ADVERTISEMENT

Crickets

No. It was you. You were very negative toward BK and the program long before you became a sort of supporter.

Toby,

Echo can fight his own battles, but you were the one urging a poster to provide proof of an accusation he made about you earlier in this thread, chiding him further when he didn't respond...

I suggest you find the evidence that Echo is asking for or you're going to look pretty hypocritical, don't you think?... If you do find it, kudos to you for doing your homework.

I've watched enough Notre Dame football to know that you don't start running your mouth after a 3-1 start.
Is it ok for all the Kelly haters to run their months constantly? All of season it's "firer Kelly and Swarbrick and if anybody else who disagrees with us be damned!" Notice that butt heads like Bugjuice and nowhere to be seen when ND wins. Kind of nice not having them around.

Guys like you are problems on this board. Negative, condescending, trolling- take it somewhere else.
Hey IIO. Where were you asking this dude to supply proof of my negative comments? Why aren't you condemning him? The very dude you are defending has done the same and you were nowhere to be found asking him for proof. This is really all about politics and who you are in bed with and who you dislike. Good grief. Can you be any more obvious? You want negative? How about your rantings about the Irish fan base, not once, but twice. How about your game day temper tantrum about something that has no affect on you? And you're going to point fingers at me?

Reactions: Bodizephax
Hey IIO. Where were you asking this dude to supply proof of my negative comments? Why aren't you condemning him? The very dude you are defending has done the same and you were nowhere to be found asking him for proof. This is really all about politics and who you are in bed with and who you dislike. Good grief. Can you be any more obvious? You want negative? How about your rantings about the Irish fan base, not once, but twice. How about your game day temper tantrum about something that has no affect on you? And you're going to point fingers at me?

I didn't defend IrishMike, lol. I said nothing earlier in this thread in his defense when you called him out. In fact, I thought you had a good point and I was waiting for him to supply the evidence you were looking for. Not once did I defend him against your request of him.... I am, however, defending Echo in this case because I think you are now doing the same thing you chastised somebody else for earlier in this thread.

I even went as far as giving you kudos if you supplied the evidence that Echo was requesting of you... Instead You're trying to spin this back towards me.

Just supply the evidence he requested of you... The same evidence you requested of somebody else. I think that's completely reasonable, as I do my critique of the people who were acting like Notre Dame was terrible because the ofrense struggled against an elite Georgia front 7.

I didn't defend IrishMike, lol. I said nothing earlier in this thread in his defense when you called him out. In fact, I thought you had a good point and I was waiting for him to supply the evidence you were looking for. Not once did I defend him against your request of him.... I am, however, defending Echo in this case because I think you are now doing the same thing you chastised somebody else for earlier in this thread.

I even went as far as giving you kudos if you supplied the evidence that Echo was requesting of you... Instead You're trying to spin this back towards me.

Just supply the evidence he requested of you... The same evidence you requested of somebody else. I think that's completely reasonable, as I do my critique of the people who were acting like Notre Dame was terrible because the ofrense struggled against an elite Georgia front 7.

I'm here to defend my "temper tantrum". I'll gladly provide you with a bunch of the posts I was responding too from previous weeks. I'll answer any question or criticism you have of me. I'm on holidays this week. I have all the time in the world to debate back and forth with you and discuss the legitimacy of my rant... I'm not ducking anyone's requests.

You put your two cents into a spirited free message board discussion so yes, now it's about you. This is a free message board and nothing on it is serious. The very thought that you decree me to supply proof of anything is hilarious and really wreaks of narcissism. Come on man. You want to be known around here as a football analysts until you want to be known as a political activist. I get it. Your defending your pal which is pretty funny in itself.

You put your two cents into a spirited free message board discussion so yes, now it's about you. This is a free message board and nothing on it is serious. The very thought that you decree me to supply proof of anything is hilarious and really wreaks of narcissism. Come on man. You want to be known around here as a football analysts until you want to be known as a political activist. I get it. Your defending your pal which is pretty funny in itself.

Keep ducking. I'm not decreeing that you do anything. Stop being a sensationalist. I asked you a question? You're getting predictably defensive because you're scrambling. My kudos for you still stands if you provide Echo the proof you cried for earlier in this thread.

I don't want to be "known" for anything. I write my opinions and people agree, disagree, and debate. I'm a random poster on a message board. This is fun for me. I'm also nothing close to a political activist. I have a great interest in politics in football and thoroughly enjoy conversing in discussions that touch on either topic.

I'm quite composed. Even when I'm calling someone out or am being called out. Feel free to use your ignore function if you would rather not communicate with me. I'm happy to converse with you and I won't lose a wink of sleep if you would rather not.

Keep ducking. I'm not decreeing that you do anything. Stop being a sensationalist. I asked you a question? You're getting predictably defensive because you're scrambling. My kudos for you still stands if you provide Echo the proof you cried for earlier in this thread.

I don't want to be "known" for anything. I write my opinions and people agree, disagree, and debate. I'm a random poster on a message board. This is fun for me. I'm also nothing close to a political activist. I have a great interest in politics in football and thoroughly enjoy conversing in discussions that touch on either topic.

I'm quite composed. Even when I'm calling someone out or am being called out. Feel free to use your ignore function if you would rather not communicate with me. I'm happy to converse with you and I won't lose a wink of sleep if you would rather not.
Some here even made me the head Kelly lover. Toby simply made an error and was clearly thinking of someone else. I honestly could care less. His insistence is amusing.

I'm not changing my position on the need for a coaching upgrade. We've seen 5 week periods of hope before.

Some here even made me the head Kelly lover. Toby simply made an error and was clearly thinking of someone else. I honestly could care less. His insistence is amusing.

Agreed. People **** up. I do all the time. Sometimes you need to be called out. Sometimes we all need to be called out. Sometimes we need to eat a large helping of crow.

I love the old saying "facts don't care about your feelings".

I'm not changing my position on the need for a coaching upgrade. We've seen 5 week periods of hope before.

Good on you man. I'm with you that ND needs to go in a new direction in relatively short order. Fresh blood in the program would be excellent. If they can make a great hire. I simply think It's in the best interest of the program, especially for recruiting and player retention, if they transition Brian Kelly out and basically allow him to retire, much like what happened with Bob Stools at Oklahoma. Notre Dame is no longer the most attractive job in coaching. Urban Meyer could have came here and chose not too. It does the athletic department no favours in luring a top coach (especially when ND pays less than other top programs) if they jettison yet another coach. It looks a lot better for the University out they transition Kelly out as a top candidate (maybe a guy like P.J. Fleck) becomes a serious option.

I actually think Long was a little annoyed that ND took the foot off the pedal. Did anyone else get that from looking at his demeanor on the sideline in the 4th Quarter? Dantonio looked destroyed . He actually challenged the Dex TD reception AFTER it was already fkin reviewed. LOL He was desperate . What impressed me the most are the following:
1-is ND offense finishes drives . I have not see that in a while.
2- The D gets after it EVERY PLAY and Elko rotates the front 7 to keep fresh.
3- Love played vey well. I have to admit I thought he should move to a starting Safety position. His pick 6 set the tone and Crawford made the nail in the coffin strip. At he end of the season this might be the play of the year IF they can continue to win.
4- I felt the team had to make big plays to win and this team every week is making big plays . This week the pick, strip, Claypool catch, DEX TD catch to name a few were the difference.

Observations , #91 sacks the MSU QB and gets called for unnecessary roughness on the QB because he tackled too low ? Did anyone see that ? He was thrown into the QB by the left tackle. That's holding. The MSU players were undisciplined and downright dirty. ND team played with great composure.Great effort all around. I think the game could have been 52-10 but I will take 38-18 anyday.

I read your team, individual, and season commentary over the years. I took it for what it was. Enjoyable. Thorough. It was never my ND Football Bible but it was one of many sources. Then, one day, suddenly, you turned into Michael Wilbon, Jemele Hill, and Chicago sports talk radio all rolled up into one. Your Donald Trump temper tirade on game day will go down as one for the ages. Highly inappropriate for the day and really unbecoming of a wannabe serious ND football insider. Stick to football. You're decent at it. No need to be your pal's Brienne of Tart . Though we may never tailgate together, I will still have the freedom to get your take on the program. I'm good like that. We do have profound respect for Alejandro Villenueva, so we are not that far apart. I also will be more than happy to call out you, the guy you have been playing "My Bodyguard" for, and anyone else who can't back up statements and believe me, "dodging" is their middle name. Now, just let it go.

I read your team, individual, and season commentary over the years. I took it for what it was. Enjoyable. Thorough. It was never my ND Football Bible but it was one of many sources. Then, one day, suddenly, you turned into Michael Wilbon, Jemele Hill, and Chicago sports talk radio all rolled up into one. Your Donald Trump temper tirade on game day will go down as one for the ages. Highly inappropriate for the day and really unbecoming of a wannabe serious ND football insider. Stick to football. You're decent at it. No need to be your pal's Brienne of Tart . Though we may never tailgate together, I will still have the freedom to get your take on the program. I'm good like that. We do have profound respect for Alejandro Villenueva, so we are not that far apart. I also will be more than happy to call out you, the guy you have been playing "My Bodyguard" for, and anyone else who can't back up statements and believe me, "dodging" is their middle name. Now, just let it go.

"Wannabe football insider"????

Where does this come from? You keep telling me who you think I want to be and I keep telling you that's not who I am.

I have an opinion on ND football. I come here to share it. I don't claim to have sources or to be any kind of insider. Years ago I worked around the program for a short time and I do still know some people close to the situation but when was the last time I referenced one of them? I never do that. I'm not a pseudo anything or a wannabe anything... I'm no different than you. A poster on a message board. I've spent a substantial amount of time around football at multiple levels, so maybe I'm more educated on the game than some, but I'm always more than happy to debate. Maybe you don't like how outspoken I am (the Hill or Wilbon comparison), but I'm not going to conform to someone you think I should be. I don't gain anything from posting my football thoughts. There is no monetary reward for me (nor should there be) so I don't know why you think I should stick to football discussion while others on the board routinely involve themselves in political discussion. I'm a polital science major, with a Masters in international relations. I love participating in political discussion. Politics is among my favourite topics. I don't tell you what you should stick to and I feel no obligation to stick to things you feel I should either.

We can leave it there if you want and if you want to continue to talk football (or politics) I'm more than happy to do that. I'm not a spiteful person, or someone who holds grudges, but I'm an experienced debater and I'm not about to back down from a good debate if I feel that my points are valid.

"Wannabe football insider"????

Where does this come from? You keep telling me who you think I want to be and I keep telling you that's not who I am.

I have an opinion on ND football. I come here to share it. I don't claim to have sources or to be any kind of insider. Years ago I worked around the program for a short time and I do still know some people close to the situation but when was the last time I referenced one of them? I never do that. I'm not a pseudo anything or a wannabe anything... I'm no different than you. A poster on a message board. I've spent a substantial amount of time around football at multiple levels, so maybe I'm more educated on the game than some, but I'm always more than happy to debate. Maybe you don't like how outspoken I am (the Hill or Wilbon comparison), but I'm not going to conform to someone you think I should be. I don't gain anything from posting my football thoughts. There is no monetary reward for me (nor should there be) so I don't know why you think I should stick to football discussion while others on the board routinely involve themselves in political discussion. I'm a polital science major, with a Masters in international relations. I love participating in political discussion. Politics is among my favourite topics. I don't tell you what you should stick to and I feel no obligation to stick to things you feel I should either.

We can leave it there if you want and if you want to continue to talk football (or politics) I'm more than happy to do that. I'm not a spiteful person, or someone who holds grudges, but I'm an experienced debater and I'm not about to back down from a good debate if I feel that my points are valid.
We'll see how it goes. It doesn't matter to me one way or another. All this chest thumping by you has now grown tiresome. I haven't seen this much patting on one's own back since Al Gore took credit for inventing the internet.

We'll see how it goes. It doesn't matter to me one way or another. All this chest thumping by you has now grown tiresome. I haven't seen this much patting on one's own back since Al Gore took credit for inventing the internet.

I've been critical of Kelly. I still don't believe. Taking down Temple, MSU, BC. Good. I'm glad Notre Dame won games they should win. Until they take down a team like USC, who may still be in the Top 10 when they roll into South Bend in a few weeks, or a Miami on the road or Stanford on the road, I'm not sold on this new version of Kelly. You know this used to be the norm around here. ND beating down teams on a regular basis and then pulling out wins against the tough opponents. Now people are giddy over wins against teams who you won't hear from the rest of the year. Great. I'm happy for the Irish. I hope they run the table and get into the playoffs. I want more than just kicking the tar out of teams they should beat the crap out of. I want them kicking the crap out of USC in a few weeks, then going down to the U. and laying one on them. And as much as I like Stanford, the Irish owe them as well. So beat the teams with the Big Boy pants and I'll be impressed that Notre Dame is making progress.

I've been critical of Kelly. I still don't believe. Taking down Temple, MSU, BC. Good. I'm glad Notre Dame won games they should win. Until they take down a team like USC, who may still be in the Top 10 when they roll into South Bend in a few weeks, or a Miami on the road or Stanford on the road, I'm not sold on this new version of Kelly. You know this used to be the norm around here. ND beating down teams on a regular basis and then pulling out wins against the tough opponents. Now people are giddy over wins against teams who you won't hear from the rest of the year. Great. I'm happy for the Irish. I hope they run the table and get into the playoffs. I want more than just kicking the tar out of teams they should beat the crap out of. I want them kicking the crap out of USC in a few weeks, then going down to the U. and laying one on them. And as much as I like Stanford, the Irish owe them as well. So beat the teams with the Big Boy pants and I'll be impressed that Notre Dame is making progress.

I say again... Nobody (at least not me) is suggesting that Brian Kelly has reinvented himself and all of a sudden is going to win a National Championship. Nor is anyone predicting an 11-1 finish. I've predicted 8-4 or 9-3 pretty darn consistently since the winter. I believe in reasonable expectations according to talent and experience. With a rookie quarterback, shaky safeties, a defensive line that isn't overly experienced or deep and a pair of pass rushing defensive ends that are still a year away from being physically imposing, I think this team has a ceiling. A ceiling that can have them finish ranked, IMO, but ceiling none-the-less. I simply don't think It's anywhere close.to.as bad as the peoplenwho were saying ND would go 6-6 and then people were claiming that Wimbush was not the guy (after two starts) or that ND couldn't pass the ball at all because of some early season struggles, or that it was the same old defense missing tackles and giving up touchdowns before half and late in games, as if.nothjng has changed between Elko and Vanagoder's groups.

I expect them to win some of the NC State, USC, Stanford and Miami games, but I also am expecting them to lose some too. Although galvanized, better coaches and in much better shape, I don't see an 11 win group.

Is it ok for all the Kelly haters to run their months constantly? All of season it's "firer Kelly and Swarbrick and if anybody else who disagrees with us be damned!" Notice that butt heads like Bugjuice and nowhere to be seen when ND wins. Kind of nice not having them around.

Biggest hypocrite on the board .... nowhere to be seen since Georgia game until recently .... I have given credit where credit is due as always .... nice to know you still can't get me out of your head .... your mantra is still the same .... crapola ...

This season to date has proven most of what I said to be correct all along ..... :)

C'mon
It's ridiculous to believe after 7 years that a
4 and 8 season was a good thing for him to get focused.
The running game is what's propelling the Irish forward with a good defense.
Let's just all be happy that thing's definitely looking forward

Oh this guy and "The running gane" You make a broken record sound like a symphony. Let me know when New Mexico, Navy, Army, G Tech, or your beloved Cardinal make a run at the CF Playoff? ND won Saturday because MSU saw BC not respect BW, and they over committed to stopping BW. MSU left themselves exposed in the back 7. BW made them pay with his arm. You are not beating any top flight football teams running the football. Did you NOT see the UGA game? Its 2017 not 1987. If you cant pitch and catch you arent playing offense at a Championship level. Period. Give it rest with cloud of dust crap.

C'mon
It's ridiculous to believe after 7 years that a
4 and 8 season was a good thing for him to get focused.
The running game is what's propelling the Irish forward with a good defense.
Let's just all be happy that thing's definitely looking forward

oh PS sweetheart all the changes you are blathering about like Chip Longs running attack, Mike Elko's 4-2-5 defense are happening BECAUSE ND went 4-8. So as i said going 4-8 was highly beneficial. And as far as year 7 goes? That is a profoundly dumb statement and it shows how ignorant you truly are about football. Every season is its own entity. Even an equipment manager could tell you that!!! Year 3, 7 or 22 is as pointless as your opinion.

I don't know what all this talk is of 8-4 or 9-3. This team is absolutely going 11-1 and I can't understand how anyone can't see it.

Go Irish

oh PS sweetheart all the changes you are blathering about like Chip Longs running attack, Mike Elko's 4-2-5 defense are happening BECAUSE ND went 4-8. So as i said going 4-8 was highly beneficial. And as far as year 7 goes? That is a profoundly dumb statement and it shows how ignorant you truly are about football. Every season is its own entity. Even an equipment manager could tell you that!!! Year 3, 7 or 22 is as pointless as your opinion.
C'mon darling Brian Kelly's lucky he was retained.
I don't remember Nick Saban going 4-8 at Bama, I don't remember Urban Meyer going 4-8, I do not remember Dabo Sweeney going 4 and 8 , I do not remember Chris Peterson going 4-8 at Boise State, or Washington, I don't remember David Shaw going 4-8......

I can go on and on, but I think you see were I'm going.

If you believe 4 -8 in season seven with either no major bowl wins, and a poor record against top 15 teams then you and your equipment managers are clueless to know that a head coach is not judged on a single season. He's judged on an accumulation of seasons and the performance in those seasons .....ask Charlie Weis .
It's a shame you do not know how to handle yourself like an adult on this board because I believe we could have an adult conversation but you are unable to do that while continuously telling us you are part of the 1% of geniuses in the football world. Your comments on this board are the definition of "profoundly done statements"
By your own logic if Brian Kelly was to go 2 - 10 this season they would be World beaters the next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buguit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT