ADVERTISEMENT

Buchner sadly is toast

Ara inherited Huarte
How convenient of you to forget about Bonvechio, Zloch, Schoen, O’Brian, Belden, O’Malley, Etter, Gores, Steenberge, Brown, Bulger, Allocco, Slager, Forystek, all QB’s in the era of Ara.

Lou inherited Buerlein
How convenient of you to not list Andrysiak, Belles, Byrne, Kent Graham, Pete Graham, Ebert, Hawkins, Johnson, Faillia, Poorman, Krug, Ornstein, Perona, Jackson, all QB’s under Lou.

My criticism of Kelly was that he liked and recruited QB’s who were runners rather than passers
You fail. Fail. All those names you list. Maybe a total of 6 games were started by one or two of them. Since you all so full of crap, Huarte was not inherited by Ara. Ara made him a QB. Ara n Lou got the most out of their players. They developed them. They brought new ones in. Essentially you are saying that the names I listed is an incomplete list and that they were not anything special. You are wrong on both counts. It’s a complete list of every qb that started for these 2 coaches except for Andrysak and one other game. You obviously like to joust and call people out on facts

This time you tried so hard to defend your point it’s comical and it’s wrong. Everyone makes mistakes. You would have more cred if you owned up instead of manufacturing bs

You fail. Fail. All those names you list. Maybe a total of 6 games were started by one or two of them. Since you all so full of crap, Huarte was not inherited by Ara. Ara made him a QB. Ara n Lou got the most out of their players. They developed them. They brought new ones in. Essentially you are saying that the names I listed is an incomplete list and that they were not anything special. You are wrong on both counts. It’s a complete list of every qb that started for these 2 coaches except for Andrysak and one other game. You obviously like to joust and call people out on facts

This time you tried so hard to defend your point it’s comical and it’s wrong. Everyone makes mistakes. You would have more cred if you owned up instead of manufacturing bs
You’re clueless, Ara didn’t develop Huarte, he inherited him from Kuharich/Devore.

Every one of those names I listed were never developed by Ara and Lou into outstanding QB’s.

I didn’t manufacture anything, everyone of those QB’s were QB’s under Ara and Lou.
And everyone of them were never developed into outstanding QB’s by Ara and Lou.
Why do you think that Ara and Lou failed to develop those QB’s ?

You’re clueless !

It’s a shame you dropped out of high school, or was it grade school? It really is. Life’s to short to be as dumb as you!
Let’s see, I entered Notre Dame as a chemical engineering major, how about you ?

And I graduated in four years, how about you ?

You’re clueless, Ara didn’t develop Huarte, he inherited him from Kuharich/Devore.

Every one of those names I listed were never developed by Ara and Lou into outstanding QB’s.

I didn’t manufacture anything, everyone of those QB’s were QB’s under Ara and Lou.
And everyone of them were never developed into outstanding QB’s by Ara and Lou.
Why do you think that Ara and Lou failed to develop those QB’s ?

You’re clueless !right. Huarte was an afterthought. A nobody who was giving haircuts to guys in the dorm. You don’t know crap. He was qb in name only. Ara made him a complete qb after lamonica.

All the names you list were second n third string. Nobodies.

All the names you list were second n third string. Nobodies.
You’re beyond obtuse !

If they were recruited by Ara and Lou, Ara and Lou must have been high on their ability to play QB at ND and not be “nobodies” as you declared.

So why did Ara and Lou fail to develop them into outstanding QB’s ?

You can’t have it both ways, you can’t give Ara and Lou a pass for not developing outstanding QB’s !

You are biggest jerk on this board. A clueless nimwit. I’m done. Huarte was a qb in name only. He was cutting hair for extra money. Ara picked him n developed him. All the starting QBs under these two coaches were very good. You said they were not. That’s the entire point. No one except you drag up names of scout team stringers to try and cover your stupid comment.

Get lost loser

Ciao
Ouch!

Didn’t Kizer and Book play in the NFL ?

They didn't make an impact and I believe are now free agents. The point is it's been a LONG time since ND had a very good QB, never mind one who had a decent chance in the NFL. I go back to Quinn and Clausen, under Weis.

CBK never got nor developed QBs good enough. Recruiting was an issue, something I'm hoping Freeman can maybe change bit. Hartman is here...maybe given the changes and my thinking about Freeman charisma, the next Andrew Luck or somebody similar comes.

Anyways, I've got noting against CBK. As I keep posting, I wish him well and appreciate what he did.

In cherry picked clips he looked that way

For one season

ITs not surprising so many coaches did not look beyond that; or beyond his physical gifts.

NFL GMs have done the same year after year. Look at all the big armed busts taken in the first rd.

I've been watching football for almost 70 years -- and I also played. That experience tells me that if you don't have enough ELITE PLAYERS, it doesn't matter if GOD ALMIGHTY is coaching. You WON'T oftn beat more talented teams.
I don't know. I think if you had God the Father as head coach and he got the Holy Spirit to run his offense and his kid to be our defensive coach, we might have a shot.

Seriously, so much of you say is true. I think if Freeman fails, he will go into the Faust file, where people will remember him for his love for the university and forgive his coaching shortcomings.

Kelly didn’t set the schedule, he inherited the schedules that were set long before he set foot on the campus.

Stop trying to make excuses, he resurrected a Notre Dame football program that was in shambles.
I understand BK didn't make the schedules but neither did Lou. ND played harder schedules back in the day. Also didn't have training tables & turf. I'm very happy that I saw ND in the era. Special time.

I understand BK didn't make the schedules but neither did Lou. ND played harder schedules back in the day. Also didn't have training tables & turf. I'm very happy that I saw ND in the era. Special time.
College Football is so drastically changed since Lou, it's virtually impossible to compare then and now. With portal and NIL, CFB is effectively minor league professional football, with damn near nothing about it being college; maybe just the team names.

I don't know. I think if you had God the Father as head coach and he got the Holy Spirit to run his offense and his kid to be our defensive coach, we might have a shot.

Seriously, so much of you say is true. I think if Freeman fails, he will go into the Faust file, where people will remember him for his love for the university and forgive his coaching shortcomings.
Good point.

Let’s see, I entered Notre Dame as a chemical engineering major, how about you ?

And I graduated in four years, how about you ?
You are so stupid. You can’t go to college when you drop out of high school.

You are so stupid. You can’t go to college when you drop out of high school.
You can if you’re so smart and so well educated that you don’t need to finish high school !

I understand that your best years in high school were the three years you spent as a sophomore !

Calling you a colossal moron is extremely insulting to morons !

College Football is so drastically changed since Lou, it's virtually impossible to compare then and now. With portal and NIL, CFB is effectively minor league professional football, with damn near nothing about it being college; maybe just the team names.
👍

TB had not played in a while and needed more time to get in the ‘game’; someone panicked too soon! Tommy or Nick?

Milroe just threw a pick in the end zone. Bama then blocked a punt that literally went out at the one yard line. First play, bad snap loss of ten yards. They end up with a field goal.

Bamas offense is worse than ours last year

Milroe just threw a pick in the end zone. Bama then blocked a punt that literally went out at the one yard line. First play, bad snap loss of ten yards. They end up with a field goal.

Bamas offense is worse than ours last year
Coaches putting their Quarterbacks in position to fail. Asking them to do stuff they can’t do

Watching Alabama vs Ole Miss, it's bad enough that I start to wonder if Rees can only coach 1 dimensional ball. He's honestly awful.

Watching Alabama vs Ole Miss, it's bad enough that I start to wonder if Rees can only coach 1 dimensional ball. He's honestly awful.
It ain't on Rees, Alabama is simply not that good. Their OLine stinks, QB room is shit and they RBs are average at best. Rees has been there 6 months, and you wanna blame him? Seriously? Milroes INT was a HS mistake, that ain't on the coach.

Said it on here after the Marshall game last year that he wasn't any good and many stans came to his defense.

Bottom line was pretty much trading him for Hartman was a genius move on Freeman's part and might end up keeping Notre Dame in the playoff convo all year while Bama struggles to win 9 games.

Rees is in a perfect storm. The Tide don’t have the players they once did. Especially QBs.

We always harp on talent mattering most. Heck it’s been the bane of ND football wrt winning a NC. That said…Rees is also learning in rough waters.

Again, perfect storm for him.

Rees is in a perfect storm. The Tide don’t have the players they once did. Especially QBs.

We always harp on talent mattering most. Heck it’s been the bane of ND football wrt winning a NC. That said…Rees is also learning in rough waters.

Again, perfect storm for him.
Amazing so the narrative is that Rees left ND for Bama and doesn’t have the talent to work with to show off his QB development super powers. Ok, got it.

Amazing so the narrative is that Rees left ND for Bama and doesn’t have the talent to work with to show off his QB development super powers. Ok, got it.
And you think he's gonna "develop" QBs in 6 months. Any idea how stupid that sounds? Christ. Your narrative is one of hating Tommy Rees, that at least is pretty clear.

And you think he's gonna "develop" QBs in 6 months. Any idea how stupid that sounds? Christ. Your narrative is one of hating Tommy Rees, that at least is pretty clear.
Yes he can have a QB1 that was a top 50 recruit ready to play. But when has he ever had a QB ready to play. He does have the kicker and punter looking ready though.

Get a clue man, you are giving the Alabama OC a pass due to not having the talent to score TDs vs USF.

Yes he can have a QB1 that was a top 50 recruit ready to play. But when has he ever had a QB ready to play. He does have the kicker and punter looking ready though.

Get a clue man, you are giving the Alabama OC a pass due to not having the talent to score TDs vs USF.
Dante Moore 7 of 22 with a INT and Fumble in the Red Zone; guess it's the OCs fault for not getting this high recruit ready to play.

It ain't coaching at all, these kids just aren't that good. The interception by Milrose was absolutely ridiculous; that ain't coaching
Dante Moore 7 of 22 with a INT and Fumble in the Red Zone; guess it's the OCs fault for not getting this high recruit ready to play.
Alabama #1 (by a mile) in recruit class rankings over last 5 years. UCLA #36. Please tell me you have something more than a talent gap. Done with this discussion. The last word is yours. Go Irish.

Alabama #1 (by a mile) in recruit class rankings over last 5 years. UCLA #36. Please tell me you have something more than a talent gap. Done with this discussion. The last word is yours. Go Irish.
You were telling me about how in 6 months he should be able to "develop " a high recruit ready for play, and you told me to get a clue. Oh how the narrative changes when your shown to be wrong. But you're entitled to live in your own world and your own narrative. Yup, go Irish

It ain't on Rees, Alabama is simply not that good. Their OLine stinks, QB room is shit and they RBs are average at best. Rees has been there 6 months, and you wanna blame him? Seriously? Milroes INT was a HS mistake, that ain't on the coach.
Yeah I'm gonna blame him. He has five stars across the line and gets no push. The defense is lined up Everytime like they know the play...because he doesn't change his calling scheme. The next time he develops improvement in any quarterback will be the first.

It's absolute nonsense that people are defending Rees because of the talent level at bama. The talent at bama is much better than what was at ND last year... much better. Yet they look horrid.. yeah that's on the oc and the play caller.

It's absolute nonsense that people are defending Rees because of the talent level at bama. The talent at bama is much better than what was at ND last year... much better. Yet they look horrid.. yeah that's on the oc and the play caller.
No it's not, 5 TDs called back because of penalty. Ridiculous INT in the Red Zone. His "play calling" should have accounted for 38 points against the #15 team in the country. Develop? Please .. he's been there for 8 months. You hate him, I get it. Nothing he did for us (averaging over 30 points a game) was ever good enough, and now your narrative is set.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT