ADVERTISEMENT

Conference title games should mean nothing!!! They were created simply for money

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
Now that there is a playoff system, conference title games should mean nothing but bragging rights.

The only reason why the were added was so conferences could generate more money playing at a large neutral field.

Similar to how college basketball is.

Now that there is a playoff system, conference title games should mean nothing but bragging rights.

The only reason why the were added was so conferences could generate more money playing at a large neutral field.

Similar to how college basketball is.[/QUOTE

shocking! really, $ ?

Utterly unrealstic.

While I agree on the money part I don't think it's always useless. Take next week for example... OSU/UM vs. Northwestern. Do we really need to see that game to determine conference champ? Don't think so. However, u got Bama vs. UGA next week which I think is a legit conference championship game.

Are you serious? We’re very fortunate we don’t have to play in one and apparently don’t get penalized for it. It’s inevitable that it will be a difficult game plus the risk of injury to star players and one more game of wear and tear. Try telling the guys who play in these games that it shouldn’t count. Being a totally objective ND fan, it’s a big advantage for us. And of course it’s about money just like Jack’s decisions are all about $. If we want to level the playing field either eliminate conference championship s. or everyone plays in a conference.

Bama Georgia should play in the regular season. Instead of paying The Citadel half a mil. play the dogs.

Who ever wins the Mich vs OSU game today should be the B10 champs. Michigan already beat NW. Why play them again for the conference?

No reason for a conference post game when there is now a true post season in college football.

The conference championship games should be excluded as factors to determine playoff teams.

ND fans want only losses to weigh in ND’s favor. My comment was to approach the same level of absurdity.

Makes the regular season almost meaningless.

Well, if the decision is between a team that does not play in a CCG and one that did but lost a tough close contest, then the CCG should not be factored into the decision.

Which is dumber?

- playing a team that drew an easy cross-division schedule?

- giving a rematch to the team you already beat?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT