ADVERTISEMENT

Bring Les Miles to Notre Dame Official Thread

NotreDame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 29, 2015
a big name is needed. A strong defense is needed. Les is publicaly committed to bringing in an amazing OC and fixing his offensive woes. ND needs miles to balance the likes of Harbaugh and Meyer. No, he's not an ND man, but he will be the day he is hired and will go down as one of the greats! Do it, Jack!!!!!

I want Mike Leach.

Talk about a BK clone, arrougant, throws the ball 72 times a game and always loses games he shouldn't every year, see 2015 Portland State, 2016 Eastern Washington. I actually like Leach but I'd never want him in ND.

I want Mike Leach.

You may want Mike Leach, but he will never coach at ND. Do you know anything about Mike Leach's background or do you just throw out random names? Do you honestly think ND would consider Leach given how he parted ways with Texas Tech? His past would make him radioactive as far as ND is concerned. If you know anything about ND, a coach's background matters.

Reactions: Bodizephax
Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Jim and John Harbaugh, seiffert, Gruden, Les Miles, Jesus Christ, Bill Cower, Any Peterson, Any Stoops, Fat Albert and Knute Rockne are all unavailable. Tommy Rees will be our head coach before any of these people. Stop being delusional.

a big name is needed.......ND needs Miles to balance the likes of Harbaugh and Meyer. No, he's not an ND man, but he will be the day he is hired and will go down as one of the greats! Do it, Jack!!!!!

a) JS has already publicly backed Kelly for next season
b) to say that Miles' track record (of running a rather loose-ship
re: player integrity etc.) would not fly at ND - would be an
enormous understatement.

Reactions: Classic Irish
enormous understatement.

Exactly. Kelly (rightly or wrongly) will be back next year, so all of this wishful thinking of him getting canned this season is inane. Also, the ignorant suggestions for Kelly's replacement really betray who on this board closely follows college football and who doesn't. There are obviously people on this site who don't even have a superficial knowledge of ND's football history (e.g. hire Mike Sanford after the Davie and Weis experiments???). Some of the names I've seen here are laugh-out-loud absurd.

Reactions: hvillebill
None of these coaches would want to come to ND, not that I would want them anyway. I mean why would you want to coach a program that can't recruit like it use to, is run by an administration that really could careless as long as that ca$h keeps flowing, and yet you're filled with unrealistic pressure?

Too many ND fans have issues with reality, like the fact our last championship was 30 years ago! Times change and unfortunately for our program it hasn't been in a positive way. How many times can you only blame the coaches on what has happened to this football program? I'm not saying we can't or shouldn't win 8-9 games every year, but to have a legit shot at another title we need a string of top 10 recruiting classes so we have an actual defense! Don't forget we consistently play one of the tougher schedules each year and every team hates us so they give even more effort!

If the administration is serious about changing things they may as well join a conference and change the schedule overall. This way we can try to win conference titles each season, better than nothing I guess.

I just want us to win an do so decisively. It is so sad to see how bad ND tried just to come up short over and over. I hope everyone on this roster and staff eat a piece of humble pie and come out like gang busters next year.

None of these coaches would want to come to ND, not that I would want them anyway. I mean why would you want to coach a program that can't recruit like it use to, is run by an administration that really could careless as long as that ca$h keeps flowing, and yet you're filled with unrealistic pressure?

If the administration is serious about changing things they may as well join a conference and change the schedule overall. This way we can try to win conference titles each season, better than nothing I guess.

You mean like dropping SC?

I always thought it was gonna be Sanford; the reason he was brought in.
I fear he has lost a few brain cells having been around Kelly too long.

Unlike others, I think ND has to identify the young guy yet to make the 'big name' but is on the cusp.
Even if a great young but unproven guy. The superstar HC will never come to ND.
But a hot new young guy with Meyer charisma and Faust likability is the best fit! And of course he needs to 'coach' with a passion!
Sorry, not a list but the qualities I think you look for to compile your list.

The list of proven winners at big name schools without potential ethical flaws that would come to Notre Dame would be minuscule. Almost non-existent

Would a hire like Chris Klieman from North Dakota State (2 national titles) or former Bison coach Craig Bohl (3 titles) be an option. I know, there is no major program experience but both have won games against FBS teams with far more resources.

Both at least with a chance to get and a chance for ND to accept.

I'd suggest Jim Leavitt current D Coordinator at Colorado but he left South Florida on a bit of a controversial note.

Reactions: nsp29640
Les Miles could not and would not adapt to the strict and more narrow recruiting environment which is Notre Dame. That coach is out there....Les Miles is not one of them.

i hope this thread was tongue in cheek. we trade one political idiotic coach for an obnoxious idiotic coach. dumb thread

Les Miles won 7 bowl games at LSU in 11 full seasons....including two Natty games....winning one. He is in the Top 20% as a head coach....just not ND material for reasons of poor fit. To a school like Virginia Tech, Boston College or an MSU...he would be ideal. Incidentally, he was fired 4 games into the season. And LSU didn't think the timing was wrong.

I would be interested in Washington's coach, Chris Peterson. I don't know what his contract situation is, but the guy is a winner, a great coach and recruiter. Look what he did at Boise and now in Washington. His teams are tough, hard nosed, run the ball well and still throw well. Would he come to ND for the right price?

Oh, I just read he signed a two year extension with Washington. Darn it!

I would be interested in Washington's coach, Chris Peterson. I don't know what his contract situation is, but the guy is a winner, a great coach and recruiter. Look what he did at Boise and now in Washington. His teams are tough, hard nosed, run the ball well and still throw well. Would he come to ND for the right price?

Oh, I just read he signed a two year extension with Washington. Darn it!
I don't know why these names keep getting mentioned. ND has as much of a shot at getting CP as they do Urban Meyer. He's from that area, has an easier job at Wash, believe he has a daughter with special needs, ND is currently a step down. ND is going to have to overlook some skeletons and hire a proven guy like Tressel or roll the dice on a guy like Fleck.

ND is going to have to overlook some skeletons and hire a proven guy like Tressel or roll the dice on a guy like Fleck.

Neither will happen. As silly as it may seem, ND is very concerned about its image. Tressel's NCAA baggage eliminates him, and Fleck being divorced and remarried by the age of 35 (and rumors of infidelity) probably eliminate him, too.

If ND makes a change after the 2017 season, they might take a look at South Florida's Willie Taggart. Some major program is going to snatch him up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_Taggart

100915-fsf-cfb-willie-taggart-PI.vadapt.664.high.16.jpg

I always thought it was gonna be Sanford; the reason he was brought in.
I fear he has lost a few brain cells having been around Kelly too long.

Unlike others, I think ND has to identify the young guy yet to make the 'big name' but is on the cusp.
Even if a great young but unproven guy. The superstar HC will never come to ND.
But a hot new young guy with Meyer charisma and Faust likability is the best fit! And of course he needs to 'coach' with a passion!
Sorry, not a list but the qualities I think you look for to compile your list.

You just described PJ Fleck right there.

enormous understatement.
I hate to say it, but BK has run a loose ship too. Academic problems, players in trouble, it's been a consistent problem.

I hate to say it, but BK has run a loose ship too. Academic problems, players in trouble, it's been a consistent problem.
Holtz had similar issues. There just wasn't an Internet at the time for fans to discuss them.

It happens at virtually every school. Some choose to ignore it and some like ND choose to address it.

I agree that ND under BK has not been able to keep it's (preferred)
squeaky-clean image.

However - the ethical issues of many of Les Miles' problem children are waaaay above anything Kelly has had to deal with.

Miles and Urban Meyer (UF) seemed to be competing as to which FB program had the most felons on their rosters - interestingly, neither one is still coaching in the SEC.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Kelly needs to hirer Charlie Strong to be his new DC once Texas cans him at the end of November.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT