ADVERTISEMENT

DB Derrick Allen commits to ND

Okay, FS or CB. I say we get 2 more corners and see which one is best for FS.

Is he a good tackler? I have seen him listed as 6'2 200+.

173e9bd335d3cbab4a328b9337dc57cd.gif

Okay, FS or CB. I say we get 2 more corners and see which one is best for FS.

Is he a good tackler? I have seen him listed as 6'2 200+.

Could play BC, FS, SS, NB... He's a savage. Complete stud. 6'1.5, 205'ish lbs. Prototype. Will knock your head off and can turn and run.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Could play BC, FS, SS, NB... He's a savage. Complete stud. 6'1.5, 205'ish lbs. Prototype. Will knock your head off and can turn and run.
Couldn't have said it better myself after just watching film. 2 bully defensive backs in one day? I'll take that

I knew for a while that our irish had a really good chance of getting him but figured he would end up at UGA in the end. Clemson was our biggest competition from what I've now read. they only wanted him at LB and they were full at the position. he only wants to play DB

Reactions: Bodizephax
3HhWKLqM_normal.jpg
Derrik Allen

@DsmoothAllen

I am a DB.. DEFENSIVE BACK, which means I play corner , safety, and nickel..all the other talk about me playing another position ..KILL IT
203c.png

Reactions: Bodizephax
3HhWKLqM_normal.jpg
Derrik Allen

@DsmoothAllen

I am a DB.. DEFENSIVE BACK, which means I play corner , safety, and nickel..all the other talk about me playing another position ..KILL IT
203c.png

Looking at his film, I'm shocked that a team wouldn't want him as a press BCB or a Safety (either FS or SS)

Dude could legit play 5-6 positions at a high level, I'm sure that we can find one at DB for him

The type of kid you can build a defense around. He seems to have all the athleticism, attitude, and most importantly confidence; which has been lacking in South Bend recently. Most impressive recruit ND has landed since Jaylon Smith. And this is before the spring game and the Irish Invasion.

I think he's an elite FS or SS. I'd also rank him high up there as a BC. Would be an excellent dime back as well if ND wanted to get into 6 DB coverages... He's basically 17 year old Todd Lyght, with modern training.

No one is committed. I'm happy that they are " very strongly
considering " going to ND. Let's hope they still " strongly consider" going to ND by next February's offficial signing day. Until then the word
" committed" holds little value.

Reactions: SwlaDukie
Good gosh a secondary of

BC: Donte Vaughn (SR)
FS: Derrik Allen (SOPH)
SS: Jordan Genmark-Heath (JR)
FC: Shaun Crawford (5th) / Julian Love (SR)

Could be filthy.

Reactions: dtlove3434
No one is committed. I'm happy that they are " very strongly
considering " going to ND. Let's hope they still " strongly consider" going to ND by next February's offficial signing day. Until then the word
" committed" holds little value.

Exactly. We can be excited now, but there is a year until signing day. Here is to hoping this kid is a Darnell Ewell type in that he knows what he wants and he just quietly focuses on getting it.

Reactions: tkirish
while very exciting news, when you've been around recruiting long enough to remember the likes of Chris Martin, Ronald Darby ro Robert Beal, you know getting highly rated kids out of SEC country to commit early and stick is nearly impossible

One can dream right?...

WDE: Daelin Hayes (SR)
2. Julian Okwara (SR)

NG: Darnell Ewell (JR)
2. PJ Mustipher (SOPH)

DT: Myron Tagavailoa-Amosa (JR)
2. Jayson Ademilola (SOPH)

SDE: Kahlid Kareem (SR)
2. Justin Ademilola (SOPH)

Buck: Jamir Jones (SR)
2. Drew White (JR)

Mike: Dax Hollifield (SOPH)
2. Bo Bauer (JR)

Rover: Spencer Perry (SR)
2. Jeremiah Owusu-Koromoah (JR)

FC: Donte Vaughn (SR)
2. Houston Griffith (SOPH)

FS: Derrik Allen (SOPH)
2. Isaiah Robertson (JR)

SS: Jordan Genmark-Heath (JR)
2. Isaiah Robertson (JR)

FC: Shaun Crawford (5th) / Julian Love (SR)
2. Troy Pride (SR)

And..... Waking up.

while very exciting news, when you've been around recruiting long enough to remember the likes of Chris Martin, Ronald Darby ro Robert Beal, you know getting highly rated kids out of SEC country to commit early and stick is nearly impossible

Hell, we even had a a stud running back flip to North Carolina hahahaha...

It's always fun, isn't it?... Even the ones you do land, such as Stephon Tuitt and Louis Nix have a some quality drama associated with them. No way Alabama and Georgia give up on Allen, and something tells me Clemson might suddenly have room down the stretch as well.

That said, this is the son of an Army dad, who did his due diligence on ND, and has a previous connection to Mike Elko... Not saying this will stick a year from now, but here is to hoping!

I am not sure why but I am thinking Crawford, White, Watkins, Pride and Vaughn this year and Gervin next would let us move Love to FS. I think he is a little short on CB ability but perfect for FS.

Forgot Tee Shephard

He will end up flipping to us like Beal did, enjoy having him on your list for a few months,

He only wants to come to ND if his sister can get in?

Not to mention Georgia is one of the easier states to pull guys out of. Georgia, Florida, Texas, etc......these states leak like a 100 year old pipe.

Let's not pretend you're LSU with Louisiana recruits

He will end up flipping to us like Beal did, enjoy having him on your list for a few months,

I do not get your logic.

As a personal exercise, list all the commits we have had under BK, list who flipped, then figure the percentages. We could lose Allen but the guy and his family did a ton of due diligence before he committed. He visited twice on his own dime. His Dad was a career army guy. They talked to other parents. He committed before spring practice with no pressure. Why do you think he is so flighty he would ignore all that effort?

Methinks your inner Cassandra has taken over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT