ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Beach

Telx1

I've posted how many times?
May 13, 2012
Beach is here every Sunday to congratulate us when we win. So, as much as I hate to lose in general, but detest losing to USC, congrats are in order as your team was the better team in all phases of the game.

Beach is here every Sunday to congratulate us when we win. So, as much as I hate to lose in general, but detest losing to USC, congrats are in order as your team was the better team in all phases of the game.
I second your congratulations to Beach. Not looking forward to facing Caleb Williams next year.

Last edited:
Same. USC is a quality rival and one of the all time great programs (like ND). It was odd to see Lincoln Riley offense at student body right U but boy did they look good on offense. I’d look forward to watching a USC Georgia playoff game. Next year will be another rebuild for SC as they are bringing in the football versions of “one and done” … I expect the next stop for Riley is NFL if he wins at USC.

SC was the better team yesterday but ND not far off from being able to beat that team.

Fight On.

Same. USC is a quality rival and one of the all time great programs (like ND). It was odd to see Lincoln Riley offense at student body right U but boy did they look good on offense. I’d look forward to watching a USC Georgia playoff game. Next year will be another rebuild for SC as they are bringing in the football versions of “one and done” … I expect the next stop for Riley is NFL if he wins at USC.

SC was the better team yesterday but ND not far off from being able to beat that team.

Fight On.
yes; the rivalry is back! talent : talent - toe : toe competitive battles! been missing!

Reactions: notredamerises23
Yes the Semi pro portal warriors were better last night!

Fight On.
Williams ain’t one and done.

I tip my hat to SC or was an exiting game to watch and I wasn't surprised Riley was going to make a difference I am a bit surprised this fast.

I hope this series doesn't turn out to be another black hole series like under Carroll but we'll see

Congrats Beach

Williams ain’t one and done.
Williams has to come back next year then he’s gone. Most of the skill position players are gone. Riley will reload and have to re-establish the team chemistry again. He will also now get high school recruiting back to where it was under Carroll, but USC is a stepping stone for him. He’s yet to field a defense and that will be harder to overcome in the playoffs, as he no doubt already knows. That’s where Pete Carroll made hay.

Beach, was at the game Saturday... Caleb was amazing, as a football fan, a joy to watch, (of course this ND fan was screaming, "hit him") I hope 'SC goes all the way. Beat Utah and Georgia!

Congratulations. I envy USC for where it is going. I'm pretty convinced we're seeing an elite team being built within 2-3 years.

I still very much want ND to win vs USC. I've no illusions it will be harder now, given the differences in philosophy in the new college football era. And I mean no disrespect here.

All the best.

This is what you get, beach, for being such a swell guy. I guess I can call you 'beach'. Usually congratulations are reserved for your wedding day, or maybe the birth of one of your children. And you're getting the royal treatment just because some team you like won a football game. And I told you you guys were going to win. But you were too bashful to believe it, too modest......

Anyways, it was definitely a good game, I enjoyed it quite a bit even though we lost. Caleb Williams was genuinely entertaining. The rivalry is most definitely beginning a new chapter, and that was a good way to kick it off....

Stop sucking up !

We lost to a bitter rival and you guys want turn it into a love fest ?

USC won, and that’s to their credit, but enough of how wonderful it was and what a great game it was !

Unless of course, you enjoy losing to USC !

Having been at the “Bush push” game, every loss to USC is ……. Unenjoyable !

But, GUSH ON !

Reactions: nptb and Jdogg84
Stop sucking up !

We lost to a bitter rival and you guys want turn it into a love fest ?

USC won, and that’s to their credit, but enough of how wonderful it was and what a great game it was !

Unless of course, you enjoy losing to USC !

Having been at the “Bush push” game, every loss to USC is ……. Unenjoyable !

But, GUSH ON !

Man, you sure seem like an angry man.

Chill. It’s not war.

🙂

Man, you sure seem like an angry man.

Chill. It’s not war
I’m not angry in the least.

I’m just a little nauseous from all of the nonsensical syrupy kumbayas

First, it wasn’t a good game, it was a disappointing game, a frustrating game because just when ND was starting to come back, we fumble on USC’s 23. Next we throw an interception ending our hopes, so let’s stop the nonsense that it was a “good” game.

It wasn’t a good game because our running game underperformed, significantly, and it wasn’t a good game because we lost.

A “good” game is a game that ND wins !

Anyone who isn’t bothered by losing is a loser.

I believe in good sportsmanship but i don’t believe in excessive platitudes for an arch rival.

i‘m highly competitive ! i’m a good sport, a gracious winner and a gracious loser, but I’m also a good actor because I hate to lose and my competitive fires burn incredibly bright on the inside, while being gracious on the outside. But I ain’t gonna suck up and kiss my opponent’s ass !

Hope that helps

Reactions: Telx1 and tkirish

First, it wasn’t a good game, it was a disappointing game, a frustrating game because just when ND was starting to come back, we fumble on USC’s 23. Next we throw an interception ending our hopes, so let’s stop the nonsense that it was a “good” game.

It wasn’t a good game because our running game underperformed, significantly, and it wasn’t a good game because we lost.

I believe in good sportsmanship but i don’t believe in excessive platitudes for an arch rival.

i‘m highly competitive ! i’m a good sport, a gracious winner and a gracious loser, but I’m also a good actor because I hate to lose and my competitive fires burn incredibly bright on the inside, while being gracious on the outside. But I ain’t gonna suck up and kiss my opponent’s ass !

Hope that helps
Losing sucks , always has always will !! I have seen enough losses in the Coliseum. This just added to that list. Kudos to Southern Cal. They showed up and took it to ND. But make no mistake, I do not like them at all. They do not like ND. The QB is a heck of a player. Hopefully next year in Southbend ND can win that game. Yes the game was frustrating to watch from my view. Anyone want to see how this game use to be, go watch the “brawl” on YouTube in the 1971 game at ND. Go watch the 1989 Game as well. This rivalry has the potential to be the best in the country. With 2 two young coaches who can recruit, this series could get interesting once again.

Thank you. Very kind of you
Yet, you had this one in the win column for ND as you had little faith in USC's DEFENSE and if I remember correctly, particurlary its DL.

What's your analysis as to why ND lost given that you saw them as the better team? And I ask this having read a number of your posts where you said that USC was still a year or two away from beating ND.

Presumably, you were SURPRISED at the outcome. Or had you somewhere along the way, changed your mind?

Last edited:
Yet, you had this one in the win column for ND as you had little faith in USC's DEFENSE and if I remember correctly, particurlary its DL.

What's your analysis as to why ND lost given that you saw them as the better team. And I say this having read a number of your posts where you said that USC was still a year or two away from beating ND.

Presumably, you were SURPRISED at the outcome. Or had you somewhere along the way, changed your mind?
Nope, everything you said about my opinions is correct and I was surprised. Despite those facts I still think it was very kind of people to congratulate me. There is nothing wrong with courtesy among Rivals. It isn't weakness, it isn't a betrayal of your home team, it isn't an abandonment of hating the loss. All it is, is sportsmanship.

As to my requested analysis: I knew SC had a very good O-line, but I never dreamed it would dominate your D-line. I was very surprised that the D tried so many A-gap blitzes which played right into Caleb's abilty to create. I was also surprised how weak ND is at WR. This allowed us the somewhat limit the second-best player on the field, your TE. I was particularly surprised by Freeman's halftime statement (as least as quoted by the sideline reporter) that ND "had Caleb on the run" in the first half and needed to keep that up.

Despite all the things that I was wrong about it was a competitive game. ND may well be the better team, but your lines did not play as well as possible. Despite this, ND played hard to the final whistle and but for the turnovers may well have won.

I am very happy to be wrong and also happy that finally I believe SC will be competitive with ND in the future. It has been a while.

Last edited:
Nope, everything you said about my opinions is correct and I was surprised. Despite those facts I still think it was very kind of people to congratulate me. There is nothing wrong with courtesy among Rivals. It isn't weakness, it isn't a betrayal of your home team, it isn't an abandonment of hating the loss. All it is, is sportsmanship.

As to my requested analysis: I knew SC had a very good O-line, but I never dreamed it would dominate your D-line. I was very surprised that the D tried so many A-gap blitzes which played right into Caleb's abilty to create. I was also surprised how weak ND is at WR. This allowed us the somewhat limit the second-best player on the field, your TE. I was particularly surprised by Freeman's halftime statement (as least as quoted by the sideline reporter) that ND "had Caleb on the run" in the first half and needed to keep that up.

Despite all the things that I was wrong about it was a competitive game. ND may well be the better team, but your lines did not play as well as possible. Despite this, ND played hard to the final whistle and but for the turnovers may well have won.

I am very happy to be wrong and also happy that finally I believe SC will be competitive with ND in the future. It has been a while.
No problem with people congratulating you or with sporsmanship. As for courtesy, if anyone takes a DIRECT SHOT at me here, I place them on IGNORE. I have no time for THAT BS.

And I appreciate your comments on the game and largely agree with them.

But what I was most struck by in your earlier posts was how POOR you considered USC's DEFENSE. Whereas you just wrote about how poorly ND's defense played, how about the fact the USC's DL and LB's dominated ND's OL on running plays?

My hunch there is that USC's line is not as bad as YOUR POSTS HAD LED ME TO BELIEVE. And, so, that was the game's MAIN SHOCKER for me.

But as for you, it's sometimes better to WIN than be RIGHT. It's BETTER-LUCKY-THAN-RIGHT's first cousin.

As for the, game overall, it reminded me a lot of the 70 and 72 games where USC, playing at home, won 38-28 and 45-23, respectively. The 70 game cost ND the NC, while the 72 game cemented USC's #1 status. So, yes, two costly losses for ND.

Just as in those two games, what killed ND on Saturday is that it FELL BEHIND EARLY and COULD NOT COME BACK against a USC team with that much FIREPOWER. Not in the Colosseum. Again, same as in 70 and 72.

Last edited:

Hope that helps
Grumpy old man!

Grumpy old man!
Yeah, I’m probably grumpy because I’m dating a former San Diego Chargers cheerleader whose half my age minus 7. Yeah, that’ll make me grumpy ……… not !

How does it feel to be wrong all the time ?

I’ve never had that feeling so maybe you could explain it to us.

Having a battle of wits with you is no fun for me because there’s no challenge for me when I’m battling with an unarmed man.

You’re a jealous, resentful, miserable excuse for a man.

But keep taking your potshots at me because I enjoy returning fire.

• Haha
Reactions: NIN Irish
Yeah, I’m probably grumpy because I’m dating a former San Diego Chargers cheerleader whose half my age minus 7. Yeah, that’ll make me grumpy ……… not !

Having a battle of wits with you is no fun for me because there’s no challenge for me when I’m battling with an unarmed man.

Are you flexing at the board saying you're dating a former Chargers cheerleader?

No problem with people congratulating you or with sporsmanship. As for courtesy, if anyone takes a DIRECT SHOT at me here, I place them on IGNORE. I have no time for THAT BS.

And I appreciate your comments on the game and largely agree with them.

But what I was most struck by in your earlier posts was how POOR you considered USC's DEFENSE. Whereas you just wrote about how poorly ND's defense played, how about the fact the USC's DL and LB's dominated ND's OL on running plays?

My hunch there is that USC's line is not as bad as YOUR POSTS HAD LED ME TO BELIEVE. And, so, that was the game's MAIN SHOCKER for me.

But as for you, it's sometimes better to WIN than be RIGHT. It's BETTER-LUCKY-THAN-RIGHT's first cousin.

As for the, game overall, it reminded me a lot of the 70 and 72 games where USC, playing at home, won 38-28 and 45-23, respectively. The 70 game cost ND the NC, while the 72 game cemented USC's #1 status. So, yes, too costly losses for ND.

Just as in those two games, what killed ND on Saturday is that it FELL BEHIND EARLY and COULD NOT COME BACK against a USC team with that much FIREPOWER. Not in the Colosseum. Again, same as in 70 and 72.
I’m not sure that I agree with your assessment.

Two untimely turnovers probably took 10 or more points off the board and the TOP differential was the opposite of what it needed to be. That was reflective of ND’s anemic, if not inept running game, which remains a mystery.

it’s always difficult playing USC, especially in L.A.

I‘m still puzzled about ND’s failure to mount a robust running game.

A commentator, when discussing LSU said, they win the games they shouldn’t and lose the games they shouldn’t and I couldn’t help but think how that phrase might apply to ND.

Are you flexing at the board saying you're dating a former Chargers cheerleader?
Since IrishJohn voluntarily and with malice aforethought directed a negative post toward me about me being a “grumpy old man” I thought it appropriate to counter his claim.

”Grumpy” I’m not.
I wake up happy 363 days a year, and today is one of them, despite the fact that today is the funeral for one of my oldest and dearest friends.

So, to you and IrishJohn i say that living well is the best revenge !
So, **** off !

Since IrishJohn voluntarily and with malice aforethought directed a negative post toward me about me being a “grumpy old man” I thought it appropriate to counter his claim.

”Grumpy” I’m not.
I wake up happy 363 days a year, and today is one of them, despite the fact that today is the funeral for one of my oldest and dearest friends.

So, **** off !
I'm still really confused. I didn't know you were a man.

Reactions: Golson5

....Dinners with NFL team owners and dating former cheerleaders......again, no one believes you.....

Pics

”Grumpy” I’m not.

So, **** off !
If the shoe fits!

This seems about right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT