ADVERTISEMENT

D. Moore Deciding tonight??

If you actually don't think the quarterback issue is a big issue then you're in the minority, bud. Keep telling yourself that.
See Stetson Bennett. ND will be just fine. It would be great to get Moore but the program doesn't fold if they don't. Rees is one of the most highly regarded young coordinators in the college coaching world. Educate yourself.

See Stetson Bennett. ND will be just fine. It would be great to get Moore but the program doesn't fold if they don't. Rees is one of the most highly regarded young coordinators in the college coaching world. Educate yourself.

Nobody said the program would fold. It’s not gonna win a championship. The only reason Georgia won was because Bama had injuries. Georgia also has better players surrounding their quarterback than we do. Bennett was a rarity and I don’t expect that will happen again. This is the era of the elite quarterback.

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
Nobody said the program would fold. It’s not gonna win a championship. The only reason Georgia won was because Bama had injuries. Georgia also has better players surrounding their quarterback than we do. Bennett was a rarity and I don’t expect that will happen again. This is the era of the elite quarterback.
I don’t disagree about having an elite QB. Is Moore one ? Remains to be seen. CJ Stroud was all but going to Baylor for a while. Bryce Young flipped from USC to Bama. You either have faith in the staff or you don't. I do. It's a top 8 program. They know what they're doing.

A stetson Bennett is the outlier, not the rule. And we dont have the talent of Georgia. We need top level QBs if we want to compete. We arent winning anything with Bennett or a Book or a Pyne.

To those downplaying the QB situation. No backup plan for 2023 QB. If we miss on Moore. None. 0. Our future rides on Angeli’s development. Let that sink in. You don’t not take a QB this year. It simply MUST happen. So who is it? Who’s the 2-3 star kid? Who do we poach? There’s Avery Johnson, but IB said he can’t throw with not much upside. I’d try and find a big kid with a big arm. A development project 3 star type. I’d love to have a 6’5 kid with a cannon and a strong work ethic that can sit in the system and learn. Brady Allen from last year would’ve been perfect. I hate that ND doesn’t go for the big tall pro style kids.

Last edited:
To those downplaying the QB situation. No backup plan for 2023 QB. If we miss on Moore. None. 0. Our future rides on Angeli’s development. Let that sink in. You don’t not take a QB this year. It simply MUST happen. So who is it? Who’s the 2-3 star kid? Who do we poach? There’s Avery Johnson, but IB said he can’t throw with not much upside. I’d try and find a big kid with a big arm. A development project 3 star type. I’d love to have a 6’5 kid with a cannon and a strong work ethic that can sit in the system and learn. Brady Allen from last year would’ve been perfect. I hate that ND doesn’t go for the big tall pro style kids.
Or Buchner is the starter until 2024. Then you start a 24 kid like Sayin or Carr as sophomores in 2025

Or Buchner is the starter until 2024. Then you start a 24 kid like Sayin or Carr as sophomores in 2025

Right. But we should still take a kid from 23. There are some options on the board. Weston Smith is a 6’5 215 lb kid out of Texas committed to Princeton. Nathan Greek is same size uncommitted kid also from TX. Top 20 kids. No idea who Eli Holstein likes. I’m sure he’d be a no chance, but top 5 big kid. Kaden Anderson also uncommitted top 20 out of TX. Texas is absolutely loaded with top QBs. I’m sure the Stuckey connection wouldn’t hurt. An all out push for Jackson Arnold might work. Also TX kid. I like Moore, but I like our chances with a big competition between a kid like Arnold or another TX kid, Angeli, Sayin/Carr a lot more than letting it all ride and losing on Dante Moore. I think ND needs to show some other kids some love. They had no problem showing Vizzina some love, why not go after a 3-4 star tall kid. Hell, they are usually the ones to end up elite anyways.

Last edited:
I wish that I could predict the future like you !

is that why you’re not betting me ?

Don‘t tell IrishJohn68 !

Right. But we should still take a kid from 23. There are some options on the board. Weston Smith is a 6’5 215 lb kid out of Texas committed to Princeton. Nathan Greek is same size uncommitted kid also from TX. Top 20 kids. No idea who Eli Holstein likes. I’m sure he’d be a no chance, but top 5 big kid. Kaden Anderson also uncommitted top 20 out of TX. Texas is absolutely loaded with top QBs. I’m sure the Stuckey connection wouldn’t hurt. An all out push for Jackson Arnold might work. Also TX kid. I like Moore, but I like our chances with a big competition between a kid like Arnold or another TX kid, Angeli, Sayin/Carr a lot more than letting it all ride on Dante Moore. I think ND needs to show some other kids some love. They had no problem showing Vizzina some love, why not go after a 3-4 star kid. Hell, they are usually the ones to end up elite anyways.
We the favorites for Dante Moore. You need to relax

Please. I’d take 2 QBs in 23 regardless. Let one transfer out if they wish. Make it a big competition. Take size and upside and develop a damn QB. I like that more than rivals rankings.
Glad youre not on staff then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Golson5
Please. I’d take 2 QBs in 23 regardless. Let one transfer out if they wish. Make it a big competition. Take size and upside and develop a damn QB. I like that more than rivals rankings.
No need to take 2

Whatever he decides is the right decision is a terribly cliche response. That’s simply not true. Lots of good kids choose the wrong school, hence the transfer portal.it is possible to make the wrong move. A wrong move can happen for a variety of reasons. A snake oil salesman convinced you, you choose NIL money over academics, you go where you’re not a good fit. Trust me, a million dollars of NIL money for a college kid will get blown in the matter of 4 years. They will graduate without a penny of it left. Many NFL players find themselves in the same predicament. They have no career at 28 and most of the money they made is in cars, parties, vacations, boats. I knew of a trailer park woman that inherited $1.5 million. She spent it all in 6 months. Then they’re broke without a degree begging to let someone put them on a broadcast. Quick cash is dangerous. It’s even more dangerous to the poor uneducated kids that are pushed towards it by equally uneducated and poor family members. The NCAA needs to do more to protect high school children imo. These kids aren’t allowed to go the the bathroom without permission or leave school at lunch, but they’re allowing salesmen to determine their academic and financial futures based on material offerings. Just seems wrong and a bit icky when it involves children. I think there should be no NIL talk until they’re adults. People forget because of their size that they’re children. Take a similar aged average kid from their class and you’re looking at a baby.
I don't think we want to go down that road. Some ND athletes wound up on the Broke list too. Did they pick the right school?

A stetson Bennett is the outlier, not the rule. And we dont have the talent of Georgia. We need top level QBs if we want to compete. We arent winning anything with Bennett or a Book or a Pyne.
Xfer Portal QBs are the rule. There will be options like LSU had in 2019 and UGA last year. But of course that doesn't mean ND will have the inside track to the best one. I wonder if TR is counting on the fact that he can always get some qb out of the portal.

Xfer Portal QBs are the rule. There will be options like LSU had in 2019 and UGA last year. But of course that doesn't mean ND will have the inside track to the best one. I wonder if TR is counting on the fact that he can always get some qb out of the portal.

They should. With this recruiting class mixed with what BK has already built, you’d have an elite OL, elite incoming receivers, a top 5 running back group, an elite DL and LBs. Its a QBs dream. Should be an easy sell.

Recruiting and developing your own QB is the rule

So you are saying Buchner is a bust? And no transfers from portal in future?

I don't think we want to go down that road. Some ND athletes wound up on the Broke list too. Did they pick the right school?
So by percentage, how many ND grads end up broke versus those from the football factories? Because that is exactly why you go down that road

So you are saying Buchner is a bust? And no transfers from portal in future?

No. I’m not saying he’s a bust. I’m saying he might just be a decent qb. He’s absolutely not even close to the passing talent of Dante. I’d love to know what Rees’s role was with losing Jurkovec. If I’m MF, I’d want to know what really went down with Phil and why Rees couldn’t persuade him to stay. All I know is Phil wanted to be at ND, but not everyone wanted Phil

Phil wanted to be a starter----no faulting him for that.

BC offered very little in terms of talent at the QB slot and he made his move------completely understandable.

But be clear on one thing----he was outplayed by Ian Book while here.

Good that it worked out for both sides.

No. I’m not saying he’s a bust. I’m saying he might just be a decent qb. He’s absolutely not even close to the passing talent of Dante. I’d love to know what Rees’s role was with losing Jurkovec. If I’m MF, I’d want to know what really went down with Phil and why Rees couldn’t persuade him to stay. All I know is Phil wanted to be at ND, but not everyone wanted Phil
He a way better runner and athlete than Dante. And his passing is better than you are saying

I guarantee you more are broke from the factories. You aren’t broke with an nd degree unless you’re totally complacent.
If Notre Dame made it part of the educational mission all ND graduates took a course in basic finance and proper behaviour I'd have that talk. Instead they take an elective in Irish tap dancing.

With the advent of the Transfer Portal how significant or insignificant is a recruit’s commitment ?

If Notre Dame made it part of the educational mission all ND graduates took a course in basic finance and proper behaviour I'd have that talk. Instead they take an elective in Irish tap dancing.
Define “proper behavior”. !

I’ve never met a broke ND grad. While my wife is a grad alum, so I don’t know many undergrads, I doubt it’s greater than .1%. To even get into ND you need a 32-36 ACT and a 4.0+. Not your typical broke idiot. Although if it were going to be anyone, it would probably be an athlete. For reference, my daughter goes to a great high school with 3,000 students. About .4% of the graduating class of 600 met that criteria. Not your average dip shit. Then it’s getting into ND which requires more than numbers. I’ve known kids to get into Stanford and not ND. Quite common actually. Small school. National reach. Better stats than Harvard. It surprises people but it shouldn’t.

Last edited:
Define “proper behavior”. !
Do ND grads speak in clear distinct voice?
Are they trained in how to form and maintain relationships?
Can they support their opinions with reason?

If yes is it because ND teaches that or admitted good starting material?

What the hell are you babbling about?

No

Phil left because Book was going to start another year. He wanted to play. And he was fed up with Chip. IMO, a premature decision. It wasn’t Rees

Who is keeping score?
You suggested that ND grads go broke as well…which is true…but not anywhere near the rate those from football factories do…so I suggested you do some research. That is your response?

ok, list those ND grads that are broke …start there

It’s called Freshmen Year of Studies. Includes math, science, English language arts, history, foreign language/business course….

BOTH !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT