ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats on 22,000

continuallyirish

Rockne's Water Boy
Dec 5, 2014
Congrats on 22,000 posts big guy --I pasted one of your top 5 for the week -- see below

In lieu of the Sanford hiring I thought this post would resonate w some

Re: Jeff Quinn to Notre Dame[/URL]perseverare posted on 2/7/2015...

sorry, not a Quinn fan here.

Tony was inherited and Cooks was established in Texas. Kelly has not emphasized recruiting in his kob resumes because he relied on those 2 guys.
I do not ecpect Kelly to be able to attract high profile recruiters; there seems to be a dtigma developing
- not a good one. These two cosches had the respect of fellow cosches. If a huge sum of cash was suddenly to appear then that alone might work - that is less likely than Kelly puliing a rabbit out of the magical hat he doesn't have.

Can't wait till we here the back stories here.

BTW: which 2 position coaches left? which 2 positions struggles till the 11th hour? lart year D struggles and the DC left.

Who is driving this bus? Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock?

continuallyirish posted on 2/14/2015...

Congrats on 22,000 posts big guy --I pasted one of your top 5 for the week -- see below

In lieu of the Sanford hiring I thought this post would resonate w some

Re: Jeff Quinn to Notre Dame[/URL]perseverare posted on 2/7/2015...

sorry, not a Quinn fan here.

Tony was inherited and Cooks was established in Texas. Kelly has not emphasized recruiting in his kob resumes because he relied on those 2 guys.
I do not ecpect Kelly to be able to attract high profile recruiters; there seems to be a dtigma developing
- not a good one. These two cosches had the respect of fellow cosches. If a huge sum of cash was suddenly to appear then that alone might work - that is less likely than Kelly puliing a rabbit out of the magical hat he doesn't have.

Can't wait till we here the back stories here.

BTW: which 2 position coaches left? which 2 positions struggles till the 11th hour? lart year D struggles and the DC left.

Who is driving this bus? Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock?

continuallyirish

When do you think this fool is going to hit 30,000 I say by the end of March

3254869.jpg

Reactions: rogue booster
that's because 1 ID.

unlike you guys that have more ID's than I do posts.

Mokpra: you proud of that post? How do you think it reflects on you?

The other guy is motivated by unfortunate circumstance. bad parenting.

This post was edited on 2/15 8:39 AM by perseverare

You have some real issues there mr. continual, you've become obsessed to the point of lunacy. I'm sure you don't see it that way but it's become fairly obvious. take a deep breath man and relax, let it go. as for the amount of posts I too believe this isn't the only handle you post under. In fact I find it somewhat ironic that every post you write is always followed by usual posters. At any rate, this back and forth is getting old bud.

19000 were used to sent ohstenchatives to the cornfield. (this is imo, 3 persons posting under these ID 's)

Sal and everyone else

LET ME TELL YOU BOUT BODI

one night he was the target of ohsensitivecontinuall's wrath and I saw that and jumped in to defend and deflect the attack on Bodi;
Bodi then tells continually 'hey your atrack is meant for perse leave me alone'; hows that for character! imagine that!

what a guy! now he is so intimidated by Continually he kisses his butt to cower to him! that really is the story! we now have a new candidate for the "chicken" nickname!

and think bout it, their contibutions to the board are about equal= nill!

as to the 'triumvirate' (jmo) : just bad upbringing; parenting issues there.

This post was edited on 2/15 8:38 AM by perseverare

Reactions: artemis gordon
I find it hilarious that anyone can be intimidated on an anonymous message board. I find it hilarious that a poster can preach board etiquette in another thread then go ahead and post like a third grader with all the insults and name calling. I find it hilarious that many times this board is like a bunch of old women. If the 10% of you that have 99% of all the issues were ever in the White Lot together on a tailgate Saturday morning, non of you would ever talk to each other this way. It's embarrassing to know that visitors from other programs come here and see this stuff, then assign all this infantile nonsense to all Irish fans. Nothing will ever change. The mods threatened a lot, but did very little to crush these idiotic attacks. Trying to be a bully on an anonymous free message board should not earn you a ton of respect IMO.

jack:

there is not a single poster on this site that can "honestly" say I initiated any degree of personal attack, insult or vulgarity.
Not 1. I start off with respect.

But if I am attacked, there is no immunity due; it is the counter that seems to be criticized. Seems the profane want to have it one sided!

I defy anyone to post respectfully and test my response. Including you. Seems you feel your opinion on the topic is very important and somehow edifies the board behavior or etiquette. It seems you feel my insistence on polite courteous posting is a threat and when a poster violated thee rules the reporting it was the impropriety in your eyes! fubar.

Try poster with consideration and respect; see what happens!

I have and have had many posters here with whom I have very sound posting relationships; mutual respect. Can you say the same?

Perse...just a suggestion...maybe message boards are not the best hobby. You spend each day and all day on this thing. Knowing you read other boards as well there can't be much time left in a day to catch a handful of hours of sleep. You are in too deep. Lots of things in life left to do. Good luck.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Reactions: Bodizephax
Originally posted by perseverare:

jack:

there is not a single poster on this site that can "honestly" say I initiated any degree of personal attack, insult or vulgarity.

But if I am attacked, there is no immunity due; it is the counter that seems to be criticized. Seems the profane want to have it one sided!

I defy anyone to post respectfully and test my response. Including you. Seems you feel your opinion on the topic is very important and somehow edifies the board behavior or etiquette. It seems you feel my insistence on polite courteous posting is a threat and when a poster violated thee rules the reporting it was the impropriety in your eyes! fubar.

I have and have had many posters here with whom I have very sound posting relationships; mutual respect. Can you say the same?
you do not use vulgarity. the rest is open for debate

Reactions: Bodizephax
you are very much over estimating the time I spend posting in terms of time effort; I generally have 3-4 pc's and my I devices on line for various personal purpose (biz) - I use a tinkered old Linux pc that is on this site next to me; I see what is on like the stock market I am watching: real time.

How hard is it to make a post for you guys? is it that much effort? really? we are not typing term papers here!

What I spend my time on is none of anyone's biz; but a good guess is "grandkids!"

Originally posted by irish jack:

I find it hilarious that anyone can be intimidated on an anonymous message board. I find it hilarious that a poster can preach board etiquette in another thread then go ahead and post like a third grader with all the insults and name calling. I find it hilarious that many times this board is like a bunch of old women. If the 10% of you that have 99% of all the issues were ever in the White Lot together on a tailgate Saturday morning, non of you would ever talk to each other this way. It's embarrassing to know that visitors from other programs come here and see this stuff, then assign all this infantile nonsense to all Irish fans. Nothing will ever change. The mods threatened a lot, but did very little to crush these idiotic attacks. Trying to be a bully on an anonymous free message board should not earn you a ton of respect IMO.
Jack -

I have been following ND football for 50 yrs , I came on to this site to follow recruiting and read some comments by posters then I ran into this guy who feels he has the right to dump all over the coach and the program as often as he likes . OK fine -- then if he feels he has the right to level whatever disparaging remark he likes on Kelly then obviously I have the right to dump on him - seems fair to me

After the Louisville game played w-o half our defese he made this comment " The only differance between Kelly and Weis is 120 lbs "

If that is acceptable verbage for the this board then to me its open season . I thinks its time to cut through all the PC nonsense and call it like it is .This is a very sick individual who for some twisted reason has found a home on this message board --that's ok but he should have the decency to mind his manners .

Kelly has broken his ass to put this program back together again -- I had the utter joy of walking through a portal and hearing the PA guy introduce our marching band before the National Championship Game in Miami two yrs ago .Thats right Notre Dame played for the National Championship two yrs ago . I thank Brian Kelly for that wonderful ride in 2012 . If somebody wants to call the guy names and constantly attack him I consider that offensive and I will have my say when that occurs - which for this idiot in question is once an hour --
I love ND football I despise what this sick bastard has done to the quality of this forum .

We are called The Fighting Irish for a reason -- open season on those that take pot shots at this marvelous program .

ND football has been a gift in my life , if you want to take pot shots at the coaches and team I'll take mine too.

Fair is fair -

This post was edited on 2/15 12:21 PM by continuallyirish

Reactions: Weisnheimer
It's a question of quantity vs. quality. Unfortunately, Pers, there is much to much of the former and much to little of the latter. I will give you credit, however, in that sometimes you really do have something of value to add to a thread.

Duck
...i would much prefer to read the posts by the posters with inside info or who do research; but many of the past months energy is focused on what i think is an ulterior motive by some to usurp the purpose of the board. That is just wrong. Perhaps i give the real ND fans to much credit in thinking they have no taste for that happening. I am kinda surprised by the reluctance to identify and resist it.

example: Bodi; continually took his lunch money one night and made him his (her) bit#% ! now he(they) own Bodi.

^^^ "took lunch money".

LOL! That's a classic one by Pers. And there may be some truth to it.

jack:

I was not talking about in you particular. I was talking in general terms and those posters know who they are. As a long time poster I do in fact have an opinion about the content of this board. It's embarrassing at times. I have been attacked myself but I let it go because it is nothing more than a free anonymous message board. If any of these attackers would tailgate with me they would find that I am a very humorous generous Christian diehard ND fan. I do believe that is the case for most posters that are bickering. I'm not looking for a group hug but I am looking for a little civility, especially when other fans are looking on.

Pers, I agree that there are a lot of bad posters but that is why they have an "ignore" button. Don't respond to the trolls. Just ignore them, they will eventually go away when they can't get a rise out of people.

Duck ^ agree: the best advice, I guess. The only quirk is posters using the quote function.
But yes your correct.

jack:

I certainly posted respectfully. my comment pertained to content.

Not judging, to each his or her own. 22,000 posts is 10 a day - every day - for 6 years. Wow.....

If not judging then why the "wow". Also, if you think about it I'm sure there's many time one will post tons, after e big loss or even win.Not judging, then why take time to do the math if not to make that point? But to each his own right? .

I originally started reading this board several years ago to gain information about the Irish. Over the years, this board has been both informative and entertaining. Even the threads like this one. It has nothing to do with the Irish, but it is more like a big family arguing. Sometimes I would like to send you all to your rooms, but then I wouldn't be able to read the entertaining snipping back and forth. So, carry on guys! I enjoy the adolescent discussions about who insults first and who posts too many times or posts under various names etc. So, thank you all for both the information AND the entertainment!! Now let's just hope the Irish quit turning the ball over, reduce the injuries, and the coaching staff can develop the players on the team. Go Irish!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT