ADVERTISEMENT

Does Pat Fitzgerald not fit this program perfectly

Fitzgerald is a NW alum. Why would he leave his alma mater for this dumpster fire?

Exactly. Years ago I thought he'd be a good fit for ND ... but then realized he was a NW alum. Same as with Harbaugh and Shaw now, both are at their alma maters.

Our last 2 alum coaches were Kuharich and Weis, both failures. Where are the Rocknes, Leahys, or even Laydens?

Exactly. Years ago I thought he'd be a good fit for ND ... but then realized he was a NW alum. Same as with Harbaugh and Shaw now, both are at their alma maters.

Our last 2 alum coaches were Kuharich and Weis, both failures. Where are the Rocknes, Leahys, or even Laydens?
George O'Leary I am sure would be interested.

I think Fitz will eventually leave NW. NW is what it is. A top rated academic institution (highest ranked in the big 10) but with that comes limits on which players they can get for football.
For Fitz it would have to be the right opportunity and timing could be key.

Notre Dame is not, nor will it ever be, the right opportunity for anyone ever again. Football died the day Lou was forced out. The last 2 decades have been ND paying The Reaper.

At least his teams don't just fold for him.
Enough.

I'm sick of this roll out the red carpet for these guys from other places.

We need a guy hungry...and really understands the importance of fundamentals. Someone who doesn't get caught up in all this fancy bull shit.

BVG and BK are a joke. Particularly BVG.

He's a zero. Bk not far behind.

We are ranked below 100 in every pertinent defensive category.

To all the crying posters and to BK...

So you really think our talent level ...while maybe not top ten, is below 100 level talent. ?!

I've got nothing else.

Fitz lost to Illinois State this season. You want to hire up, not hire even. BK is not going anywhere. Perhaps the 400 million on stadium renovations could have been used to attract Saban, Meyer, Herman. But then, we wouldn't be getting a brand new jumbo to go along with an 8-4 program.

Reactions: bill_surfs
Fitz lost to Illinois State this season. You want to hire up, not hire even. BK is not going anywhere. Perhaps the 400 million on stadium renovations could have been used to attract Saban, Meyer, Herman. But then, we wouldn't be getting a brand new jumbo to go along with an 8-4 program.
Doesn't change the fact that Ara was 36-35-1 at NW - his programs played with fire and pride even at .500!

Now thats funny!

Fitzgerald is a NW alum. Why would he leave his alma mater for this dumpster fire?
Money and a chance to prove he can compete with big programs. If coaching ones alma mater was the ultimate deciding factor Meyer would be coaching Cincinnati and Nick Saban Kent St.

Offer them a salary in the range of those guys and they'll listen.. guaranteed.

Ara 36-35-1.
It's not about the money ND has a lot of it. Coaches know that going 8-4 at other schools is fine and you can make a million dollars at ND that will get you fired. I stay with Kelly and hopes he figures it out he's already proven he can win. If all we want to do is win now at all cost hire Bobby Petrino he'll come for the money, we will win on the field but off it need I say more.

It's not about the money ND has a lot of it. Coaches know that going 8-4 at other schools is fine and you can make a million dollars at ND that will get you fired. I stay with Kelly and hopes he figures it out he's already proven he can win. If all we want to do is win now at all cost hire Bobby Petrino he'll come for the money, we will win on the field but off it need I say more.
It's fine at Duke, it's not fine at most schools. Bo Pellini won 9 or more games every year at Nebraska and he was under constant criticism. Les Miles was just fired and he always won 9+ games.

8 wins a season is fine if you are a blind Kelly follower, it's not fine for most programs. It's year 7 he's not getting it straightened out, its only going to get worse from here.

Reactions: DPDWU
Pat Fitzgerald hates ND. I'm surprised some people don't know this by now.
He was a huge ND fan growing up and felt jilted when they didn't offer him a scholarship. I'm sure if you paid him enough the love would come back. Most of the dislike is PR.

DIP. 2 plus decades and numerous big name coaches turning ND down say different. This is what we get for The Holtz debacle. The Coaching fraternity is tight. They all know. No big name coach has seriously considered ND since Lou was forced out. Unless things change at the top, they never will again. We reap what we sow. 2 plus decades of reaping...and counting.

He was a huge ND fan growing up and felt jilted when they didn't offer him a scholarship. I'm sure if you paid him enough the love would come back. Most of the dislike is PR.

You seem to think anyone can be bought off. Although I'm cynical, I don't think everyone is available to the highest bidder. Some people do have integrity.

DIP. 2 plus decades and numerous big name coaches turning ND down say different. This is what we get for The Holtz debacle. The Coaching fraternity is tight. They all know. No big name coach has seriously considered ND since Lou was forced out. Unless things change at the top, they never will again. We reap what we sow. 2 plus decades of reaping...and counting.
The only big name coach that turned ND down was Meyer and the reason was he wanted a certain number of recruiting exemptions a year and the ND administration said no.

Also, the idea the big time successful coaches leave their current school to go somewhere else is not reality. What happens is that big programs go after a guy that was successful at a smaller school. It's very, very, very, VERY rare that a successful coach at a big time school leaves to go to another program.. almost never happens.

Ara got hired after being 4-0 v. ND. The same philosophy led to previous wooings of Gary Barnett and a couple others

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT