ADVERTISEMENT

Disregard my 2 QB system post

Shakin' Down the Thunder

Posts Like A Champion
Jul 10, 2012
With Winbush not even getting a snap today, it's obvious Kelly and Long have moved on from him and are focused on Book. While I'm disappointed, as I really thought based on what I saw in the spring game that BW had turned the corner and the light bulb turned on for him. Wimbush was given every chance to hold down the job and prove that he could lead this offense on a consistent basis. Watching Book today, it is clear that Book is light years ahead mentally. He can see the field, understands the offense, knows when to pass or when to run and has command. If only you could take Book's mental ability and put in Wimbush's head, then you'd have a helluva QB.

I know it's one game, but I all of sudden feel much more confident about the next two weeks, as they will be the toughest two weeks of the season.

With Winbush not even getting a snap today, it's obvious Kelly and Long have moved on from him and are focused on Book. While I'm disappointed, as I really thought based on what I saw in the spring game that BW had turned the corner and the light bulb turned on for him. Wimbush was given every chance to hold down the job and prove that he could lead this offense on a consistent basis. Watching Book today, it is clear that Book is light years ahead mentally. He can see the field, understands the offense, knows when to pass or when to run and has command. If only you could take Book's mental ability and put in Wimbush's head, then you'd have a helluva QB.

I know it's one game, but I all of sudden feel much more confident about the next two weeks, as they will be the toughest two weeks of the season.
Good thoughts but I think you give Wimbush way too much credit. You can say that Book’s mind in Wimbush’s body would be the remedy. That’s only part true

Wimbush May have arm strength but he is nowhere near the passer Book is

Was a big fan of Wimbush and still am ! However, Book , based on his performance today ,
Should be the starting QB. It is now his job to keep it if he can ! If he continues to play and lead the offense
Like he did today against the rest of the teams on our schedule it will be great for both Book and
The whole team !
Wimbush should really work hard and be ready to step up if he is needed ! Competition is always a good thing !

Reactions: theskibro
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT