ADVERTISEMENT

Chase..?

Stu…I had the same reaction when I read the post. WTF? Yep, ND grad, basketball player, professor at USC; and without question, a big ND fan, and loooong time poster here! Then I read the take that the post was meant to expose Chase…the intended recipient of your OP. Should be a lesson here somewhere: perhaps posting to Chase is not a great idea.
You said it, my friend. Thanks! Great win Saturday, so proud of the Irish.

That's the great thing about ND fans---when we lose, we suck. When we win, the opponent sucks. Never give ND credit for anything.
You don’t find it odd that many of the same posters who say the SEC sucks and is overrated are the same ones hyping ND’s victory over a a middle of the road SEC team?

I’m happy they won, but they should have won if they are the 7th best team according to the polls. Let’s tap the breaks and see if they can actually finish in the top 12 AND WIN A MAJOR BOWL. Time will tell.

Here, i'll tell you:

Year | Final F+ ranking:

2021: #8
2022: #39
2023: #18
2024: #14 (SP+ projection)

Altogether you are looking at a pretty averagish top 25 team, not too far off from where ND currently stands.
Oh so we beat their 14th ranked team by 10 at their place. 2nd best win of the weekend

Thanks that looks even better of a win than before

Ranked #20 coming into the season. One of the top five in '24. I'll take that.
It was a very good win Saturday night.

That said, spin it any way you wish, TAM is not a top SEC team.

WTF are you talking about! I've been on this site since before you were born. Ask Telx and the other long-time posters. I'm an ND Grad who played basketball against Dantley and Montana.

I like to kid Chase. I disagree with a lot of what he says, but I get that he loves and has been frustrated with the Irish -- I was at our last two National Championship games -- Yes both Arizona and Texas -- and I share his frustration.

I'm just a more glass half-full kinda guy. But I welcome our back and forth about recruiting -- even if it gets frustrating at times./.

I am also a member on 247 and I get thumbs up all over the place there.... so I don't get this at all.

Sorry you felt you had to block me.

Gotta tell my buddies on the site: Flew from LA this weekend and I officiated my nephew's wedding on LBI in Jersey -- and the Dance Floor went nuts with Julian ran that one in.. Right during "Mr. Brightside!"

Go Irish.
I was referring to chaseball. Sorry I was unclear.

No I said Deion Sanders was a good coach and I predicted a bowl game in year 1 (i was off by -2 wins). Despite the Colorado/coach prime hate here on this board, he improved the team by 3 wins, and should have Colorado in a bowl game in 2024.

A lot of what people attribute to me is just incorrect.

My most controversial takes heading into 2024 and I stand by every single one of them today:

1. Riley isn't any better than the previous 4 QBs who started here (coan, pyne, hartman, book)
2. Notre dame is entirely outclassed by the tier 1 in college football
3. The talent/roster is lacking star impact players and ultimately lacking the kind of upside needed to win a national title.
4. The offensive skill players (namely the WRs, QBs, RBs) aren't good enough at Notre Dame and Notre Dame has failed miserably to address this over a number of years now.
5. the ACC is garbage (especially the bottom half) and NDs 5-game requirement vs the teams in that conference is eroding the schedule and the ND football brand.

I thought ND would beat Texas A&M in a 1 possession type of game in week 1 2024 and the game was tied at 13 with 6 mins left in the 4th quarter. ND did what they were supposed to do, beat a lesser ranked team by a possession or two. But based on fan reaction you would think ND went into Tuscaloosa and blew the doors off of prime Saban/Alabama this past weekend.

Let's hear from you Sunday after Deion loses to Nebraska

You don’t find it odd that many of the same posters who say the SEC sucks and is overrated are the same ones hyping ND’s victory over a a middle of the road SEC team?

I’m happy they won, but they should have won if they are the 7th best team according to the polls. Let’s tap the breaks and see if they can actually finish in the top 12 AND WIN A MAJOR BOWL. Time will tell.

I'm not necessarily singling you out, but it is common for fans on this board to trash the opponent after ND beats that team. Chaseball is a champion at doing this.
As for beating A&M, they were ranked #20 going into the game.
FYI, now that the playoffs are here, the concept of a "major bowl" is an anachronism.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Here, i'll tell you:

Year | Final F+ ranking:

2021: #8
2022: #39
2023: #18
2024: #14 (SP+ projection)

Altogether you are looking at a pretty averagish top 25 team, not too far off from where ND currently stands.
Jimbo fisher was a crappy coach, hence why he got fired. That team underperformed due to coaching. The F+ numbers don't mean crap.

Again they beat #1 Alabama and #6 LSU, both of whom were heavily favored by your F+ SP+ models. you are a complete fool. You're an idiot, a loser. Go root for Georgia, since you think they are so great.

Reactions: BGI User 756
I'm not necessarily singling you out, but it is common for fans on this board to trash the opponent after ND beats that team. Chaseball is a champion at doing this.
As for beating A&M, they were ranked #20 going into the game.
FYI, now that the playoffs are here, the concept of a "major bowl" is an anachronism.
Yes, Chase can be over the top. At some point, ND needs to win a Cotton Bowl, Orange Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, etc…
Honest question….would a playoff victory at home (assuming they finish top 8) but then a loss at one of the major bowls be a “successful” season in year 3 for Coach Freeman? I’m not so sure.

Yes, Chase can be over the top. At some point, ND needs to win a Cotton Bowl, Orange Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, etc…
Honest question….would a playoff victory at home (assuming they finish top 8) but then a loss at one of the major bowls be a “successful” season in year 3 for Coach Freeman? I’m not so sure.
ok Chase. whatever you say.

Hate it break it to you…but I’m not him. Happy for the win, but A&M is a middle of the pack SEC team. ND fans should expect to win if we all believe this is a playoff contending team by year end. Over the last 8 years, 13 OTHER teams were able to win at Kyle field. Why was this a surprise for many and what does this say about expectations?
Because you, under your other handle, said it was a tough place to play.

Tell me, why did you choose 8 years? Because they were 20-5 at home the last 4 years. Including beating Bama, LSU and other SEC blue bloods

Reactions: NDinNJ
Attaboy Chass. start to dampen a playoff win

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT