ADVERTISEMENT

Bring Les Miles to Notre Dame Official Thread

a big name is needed. A strong defense is needed. Les is publicaly committed to bringing in an amazing OC and fixing his offensive woes. ND needs miles to balance the likes of Harbaugh and Meyer. No, he's not an ND man, but he will be the day he is hired and will go down as one of the greats! Do it, Jack!!!!!

Is he now? Where was that commitment over the last few dismal offensive years at LSU?

Neither will happen. As silly as it may seem, ND is very concerned about its image. Tressel's NCAA baggage eliminates him, and Fleck being divorced and remarried by the age of 35 (and rumors of infidelity) probably eliminate him, too.

Why is that silly? Don't most organizations have at least some level of concern about their public image?

Why is that silly? Don't most organizations have at least some level of concern about their public image?

As an ND alum, I don't think it's silly at all. But based upon some of the misguided comments I've read on this board lately, some people apparently think it is. Surely, you've read posts here asserting things along the lines of "ND should get off its sanctimonious high horse" and hire a head coach with a questionable ethical background (eg. Petrino, Tressel, Meyer, etc...). In my view, those folks fail to understand what ND is about.

As an ND alum, I don't think it's silly at all. But based upon some of the misguided comments I've read on this board lately, some people apparently think it is. Surely, you've read posts here asserting things along the lines of "ND should get off its sanctimonious high horse" and hire a head coach with a questionable ethical background (eg. Petrino, Tressel, Meyer, etc...). In my view, those folks fail to understand what ND is about.

It appears they are about making the most money as possible but say they have standards. the problem is now when ratings drop and gear sales slow and they do not get ticket sales then what. will they hire another 8-5 coach that may have 1 good year. but they have standards. its low standards putting out a product like they are. These are not academic standards. Notre Dame should hire a coach that can be great. And if they are Christian and its not about money forgive for past transgressions. Is that more important than you being on your sanctimonious high horse.

It appears they are about making the most money as possible but say they have standards. the problem is now when ratings drop and gear sales slow and they do not get ticket sales then what. will they hire another 8-5 coach that may have 1 good year. but they have standards. its low standards putting out a product like they are. These are not academic standards. Notre Dame should hire a coach that can be great. And if they are Christian and its not about money forgive for past transgressions. Is that more important than you being on your sanctimonious high horse.

It has nothing to do with being "on a sanctimonious high horse." Notre Dame does and should have standards. Notre Dame should not consider hiring people whose backgrounds show a pattern of unethical behavior. I personally do not want Notre Dame to be "great" if it means sacrificing our moral compass.

If we ran the program to maximize revenue we would have joined the Big 10 a few years ago. That's where the guaranteed big money was. So you can lose that theory.

Reactions: Classic Irish
I saw this floated in another board. Tell me it doesn't stir your loins just a little:

"John Harbaugh? Rumors he is done with NFL, wants to go CFB route...... like his Bro."

Clearly I'm not saying this will happen, but can you imagine it now that we are in the midst of starting up our series again?

It has nothing to do with being "on a sanctimonious high horse." Notre Dame does and should have standards. Notre Dame should not consider hiring people whose backgrounds show a pattern of unethical behavior. I personally do not want Notre Dame to be "great" if it means sacrificing our moral compass.
Here's an idea that will never happen. Maybe, just maybe, other universities should follow the same standards ND does. Just saying.

Is he now? Where was that commitment over the last few dismal offensive years at LSU?
He may not bring a decent offense but you know our defense will play with fire in their eyes. If nothing else he'll bring passion and a physicality we haven't had for decades now

OK, it's obvious that just don't get ND.

OK, it's obvious that just don't get ND.

It is obvious you do not have reading comprehension ability. I get having academic standards that was not the point. If you want to win you need to hire a coach that will be great. If you do not want to win just tell the large fan base and reduce your ticket prices, shirt prices and do not lie to us. If you want to be all academic that is OK but do not pretend you are going to compete at sports at high level and lie so you can make money off the fan base. That is whaT Is going on now. I get Notre Dame but do you

So do you believe in forgiveness or do you get on your horse and think you are better than everyone else. I suspect the latter

So do you believe in forgiveness or do you get on your horse and think you are better than everyone else. I suspect the latter
Forgiveness has its limitations, regardless of who you are. ND got past Holtz's brush with the NCAA, and has obviously been very forgiving in letting suspended or expelled kids back into school to finish their degrees. But I don't think we are taking forgiveness to the level of hiring Art Briles.

Reactions: Classic Irish
It is obvious you do not have reading comprehension ability. I get having academic standards that was not the point. If you want to win you need to hire a coach that will be great. If you do not want to win just tell the large fan base and reduce your ticket prices, shirt prices and do not lie to us. If you want to be all academic that is OK but do not pretend you are going to compete at sports at high level and lie so you can make money off the fan base. That is whaT Is going on now. I get Notre Dame but do you

I graduated from ND, so I obviously get it. Did you?

If you don't like the ticket and shirt prices, it's very simple---don't buy them. And if you think you're being lied to, then go root for another team.

I graduated from ND, so I obviously get it. Did you?

If you don't like the ticket and shirt prices, it's very simple---don't buy them. And if you think you're being lied to, then go root for another team.

I guess when you enter a room with in 20 seconds you say I graduated from Notre Dame. Congratulations on being the most arrogant person in the room . Humility is not your best trait.

Forgiveness has its limitations, regardless of who you are. ND got past Holtz's brush with the NCAA, and has obviously been very forgiving in letting suspended or expelled kids back into school to finish their degrees. But I don't think we are taking forgiveness to the level of hiring Art Briles.

I agree but do not eliminate until you have a chance to review all interested parties that goes for coaches also. it is only common sense. You will know the right individual at the end but if you hamper yourselves with a holier than thou attitude then we will get Weis, Kelly, or the next version of them.

I guess when you enter a room with in 20 seconds you say I graduated from Notre Dame. Congratulations on being the most arrogant person in the room . Humility is not your best trait.

You asked, "I get ND, but do you?" In identifying myself as an ND alum, I simply demonstrated how foolish your question is. So making intelligent comments obviously is not your best trait.

What is your problem? Anyone who disagrees with you is on his high horse? I suggest you chill.

Notre Dame should stand for ethics, if nothing else. We should not be considering coaches in the vein of Tressel, Petrino and Chip Kelly. If that puts ND on its high horse, then I am all for it.

I agree but do not eliminate until you have a chance to review all interested parties that goes for coaches also. it is only common sense. You will know the right individual at the end but if you hamper yourselves with a holier than thou attitude then we will get Weis, Kelly, or the next version of them.

If the "right individual" is a Petrino, Tressel or Chip Kelly, I pass. And I could give a crap if you agree with me or not.

You asked, "I get ND, but do you?" In identifying myself as an ND alum, I simply demonstrated how foolish your question is. So making intelligent comments obviously is not your best trait.

Being arrogant is your best trait why else would you mention it in that tone.

More nonsense.

If the "right individual" is a Petrino, Tressel or Chip Kelly, I pass. And I could give a crap if you agree with me or not.

Again /i do not care for the most part who they select. However, I want it to be an excellent hire. not Kelly part 2. and if they do hire just say a Tressel maybe you can turn in your fandom card. move on and forgive people and let go. Redemption is why we are Christian.

Being arrogant is your best trait why else would you mention it in that tone.

Nah, just wanted to point out again that who have no clue what you're talking about. You may call that arrogant. Others would call it pointing out the facts.

Again /i do not care for the most part who they select. However, I want it to be an excellent hire. not Kelly part 2. and if they do hire just say a Tressel maybe you can turn in your fandom card. move on and forgive people and let go. Redemption is why we are Christian.

Go root for another school which doesn't care about ethics. There are many of them out there.

Kelly was the "it" hire in 2009. So it will hopefully be another Kelly, but will hopefully work out better this time.

If we can get Dan Mullen from MSU. Then i would say it's time to let Kelly go.

He has a track record with doing more with less. Has coached Tebow and Dak.

Has couched in the SEC and at ND.

If we can get Dan Mullen from MSU. Then i would say it's time to let Kelly go.

He has a track record with doing more with less. Has coached Tebow and Dak.

Has couched in the SEC and at ND.

What has dan mullen done. i do not understand the love affair with him and some posters

a big name is needed. A strong defense is needed. Les is publicaly committed to bringing in an amazing OC and fixing his offensive woes. ND needs miles to balance the likes of Harbaugh and Meyer. No, he's not an ND man, but he will be the day he is hired and will go down as one of the greats! Do it, Jack!!!!!
As DC but, not head coach. If ND is to keep Kelly they should make him hire a top SEC type DC.

I think Les would be a great short term hire. He's a great recruiter and he'll instill toughness into the team, it's been decades since we have had a tough team. He's in his early 60s so know going in that it's 5 years and done.

Actually every ND coach should be 5 years and done unless you do ALL of the following.

3 10 win seasons, a playoff win and no loss in a bowl game by more than 14 pts. If you don't do each of those you need to go because it only gets much more difficult after year 5.

Miles couldnt succeed at LSU with the SEC behind him and virtually no academic restrictions. He would have no chance at ND.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT