ADVERTISEMENT

Crawford

Not very clear. He says lets get one more. Does that mean the win in the bowl gm or hes coming back next yr

I think it is huge. His leadership contribution alone is worth it. Now can we get Gilman to return. If he does, I bet they leave Griffith at CB. Safety with Gilman, Hamilton, Griffith, Pryor, Avajon and Brown has a lot of talent and would be really crowded.

I think it is huge. His leadership contribution alone is worth it. Now can we get Gilman to return. If he does, I bet they leave Griffith at CB. Safety with Gilman, Hamilton, Griffith, Pryor, Avajon and Brown has a lot of talent and would be really crowded.
Griffith is a safety. Highly doubt hes moving to corner. Safety is by far his best position

Not very clear. He says lets get one more. Does that mean the win in the bowl gm or hes coming back next yr
I suppose that is fair but it seems on the podcasts the mods seem to think he’s leaning hard that way as it is. But yea I suppose it could be jumping the gun.

I suppose that is fair but it seems on the podcasts the mods seem to think he’s leaning hard that way as it is. But yea I suppose it could be jumping the gun.
I think he will come back. Just saying I don't know if that was the announcement for it

Easily my favorite guy on the nitre Dame roster. More heart than the rest of college football put together. If not for all the injuries he could have been one of the most dynamic play makers ever to play DB for the Irish. Happy to watch him play foe another year if he wants to give it a go.

I’m taking that tweet as he’s coming back

I think the tweet refers to the bowl (win) specifically. Everyone on the team is calling for "one more win" on twitter.

That being said, I think he comes back.
I've been saying that ever since he said he wasn't.....that just never made any sense and I knew that he'd eventually figure that out.

Same with Kmet always staying. If you know Viator, you know he's staying.

It's fun always being right!

It could be a good case study to have a college player older than his position coach.

I hope Gillman stays but that's on him. It would be big if Crawford stays and injury free for his last season at ND.

Kelly indicated in his press conference past week that he knows who's coming back and who's not. So evidently the kids have already been asked, and the one's who are coming back have committed to do so.

I thought Crawford's eligibility must be used up by now. He's been around since the BVG days.

He got a medical waiver, so effectively gets six years to play four.

Ok, thanks. Although he may have to apply to the NCAA for a potential 6th year after the season. I don't think those are granted ahead of time.

Ok, thanks. Although he may have to apply to the NCAA for a potential 6th year after the season. I don't think those are granted ahead of time.

But he's the rare case where it's a total no brainer, bc the public reporting meets the rules 100%.

In order to be eligible for a 6th year, you have to miss 2 seasons due to injury (neither can be an "optional RS year").

Season 1 (2015) - Crawford tore his ACL in fall camp
Season 2 (2018) - Crawford tore his other ACL in fall camp
Season 3 (2016) - Crawford tore his Achilles in Game 2

All 3 of those seasons would count, and he only needs 2 of them.

He's a lock to receive a 6th year, if he decides he wants it.

Reactions: mbd11
Crawford is an enigma. He'll make a couple fantastic All American plays and then the next two games he'll be an empty jersey.

It’s official now Crawford officially granted another year and returning.
Just read this, and saw a confirming story on the premium board. Really good news, and really happy for this young warrior. Our Defensive backfield just got a lot better with his return, and not sure there is anyone in college football more deserving of an injury free year.

I doubt he will get drafted with that history so I hope he can cap off a career with the same grit and determination that he's always shown.

This could be one of the best secondaries ND has put on the field in 10 years. Everybody was is awe when Houston Griffin commited being everybody wanted him. Hamilton is an all american along with a health Crawford on one corner and Bracey on the other. Pryor is another top 100 player

This could be one of the best secondaries ND has put on the field in 10 years. Everybody was is awe when Houston Griffin commited being everybody wanted him. Hamilton is an all american along with a health Crawford on one corner and Bracey on the other. Pryor is another top 100 player
Biggest worry is our corners are tiny and the depth is completely inexperienced.

There has been some good things said about our 3 freshman who red shirted this year though. Im excited to see how they look, specifically Cam Hart

Biggest worry is our corners are tiny and the depth is completely inexperienced.

There has been some good things said about our 3 freshman who red shirted this year though. Im excited to see how they look, specifically Cam Hart

Major concern is the corners. Lea needs to rotate more guys to get exp. The fact that no one outside vaughn and bracy played meaningful minutes knowing this was coming is more than concerning. There were plenty of games where they could have gotten a few guys meaning ful reps and chose not too. Cb size and depth os a huge concern. I love crawford but if hes on a 6'3- 6'4 wr 1 im im not sure i like that matchup.

I would only use Crawford in a reserve role/passing downs only situation. We need him to last a full season and if he starts he will most likely get some other injury. Yes. More guys should get a look/PT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT