ADVERTISEMENT

D. Moore Deciding tonight??

Holycrossover3

Irish Guard
Gold Member
Sep 11, 2012
Dante has deleted all of posts of recruiting trips besides ND & LSU. Personally I feel like the only advantage to choosing LSU would be NIL money. We shall see. Any predictions?

Moore News

No prediction here. I too believe NIL could be a draw plus the SEC is another draw. Sure would be great new IF ND could close the deal.

I used to see Freeman posting Dante up on Instagram story. Not seeing that anymore. LSU seems to have made a big impact, probably money, strippers, and a car. Could be over for us. Sayin and Carr are legit!!

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
Free advice for the free board: always doubt accounts that aren't associated with credentialed media outlets.

Next time bring it to the premium board and I'll keep you updated.

Truth is, no one knows anything concrete -- he is smart is keeping things close to the vest and controlling the dialogue.

Reactions: echowaker
Thanks for posting this. I say Moore picks the Irish.

WhiteKnight3

Hi I'm new here​

Gold Member
I read Tate’s story about how he had to beg his mother to take another trip to ND. She finally agreed and was knocked off her feet by the positive vibes of the Freeman era. Tate was genuinely excited about ND. However, Tate wants to win and win big (TB has yet to establish himself but definitely more talented than Book). and the last story I read about DM was so bland and uninspiring as to wonder if we are truly a serious consideration for him. I was disappointed that we put Vizzina on the back burner and lost him to Clemson. IMHO he was a take and we still pursue DM. I hope I’m wrong about Moore. It would sure help recruiting top talent if he committed sooner rather than later. He’s a top level competitor and talent. We have outstanding assistant coaches who are great recruiters and the level of talent choosing ND is definitely on the upswing. Having Freeman so involved in the recruiting process takes it to a whole new level. Ohio State can’t be a true barometer of our anticipated success or failure but I honestly believe that it will be a very close game. Then there’s the 2023 class looking like a generational top level of talent and the future of ND football is VERY bright. GO IRISH☘️

Reactions: BodiTheGreat

WhiteKnight3

Hi I'm new here​

Gold Member
I read Tate’s story about how he had to beg his mother to take another trip to ND. She finally agreed and was knocked off her feet by the positive vibes of the Freeman era. Tate was genuinely excited about ND. However, Tate wants to win and win big (TB has yet to establish himself but definitely more talented than Book). and the last story I read about DM was so bland and uninspiring as to wonder if we are truly a serious consideration for him. I was disappointed that we put Vizzina on the back burner and lost him to Clemson. IMHO he was a take and we still pursue DM. I hope I’m wrong about Moore. It would sure help recruiting top talent if he committed sooner rather than later. He’s a top level competitor and talent. We have outstanding assistant coaches who are great recruiters and the level of talent choosing ND is definitely on the upswing. Having Freeman so involved in the recruiting process takes it to a whole new level. Ohio State can’t be a true barometer of our anticipated success or failure but I honestly believe that it will be a very close game. Then there’s the 2023 class looking like a generational top level of talent and the future of ND football is VERY bright. GO IRISH☘️
Thanks for the update !

The "great announcement" turned out to be kind of a parody of those "top five" graphics that kids put out. Him in his HS uniform, with the logos of ALL of the teams that had offered him.

I believe that Mr. Moore has pulled a practical joke on all of football fandom and punditry alike. We been had, folks. And very funny it was, too IMO. :)

Reactions: Kontiki09
The "great announcement" turned out to be kind of a parody of those "top five" graphics that kids put out. Him in his HS uniform, with the logos of ALL of the teams that had offered him.

I believe that Mr. Moore has pulled a practical joke on all of football fandom and punditry alike. We been had, folks. And very funny it was, too IMO. :)
He posted a pic of a duck. Dante is not going to ND. He's going to the highest bidder. This will end up another epic collapse by Rees on the recruiting front. He might fail in 2024 too for all we know. If so, that would mean he only landed one QB in 3 years (#42 ranked Angeli).

He posted a pic of a duck. Dante is not going to ND. He's going to the highest bidder. This will end up another epic collapse by Rees on the recruiting front. He might fail in 2024 too for all we know. If so, that would mean he only landed one QB in 3 years (#42 ranked Angeli).
How about you pony up some bucks for Dante?! Give Tommy a helping hand

Here she goes again. Typical woman

You have to chill out a little bit brother. I agree that Dante will likely not come to ND, but the truth is that we don’t know anything yet. Let’s just give it some time.

Reactions: Kelso86
You have to chill out a little bit brother. I agree that Dante will likely not come to ND, but the truth is that we don’t know anything yet. Let’s just give it some time.
It's a bigger problem than people realize. While Freeman and staff are "shopping down a different isle" they have the ability to shop down that isle. Rees does not. I remain completely convinced that TR is the weak link in the chain and if we don't excel in recruiting and on the field, it's because of him. I've never been a fan. Last years offensive recruiting and now this years QB struggles is only highlighting the issue. Wait until it's 2025 and we have 0 talent in a QB and exceptional talent everywhere else. It will be the defining moment for Freeman. If Buchner isn't any good because he wasn't developed, this will be an absolute shit show. Rees is a Kelly guy, not a Freeman guy.

It's a bigger problem than people realize. While Freeman and staff are "shopping down a different isle" they have the ability to shop down that isle. Rees does not. I remain completely convinced that TR is the weak link in the chain and if we don't excel in recruiting and on the field, it's because of him. I've never been a fan. Last years offensive recruiting and now this years QB struggles is only highlighting the issue. Wait until it's 2025 and we have 0 talent in a QB and exceptional talent everywhere else. It will be the defining moment for Freeman. If Buchner isn't any good because he wasn't developed, this will be an absolute shit show. Rees is a Kelly guy, not a Freeman guy.
It’s a fair point, but only if everything you’ve written comes to fruition. That’s the issue I and some have with these posts - they are emotional and based on speculation. I’m not saying your points are invalid, but there are a lot of assumptions you make that simply may just not be true. For example, you say we have QB struggles this year. How can we have QB struggles if we haven’t even played a game? What if TB proves to be a stud and stays healthy?

All I’m saying is to let things play out before driving off a cliff. Or don’t…you’re capable of deciding for yourself. But, if you go with the latter, expect people to call you out on it and try to understand the other perspective.

It’s a fair point, but only if everything you’ve written comes to fruition. That’s the issue I and some have with these posts - they are emotional and based on speculation. I’m not saying your points are invalid, but there are a lot of assumptions you make that simply may just not be true. For example, you say we have QB struggles this year. How can we have QB struggles if we haven’t even played a game? What if TB proves to be a stud and stays healthy?

All I’m saying is to let things play out before driving off a cliff. Or don’t…you’re capable of deciding for yourself. But, if you go with the latter, expect people to call you out on it and try to understand the other perspective.
By this years quarterback struggles I mean the ability to land a QB recruit. We shouldn't be all in on 1 guy. I agree, who knows with Buchner. I'm not talking about on the field struggles with him per se. My worry with Buchner is more hypothetical (he's all we got). I have not made any serous presumptions about Buchner. He could be great. He could be poor. He could be decent (most likely). If he is great, Rees is a good coach and developed him well and deserves credit. We will know very soon. It won't change the recruiting woes. If Rees misses on Moore and can't get luckier with Carr or Sayin, we are doomed. That's assuming the one we got actually turned out to be good and not just a bust like many other 4/5 star kids. To recruit legitimately at QB, you need a high 4 star, or 5 star kid every single year. Last year was a 3 star. This year is trending towards nobody at all. No QB recruit in the 2023 class should be looked at as one of the most disappointing things to happen to ND in recruiting in a long time and a major blow to the Feeman era. While the homers and optimists like to pretend things are always perfect (they were also ecstatic with BK's recruiting and all his coaching hires), there are legit and serious issues here. We are the worst big time program in the country at recruiting quarterbacks and that's not an opinion. No question.

Last edited:
Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
That would be the perfect opportunity for a transfer, ala Coan

By this years quarterback struggles I mean the ability to land a QB recruit. We shouldn't be all in on 1 guy. I agree, who knows with Buchner. I'm not talking about on the field struggles with him per se. My worry with Buchner is more hypothetical (he's all we got). I have not made any serous presumptions about Buchner. He could be great. He could be poor. He could be decent (most likely). If he is great, Rees is a good coach and developed him well and deserves credit. We will know very soon. It won't change the recruiting woes. If Rees misses on Moore and can't get luckier with Carr or Sayin, we are doomed. That's assuming the one we got actually turned out to be good and not just a bust like many other 4/5 star kids. To recruit legitimately at QB, you need a high 4 star, or 5 star kid every single year. Last year was a 3 star. This year is trending towards nobody at all. No QB recruit in the 2023 class should be looked at as one of the most disappointing things to happen to ND in recruiting in a long time and a major blow to the Feeman era. While the homers and optimists like to pretend things are always perfect (they were also ecstatic with BK's recruiting and all his coaching hires), there are legit and serious issues here. We are the worst big time program in the country at recruiting quarterbacks and that's not an opinion. No question.

I think more importantly right now is thr offensive approach.
If we continue the Brian Kelly 3 yard and sit routes it doesn't matter who we bring in.
We need down the field chunk plays to play with the top programs.
We try to score on 13 play drives every possession.
We need to score in 3 plays at times...and under Kelly that never happened. Occasionally against a Navy...but against top competition no! Afraid afraid afraid of failure!!!!

You can reincarnate any legend but until the offensive approach changes we'll continue with only "decent" QB play.

He wants to play day 1

I have a connection to his trainer. He wants to play day 1. Who will LSU have at QB???

Michigan is off the table because the QB spot is locked for the next 2-3 years.

ND has TB

So it could be LSU

He wants to play day 1

I have a connection to his trainer. He wants to play day 1. Who will LSU have at QB???

ND has TB

So it could be LSU
Lsu has a better QB room than us

You just made no sense

He wants to play day 1

ND has TB

So it could be LSU
He’s scared to compete for starting spot?

Lsu has a better QB room than us

You just made no sense
#1 I asked the question “who is LSU”s QB”.

I was not sure who they had.

However, I know for a fact he wants to play day 1 as a Freshman.

He's not guaranteed to start at any of those schools.
Exactly. If he wants to start day 1, he’s limiting his choices to teams that may not make a NY6 bowl. That may be just fine though, especially now that the transfer portal is so popular.

Dante seems like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders though. Whatever he decides will be the right decision.

Exactly. If he wants to start day 1, he’s limiting his choices to teams that may not make a NY6 bowl. That may be just fine though, especially now that the transfer portal is so popular.

Dante seems like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders though. Whatever he decides will be the right decision.

Whatever he decides is the right decision is a terribly cliche response. That’s simply not true. Lots of good kids choose the wrong school, hence the transfer portal.it is possible to make the wrong move. A wrong move can happen for a variety of reasons. A snake oil salesman convinced you, you choose NIL money over academics, you go where you’re not a good fit. Trust me, a million dollars of NIL money for a college kid will get blown in the matter of 4 years. They will graduate without a penny of it left. Many NFL players find themselves in the same predicament. They have no career at 28 and most of the money they made is in cars, parties, vacations, boats. I knew of a trailer park woman that inherited $1.5 million. She spent it all in 6 months. Then they’re broke without a degree begging to let someone put them on a broadcast. Quick cash is dangerous. It’s even more dangerous to the poor uneducated kids that are pushed towards it by equally uneducated and poor family members. The NCAA needs to do more to protect high school children imo. These kids aren’t allowed to go the the bathroom without permission or leave school at lunch, but they’re allowing salesmen to determine their academic and financial futures based on material offerings. Just seems wrong and a bit icky when it involves children. I think there should be no NIL talk until they’re adults. People forget because of their size that they’re children. Take a similar aged average kid from their class and you’re looking at a baby.

Last edited:
Then he should go to Western Michigan

He should also understand that anyone at the Power 5 level making him that promise is lying to him
Not a single team in the top 10 that he would start from day 1 without competition. Could he beat out Buchner and Angeli? Possibly. Either way, he'd likely be a starter at ND for 3 years. Not happening at LSU, Michigan, Ohio State, etc. I do not know what Oregon's situation is like, but if you want to go all the way out there just so you can start from day 1, your head is in the wrong place. ND is likely the best chance to play early of any top 10 team in the country. I HIGHLY doubt Dante Moore will make his decision based on the level of competition he will face. If so, you don't really want that kind of a guy anyways.

More utter nonsense from a truly uninformed " fan".

That's so dumb. If you knew " anything " about the dynamic involved in the Marcus Freeman hiring as the head football coach at Notre Dame you'd know Tommy Rees is " clearly" a Freeman guy. Educate yourself.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT