ADVERTISEMENT

CBS EXPERT PICKS

Notre Dame is massive underdogs according to:
Their entire fan base
Our entire fan base
Vegas
And Georgia got picked by every CFB analyst at CBS

This just makes me want this win even more. Can't wait for saturday.

Notre Dame is massive underdogs according to:
Their entire fan base
Our entire fan base
Vegas
And Georgia got picked by every CFB analyst at CBS

This just makes me want this win even more. Can't wait for saturday.

Bodi picked ND!

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
they didn't just all pick UGA, they all picked the spread as well Zero respect

Can’t blame them. The name and helmet are the only thing keeping this spread under 20.

They showed us who they are through 2 weeks. Believe them.

They are a team that can’t run or stop the run.

The quarterback can not handle pressure or throw deep with accuracy.

No elite playmakers who can create.

It’s going to be ugly this weekend.

Can’t blame them. The name and helmet are the only thing keeping this spread under 20.

I don't disagree with much of this .. but any complaint of ian books performance who has almost single handedly carried the offense through the first 2 games is terribly misguided.

He's top 5 in the league in all of the major passing categories (AY/A, PER, etc.) while leading the team in rushing right now and this is with all of the injuries to the two deep on offense.

Book is just a really underrated understated player who doesn't have traditional pocket passer skills and isn't a 6'5 super mutant like trevor lawrence. And because he's white, his outstanding agility/foot speed/quickness (and general athleticism) is underrated as well.

Anytime a play isn't executed properly, despite there being 10+ other players on offense, it's all ian books fault. :rolleyes:

It's crazy the disconnect between ian book's productivity/value to this program and the continued lack of respect this player gets from this fan base.

When ND gets ran over vs Georgia it will ALL be ian book's fault despite there being 10 other outmatched players on that side of the ball.

But the best player on offense, and arguably the best player on the team through the first 2 weeks of the season is going to be the program's scapegoat. I can already read the tea leaves.

Last edited:
I’ve got a newsflash for you youngsters that haven’t been following Norte Dame football for too long: it’s been a long time since ND beat a high ranked opponent. 2005 to be exact. So who here is surprised? I’m honestly surprised the spread isn’t more.

I don't disagree with much of this .. but any complaint of ian books performance who has almost single handedly carried the offense through the first 2 games is terribly misguided.

He's top 5 in the league in all of the major passing categories (AY/A, PER, etc.) while leading the team in rushing right now and this is with all of the injuries to the two deep on offense.

Book is just a really underrated understated player who doesn't have traditional pocket passer skills and isn't a 6'5 super mutant like trevor lawrence. And because he's white, his outstanding agility/foot speed/quickness (and general athleticism) is underrated as well.

Anytime a play isn't executed properly, despite there being 10+ other players on offense, it's all ian books fault. :rolleyes:

It's crazy the disconnect between ian book's productivity/value to this program and the continued lack of respect this player gets from this fan base.

When ND gets ran over vs Georgia it will ALL be ian book's fault despite there being 10 other outmatched players on that side of the ball.

But the best player on offense, and arguably the best player on the team through the first 2 weeks of the season is going to be the program's scapegoat. I can already read the tea leaves.

No discredit to Ian’s performance thus far. As you stated it has been far from one of the issues so far.

The thing is we have seen who he is now after an off-season, and that is not a guy who is likely to be able to carry his team through competition like is coming this week. I have trouble seeing Ian even being that guy who can make it a game honestly. They will confuse him, make him hesitant with their speed, then flush him.

It’s hard to find a reason based on anything we have seen so far to think this isn’t going to be another deposit in the brand embarrassment account.

Hope they have held something back that makes me wrong, but I doubt it.

Can’t wait to see him get drafted before all our other offensive players

play for play: Hamilton has been the best and most productive player
he needs more PT!

“I don't disagree with much of this .. but any complaint of ian books performance who has almost single handedly carried the offense through the first 2 games is terribly misguided.

But the best player on offense, and arguably the best player on the team through the first 2 weeks of the season is going to be the program's scapegoat. I can already read the tea leaves.”

Disagree w/ you often, chase, but this is an excellent post. ^^^^^

Reactions: IrishMike409
Help! Has Rivals added a video clip box to your page? Do you know anyway to remove this unwanted addition?

Did you guys expect anything less from CBS? They carry the SEC games. Use your heads for something besides a hat rack. It's no different than back in 1988 Miami vs ND. Brent the mouth was rooting openly for Miami the whole game. He ended the telecast with," and folks that's why they play the game." You have to earn respect. ND needs to kick some GA butt Saturday night and show them and many in our own fan base. Go Irish and smack them in the mouth.

Did you guys expect anything less from CBS? They carry the SEC games. Use your heads for something besides a hat rack. It's no different than back in 1988 Miami vs ND. Brent the mouth was rooting openly for Miami the whole game. He ended the telecast with," and folks that's why they play the game." You have to earn respect. ND needs to kick some GA butt Saturday night and show them and many in our own fan base. Go Irish and smack them in the mouth.

A lot of the UGA OL look like they had way tooo many flapjacks for breakfast!
I am surprised they can stand up.

The UGA LB’s arm look like Ramen noodles!

The DB look like they wear cement shoes!

The RB’s would not even be the 1st ones to the table at a K-Mart blue light special!

I'm glad they've got the video problem fixed since yesterday. Settings back on 110% and I'm good to go again.:):):)

There are 3 games of high significance to the IRISH this weekend.

Obviously the UGA game
Wisc. vs Michigan (a UM loss impacts the ND game and SOS)
and
Utah vs USC (a one-sided SC loss may be the end of ND’s best friend at SC in decades)

a busy and interesting college football weekend.

I did a little digging today and discovered from 2000 until today ND has played 75 top 25 opponents at the time of the game. From 2000 through 2009 ND went 14-25 .359 and in the BK era 36 opponents 18-18 .500. Since 2017 BK has gone 7-4 .631 in those match ups. I sometimes don't think the fans or even the media realize just how close ND came to going over the edge after Lou was forced out. Thank you Father Jenkins for caring about football at ND; Jack for your leadership, and Coach Kelly for coming to ND in 2010. The time of talk has ended; it's time for the game. Good luck tomorrow night Lads. Win one for BK.

Sometimes you just got to believe when the odds are stacked against you. Wisconsin 1964 and Miami 1988. Go Irish and beat Georgia.

It's like Lou said many times, you've got to believe in the ND Spirit.

Last edited:
Reactions: BodiTheGreat

Hey look Troll sighting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT