ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon is the Man

iwish

Posts Like A Champion
Feb 1, 2006
I think we all know that Book will come back and be the starter assuming he is healthy. But what Brandon did yesterday and specifically over the past 6-7 weeks is pretty amazing. Kept his head high, kept working in practice, comes out and plays a very good game and leads the Irish to victory. As BK pointed out, the #2 team in the country's former starting QB decided NOT to stick it out and left. But BW stayed. He is a humble, quality young man who loves his teammates, his team, and his school. As for his performance, the first INT was not good, the second a bit unlucky. Not like Ian hasn't thrown a couple of bad INT's.

Anyway, thank you Brandon.

Not too too long ago, he was everyone’s darling. The next great ND QB. Such is the way of football fans.

Reactions: 88ND
I think we all know that Book will come back and be the starter assuming he is healthy. But what Brandon did yesterday and specifically over the past 6-7 weeks is pretty amazing. Kept his head high, kept working in practice, comes out and plays a very good game and leads the Irish to victory. As BK pointed out, the #2 team in the country's former starting QB decided NOT to stick it out and left. But BW stayed. He is a humble, quality young man who loves his teammates, his team, and his school. As for his performance, the first INT was not good, the second a bit unlucky. Not like Ian hasn't thrown a couple of bad INT's.

Anyway, thank you Brandon.

I know opposing fans don’t like to hear it, but by and large, these are the types of players who are “Notre Dame types of players.” They’re different from players at many other power schools.

Reactions: rgc7 and cancandodo
I blamed Long for the play calling when the second half started. We were up by 4 scores. They changed from man to zone. Why not run the ball, see what they are doing, then punt and let our top notch defense nail down the win. He finally did that after the 2nd int. I would understand if we were playing Oklahoma but FSU had to work very very hard to just get six in the first half. Brandon needs to take off and run, take a sack or throw it away. In the end it was a solid win. But why BW continues to make the same mistakes, I just don't know. O-line really stepped up in the 2nd half.

I blamed Long for the play calling when the second half started. We were up by 4 scores. They changed from man to zone. Why not run the ball, see what they are doing, then punt and let our top notch defense nail down the win. He finally did that after the 2nd int. I would understand if we were playing Oklahoma but FSU had to work very very hard to just get six in the first half. Brandon needs to take off and run, take a sack or throw it away. In the end it was a solid win. But why BW continues to make the same mistakes, I just don't know. O-line really stepped up in the 2nd half.

Exactly correct. The worst thing you could do is give life to a defeated opponent. That’s what the Irish did in the 3rd quarter. The Irish regained momentum during the goal line stand. If FSU scores there, the game could have gotten interesting. They would have been down 2 scores with about 20 minutes to play. As you stated , they committed to the run and put them away. This is why I have a tough time with Kelly. Winbush was lucky in the first half not getting intercepted. The second half , he finally did. Luckily they regrouped and nailed down the win.

You have a tough time with Kelly? Do you have a tough time with the 350 yards we rushed for? Or the 10-0 record? Come on, let’s not do that. He did acknowledge in his post-game presser or one of the interviews that the playcall on at least one of those was putting BW in a tough position.

I thought BW looked pretty sharp in the 1st half, especially considering how long it had been since he played.

Exactly correct. The worst thing you could do is give life to a defeated opponent. That’s what the Irish did in the 3rd quarter. The Irish regained momentum during the goal line stand. If FSU scores there, the game could have gotten interesting. They would have been down 2 scores with about 20 minutes to play. As you stated , they committed to the run and put them away. This is why I have a tough time with Kelly. Winbush was lucky in the first half not getting intercepted. The second half , he finally did. Luckily they regrouped and nailed down the win.
I love how fans think they know more then the real coaches.

And I love how some think the coach is end all be all...
Kind of like making Book a spectator while doing the BW experiment repeatedly.

Repeated special team issues and of course we have many more.

The coaches get paid a lot of money and are in no way exempt from criticism.

Running three HB dives and then punting will breathe just as much life back into the Zombie-noles

I don’t claim or think I know more than any coach or even any fan. It’s just my opinion from watching how the game was progressing. Nothing more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT