ADVERTISEMENT

Curious, who is staying home, going to a bar, or a private party for the game ?

echowaker

All Star
Feb 5, 2003
Personally going to a friends house with some other ND fans and a few stinking OSU fans.

Up from Florida to Maryland watching with my son, a UMD alum, but, like his dad, another diehard Irish fan.

GOIRISH!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: echowaker
Gonna watch at home w/ my son, Cade & my wife. Don’t know if my daughter Bella will be in attendance, (she’s a high schooler w/ a boyfriend, good luck to us). If any of my kid’s friends are in attendance, they know that I get a little nutty so if they come, they come prepared for some ‘f’ bombs. Let’s hope there aren’t too many of them (unless it’s a joyous one) ;)

I'm going to head to south bend, hit up Eddie street commons and some of the local bars. Probably get an Uber to my sister's house in south bend after.

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
Will not watch at least 1st Q. Maybe not 1st half depending on score.

This entire year it’s been a strange thing I’m not changing for the CFP.

My kids go to bed around 7:30, so it’s usually about 830 by the time I’ve got them asleep.

Since ND has played a lot of late games this year (Michigan, Stanford, VT, Navy, FSU, USC) I have missed the first Q. I would just glance at the gamecast on my phone.

The games I actually watched from the beginning were ND’s worst performances (Ball State, Vandy, Pitt).

The Syracuse game I purposely didn’t watch the early.

Lol. No doubt, farly, u need to miss the 1st qtr, we need all the karma sorcery magic we can muster.

At home with my Dad, sister, wife, and 9 month daughter. My dad wanted to go to an Irish pub, but I said no. I absolutely hate watching games at bars. Even designated sports bars stink. 90% of the customers are just there to drink and be obnoxious. They don't even watch the game. This is also why I hate super bowl parties. The only bar I could tolerate, as people are quiet and mind their own business was Lefty O'douls in San Francisco. Sadly the original location got shut down.

At home by myself... better luck when I watch alone... placing a tomahawk rib in the smoker....
Huge party at our home in Naples. Over 50 people. All have vowed to root for ND

All good luck charms in place.

Let’s do this!!!

Flying first class to Texas tonight. Couldn’t fly down a few days ago in my dads private jet. I had to tie some loose ends as my work is demanding, ugh. The worst thing about flying first class is you still have to wait for all the dip shits to board the plane and walk by coughing and spreading germs. Watching game in the press box. I’ll probably tailgate with a few rich friends outside the stadium beforehand. Not sure though. I hate being around the peasants. The food sucks at the stadium and so does the beer. Part of me wishes I was just watching it from home. Oh well, hoping for a win.

Last edited:
Reactions: amazingreis
Watchinag alone with calls to my son in another state before , during , and after game ! Also posting during game to relieve emotions , anger and frustration, when things go bad, and share the joys about the good plays with my fellow Under The Dome posters !
In the end let’s hope that we celebrate the great ND victory !

I actually have to cantor at the 5:00 mass and I have to be at church at 4:00 for warm up, so I'm saving the game on DVR. When I get home from church I will pour myself an adult beverage, and watch the game sans commercials and other BS.

Colonoscopy then dentist then in law’s then off to my shift at Walmart with Pike, NDAfarley and Friedman.

Flying first class to Texas tonight. Couldn’t fly down a few days ago in my dads private jet. I had to tie some loose ends as my work is demanding, ugh. The worst thing about flying first class is you still have to wait for all the dip shits to board the plane and walk by coughing and spreading germs. Watching game in the press box. I’ll probably tailgate with a few rich friends outside the stadium beforehand. Not sure though. I hate being around the peasants. The food sucks at the stadium and so does the beer. Part of me wishes I was just watching it from home. Oh well, hoping for a win.
I love sarcasm.

Home with my wife and two sons. My two daughters are both in college but they will be watching. My 13yr son said it feels like Christmas Eve all over again.

My oldest sister, an ND fan, is enjoying her first fall of retirement after 30 years of service for the USPS. Due to work, etc. this is the first season she has gotten to watch all the games with me. We have watched for the most part alone all season and though I have been invited to game watch parties by my buds at their homes or out in bars; I'm not messing with the undefeated ju-ju- so watching with my sis with plenty to drink and drink. Go Irish!

Reactions: francade
I’m torn. Over the years, I’ve made a habit of watching games at home, alone, so I can curse, scream, pace around and have easy access to my fridge/bathroom when I need it. It’s superstition. Today, I’ve been invited to a watch party and seriously considering going. I’ve been fairly pessimistic about our chances to win this game until recently. I truly believe we will compete well and actually win! What to do?

In law’s 96 birthday party. No phone, no cable, no electricity, no indoor plumbing. It is a pioneer themed birthday party. Gonna have real Native Americans!

First half on either Watch ESPN or ESPN on Southwest Airlines free TV. Second half in a bar at BWI or on Watch ESPN sitting at gate.

I'm going to watch in a bar but not where I live. If I watch the game in watering holes I frequent then I get the running commentary from non ND fans who are friends with me. I'm gonna watch in Bay Ridge Brooklyn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT