ADVERTISEMENT

Crowd enthusiasm

kev2225

Irish Guard
Jan 1, 2007
Four touchdowns so far, and after each one there's such a subdued reaction. Most places you get more enthusiasm than that after a first down. Why is that? They show the crowd and the people are politely applauding. Maybe I've been watching too much SEC games where the home crowd is really into it.

Reactions: malon02
Four touchdowns so far, and after each one there's such a subdued reaction. Most places you get more enthusiasm than that after a first down. Why is that? They show the crowd and the people are politely applauding. Maybe I've been watching too much SEC games where the home crowd is really into it.
because in the SEC they are playing against really good teams with a lot of great players and national impact. ND is playing against Stanford. Does it get fans hyped if they watch their team dink and dunk for 10 plays and 80 yards against the 90th ranked Cardinal?

Reactions: NDinNJ
The game day experience has been made artificial and uninvolving. Most of the things we read about (DJs, smoke, proclamations) have nothing to do with Notre Dame students.

because in the SEC they are playing against really good teams with a lot of great players and national impact. ND is playing against Stanford. Does it get fans hyped if they watch their team dink and dunk for 10 plays and 80 yards against the 90th ranked Cardinal?
Yawn.....

You have a point. It's a solid win, they won by 42, but the ND offense is far from prolific. Riley Leonard would have trouble hitting a barn from 20 yards out, so they have no choice but to throw the 5 yard outs and now slants, and letting the WR's and RB's work for the additional yardage

• Haha
Reactions: Golson5
Cool story but why would Bama escape at home vs SC or Georgia struggle with a bad 1-4 Miss St or Tenn down 3-0 to Florida at home with 8 to go in 2nd qrt if their crowds were so loud 😂?

False . Have been at every game. Crowd has been fine.

Is that why Saban was complaining about the Bama crowds? Or Kiffin calling out the Miss students?

You are worse than the WH press secretary.

False . Have been at every game. Crowd has been fine.
Then there's something wrong with the broadcast audio. Watching these other games today, you can barely hear the announcer due to the crowd on touchdowns. With ours, it's as if we got a 5 yard gain.

You're probably right. Watched the LSU game tonight, and crowd was going nuts with every score. Great, electric atmosphere against a good opponent. I've been big on upgrading our schedule, but I don't see that happening. I think most people here are happy playing MAC schools and bottom tier ACC teams, as long as we get the win.

Reactions: chaseball
However, ND did silence that 11th man at Texas A&M back in September.

Reactions: chaseball
However, ND did silence that 11th man at Texas A&M back in September.
Which is irrelevant to the thread. The point was that our home crowd seems like their asleep even after a touchdown. They show the crowd, and you see them clapping almost in slow motion.

Which is irrelevant to the thread. The point was that our home crowd seems like their asleep even after a touchdown. They show the crowd, and you see them clapping almost in slow motion.
It wasn't a night game. That game was. There's a difference. Also we have a small student body

Reactions: NDinNJ
What you see on TV may not be the reality of what's actually happening.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
One thing many overlook is unlike OSU, Bama, UGA, UM, etc. who have 15-17 thousand student sections, ND has a few thousand in theirs. I’m sorry but that makes a huge difference in the atmosphere/noise.

As a fan who has attended many games in South Bend, I’ve long said there are too many old fans taking up seats. That said, I don’t begrudge them, they pay for them but many just don’t cheer like fans do at other venues I’ve attended like OSU, Clemson, and UT.

I have been at games in south bend where older fans are literally telling other fans to sit down. I’ve seen it several times in fact and a few times I’ve witnessed yelling arguments about it. That’s a problem IMO, fans in attendance should be loud and engaged, that’s the point of home field advantage.

One thing many overlook is unlike OSU, Bama, UGA, UM, etc. who have 15-17 thousand student sections, ND has a few thousand in theirs. I’m sorry but that makes a huge difference in the atmosphere/noise.

As a fan who has attended many games in South Bend, I’ve long said there are too many old fans taking up seats. That said, I don’t begrudge them, they pay for them but many just don’t cheer like fans do at other venues I’ve attended like OSU, Clemson, and UT.

I have been at games in south bend where older fans are literally telling other fans to sit down. I’ve seen it several times in fact and a few times I’ve witnessed yelling arguments about it. That’s a problem IMO, fans in attendance should be loud and engaged, that’s the point of home field advantage.
This is an overplayed story. Never been told to sit down, and I’m at every game. Been in sections both young and old.

When ND is playing in super high leverage games against the best teams in the country the stadium is capable of getting insanely loud. Those type of games are just too far and few in between these days though.

There are press members who were at the USC ND '05 bush push game, and many of the press that attended that game are on record saying that was one of the craziest/loudest/most intense game atmospheres they've attended anywhere in any stadium in their careers

When ND is playing in super high leverage games against the best teams in the country the stadium is capable of getting insanely loud. Those type of games are just too far and few in between these days though.

There are press members who were at the USC ND '05 bush push game, and many of the press that attended that game are on record saying that was one of the craziest/loudest/most intense game atmospheres they've attended anywhere in any stadium in their careers
lol. Your suggestion that every other non ND game has the same loudness as the 2005 USC game is 100% false. Watch Iowa-MD or Rutgers-MSU, or Auburn-Ole Miss, or Bama-Miss State….on and on and on

An elite poster such as you should be a fan of an SEC team. Don't waste your precious time on Notre Dame.

Go get on one of their message boards and provide their fans with your vast knowledge of football.

An elite poster such as you should be a fan of an SEC team. Don't waste your precious time on Notre Dame.

Go get on one of their message boards and provide their fans with your vast knowledge of football.
he probably got kicked out of Duke and Vanderbilt so this is all that is left to him
we don't remove trolls

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT