ADVERTISEMENT

Can we stop with all the name calling on this board?

Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
Look, I have tough skin, but the name calling because my opinion is not yours needs to stop. Let's keep it football guys. If you don't like something or agree with something I post, that's fine. However, calling me a tool is totally uncalled for. I am as much as an ND fan as anyone on this board. If I feel Kelly is not the guy that will bring a championship, this board is a place I can voice that opinion.

Transference of anger. I've seen it diagnosed a thousand times on TV crime shows. That alone makes me an expert. They are really mad at BK and the players but you are conveniently available to take the brunt of their anger.

Transference of anger. I've seen it diagnosed a thousand times on TV crime shows. That alone makes me an expert. They are really mad at BK and the players but you are conveniently available to take the brunt of their anger.
Toby

You can get a job as a talk show shrink

Go for it

Look, I have tough skin, but the name calling because my opinion is not yours needs to stop. Let's keep it football guys. If you don't like something or agree with something I post, that's fine. However, calling me a tool is totally uncalled for. I am as much as an ND fan as anyone on this board. If I feel Kelly is not the guy that will bring a championship, this board is a place I can voice that opinion.
It's what they do. The BK apologists here offer no contributions in any positive and professional manner.
They'll say idiot, tool, moron, ..or ha Ha im glad you're not swarbrick.

Yet they do not offer up any arguments to their point of why they feel BK should stay opposing your opinion of him going.

They'll just blurt things out like the above example in such immature ways.

Oh well...

Reactions: Howard Hall 74
Did you predict a blowout?

Yes, predicted a blowout. Miami is no where near the team that crushed ND. They beat a NC team by less than a TD. But what was I thinking, picking a Kelly coached team to win that game?

I consider you more of an ND fan, one with high expecations that aren't linked to some bias ... there are a lot of unknowledgable fans as well .... usually the mud slingers ..... such is the case with every fan base ... those guys aren't going anywhere..... thay have nothing else to do .... literally

Yes ,,,, they call you stupid ..... then run off without trying to offer a rebuttal ..... they can't

I agree that name calling is uncalled for. I'm curious, however, about how many versions of a "Kelly sucks ass" thread we need to have going. You pretty much started two of those by 10 am., and there are others. (Actually, looking through your "start your list of coaches" thread, I may not be fair in my characterization). Does every negative twist on why Kelly isn't right for the job need its own thread?

Maybe its just me, but this board was a miserable place to visit for most of last season and the off-season. I'm not saying at all that you were the reason, but I it seems like there are some around here that prefer that atmosphere and it can wear on people. Plus, we have a bunch of people on both "sides" that tolerate differences of opinion poorly to begin with.

Last edited:
I agree that name calling is uncalled for. I'm curious, however, about how many versions of a "Kelly sucks ass" thread we need to have going. You pretty much started two of those by 10 am., and there are others. (Actually, looking through your "start your list of coaches" thread, I may not be fair in my characterization). Does every negative twist on why Kelly isn't right for the job need its own thread?

Maybe its just me, but this board was a miserable place to visit for most of last season and the off-season. I'm not saying at all that you were the reason, but I it seems like there are some around here that prefer that atmosphere and it can wear on people. Plus, we have a bunch of people on both "sides" that tolerate differences of opinion poorly to begin with.
Yes, I am 100% in favor of a coaching change. Yes, I make multiple posts stating that. The beauty of this board is you have options. Option 1. Do not click on the post if you don't like the title. Option 2. Put a poster on block if you are sick of his post.

Reactions: NDlb46 and jaypay23
Yes, I am 100% in favor of a coaching change. Yes, I make multiple posts stating that. The beauty of this board is you have options. Option 1. Do not click on the post if you don't like the title. Option 2. Put a poster on block if you are sick of his post.

You're over reacting to my post. I'm not criticizing what you post as far as whether its pro or anti Kelly. I even think your "Start your list" thread has a place for genuine discussion (and edited my post a couple hours ago to acknowledge that maybe I had unfairly clumped your posts together). And you're right, its easy enough to avoid a single thread. But collectively, redundant threads created by various posters push other unrelated threads down and it affects the tone and conduct of the board. There were time last year where the board was practically unreadable.

You created this thread to address board tone and conduct you would like to see change - ie. refraining from name calling and providing more mature response to differing opinions. At least that's why I believe that's why you created it. Otherwise, as you stated, you could easily have simply put the name calling posters on ignore. That's the beauty of this board. Instead, you chose to address this issue collectively. I think that was a fair approach and agree that we shouldn't treat each other like crap when we disagree with each other. Generally - and to clarify - AND TO CLARIFY - I'm not directing this at you specifically, but I think a more mature approach to how we respond to adversity and how we choose use this board would be a positive change. I thought your post seemed like a good place to have that sort of dialog.

There are plenty of exceptions, but too often we have guys that want everyone respecting their opinions and have little interest in or respect for the opinions of others. That's too bad.

Though I don't repeatedly post it, I've shared several times since the end of last that I'd be happy to replace Kelly with an actual upgrade. For me its just been a matter of timing and having the program in an attractive position for a seasoned and quality coach. So whether somebody wants to dump Kelly really doesn't bother me. That wasn't what my response was about.

Last edited:
Reactions: NDlb46
Let's just have a respectful debate if you will, about coach Kelly. I don't need to be called names, just because I think Kelly has been given almost a decade to win a championship. Kelly has peaked, we have seen him at his best.

He
It's what they do. The BK apologists here offer no contributions in any positive and professional manner.
They'll say idiot, tool, moron, ..or ha Ha im glad you're not swarbrick.

Yet they do not offer up any arguments to their point of why they feel BK should stay opposing your opinion of him going.

They'll just blurt things out like the above example in such immature ways.

Oh well...

Here is why I think BK should stay..... Who else is going to do a better job? I hated Saturday just as much as anyone.... but we have been in the conversation 2/3 years..... now, I think we should have higher standards than just being in the conversation but I also do not think we can can a guy who has completed such a drastic improvement from last years debacle of a year. Now, if Urban came out and said he wanted to come to South Bend, I would be fine with that.... I just don't want to get rid of a proven coach for some up and comer .....

He

Here is why I think BK should stay..... Who else is going to do a better job? I hated Saturday just as much as anyone.... but we have been in the conversation 2/3 years..... now, I think we should have higher standards than just being in the conversation but I also do not think we can can a guy who has completed such a drastic improvement from last years debacle of a year. Now, if Urban came out and said he wanted to come to South Bend, I would be fine with that.... I just don't want to get rid of a proven coach for some up and comer .....
We don't know what the future holds that's for sure. That's one way to look at it.

Being in business it's full of risks. What I know that works well vs. change happens all the time.

Now if I want to improve things I'm taking a risk. Sometimes the risk is larger than others but standing pat only guarantees...standing pat.
That may be good enough though and only you can determine such.

Me on the other hand after 8 years trial and error I'm willing to test the waters. I've made the determination that the current situation will only get us to a point. That point might be satisfying to some but to me I would like to reach a little higher.

You're right though we might get a dud and be worse off than at present but then again we might find that gem of diamond in the rough.

Coming off the faust era did anyone think Holtz would come in and do what he did? I didn't.
From 88-93 we set the bar in college football. We were the present day Bama or Clemson.

Nobody would have predicted that but if we don't try the only thing guaranteed is not reaching the elite.

We don't know what the future holds that's for sure. That's one way to look at it.

Being in business it's full of risks. What I know that works well vs. change happens all the time.

Now if I want to improve things I'm taking a risk. Sometimes the risk is larger than others but standing pat only guarantees...standing pat.
That may be good enough though and only you can determine such.

Me on the other hand after 8 years trial and error I'm willing to test the waters. I've made the determination that the current situation will only get us to a point. That point might be satisfying to some but to me I would like to reach a little higher.

You're right though we might get a dud and be worse off than at present but then again we might find that gem of diamond in the rough.

Coming off the faust era did anyone think Holtz would come in and do what he did? I didn't.
From 88-93 we set the bar in college football. We were the present day Bama or Clemson.

Nobody would have predicted that but if we don't try the only thing guaranteed is not reaching the elite.
That is where we disagree. I understand the risk is worth taking to you.... to me, after watching Davie, Willingham, and Weis.....I am happy with BK as long as we remain competitive and have no more horrible years like last year. I really think he is onto something with a power run game and solid defense and I think he deserves a few more years because of it.

That is where we disagree. I understand the risk is worth taking to you.... to me, after watching Davie, Willingham, and Weis.....I am happy with BK as long as we remain competitive and have no more horrible years like last year. I really think he is onto something with a power run game and solid defense and I think he deserves a few more years because of it.
Speaking of that power run game....in my opinion that term power run game needs to be replaced by the term finesse run game.

We aren't lining up with a full back or H back. We ran one play the other night with the one tight end lining up at fullback. It was the fourth down play that Adams second effort got him the first.

Anyways the majority of our running plays are lateral runs. Nearly all to be exact.

The true power running teams go north and south between the tackles. Almost between the guards if you will.

Urban Meyer....he loves the spread. One of the people who made the spread famous.

Even in that formation though he runs the majority of his running plays straight north and south.
Seldom will they run lateral plays no matter the RB or even the QB.

You just don't have the time against a really good defense for a long developing play. You run straight at them.

Adams is having a great year....abd we beat up on the second tier talented teams...
Two elite defensive lines we've faced this year, Georgia, Miami, ...we did exactly nothing in the run game.

Running against those teams is the ultimate goal but we won't get there running laterally.

Bama..straight ahead running.
Ohio State..straight ahead running.
Clemson.. Straight ahead running.

Those teams run north and south with a few east west runs mixed in.

We run east west with a few north south runs mixed in.

I would add that, since last year's dumpster fire has been extinguished, we are in a position to manage the risk of poor hire and prepare for a smart transition. A name left off your list was George O'Leary. I've always hated when rivals bring his name up as a coach we've gone through, but it makes wonder about what really goes on in the hiring process at Notre Dame.

IMO, part of managing the risk should recognize that Kelly has been at ND for a long time and could choose to leave for another gig because he finds himself ready for a change. I think the smart thing would be to have both a short list and long list of potential coaches. If Kelly doesn't show up to work Monday, you work off the short list. If he sticks around, and isn't mailing in recruiting, then you work on the long list. If at any point the ideal candidate pops up, pull the trigger.

That's just where I'm at.

Reactions: nemeth#5
Another fake fan posting on other team message boards. Get a life you loser. You must have zero of any form of a life. You post on other fans message boards just to see how long your thread will go. You are worthless!
give me a break.

The OP is a snowflake. He predicts a blowout and then wants the coach fired. He has the emotional intelligence of a 6 year old. The Irish are having a great season.
Grow Up.

Pennick: You gonna me a 6 year old? You are the one calling names.
I am a grown man with a family. I love ND football. I invest financially with my support for ND.

Let's just have a respectful debate if you will, about coach Kelly. I don't need to be called names, just because I think Kelly has been given almost a decade to win a championship. Kelly has peaked, we have seen him at his best.
I think its better than it used to be. Name calling makes no sense .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT