ADVERTISEMENT

BOARD RULES

Rich Starkey

All Star
Gold Member
Dec 29, 2013
Ohio
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to make a few things clear, but before I start, I wanted to let you know that I use to read the free board almost daily several years ago before becoming a premium member. That was back in the day when a full time moderator was here, and as you know, things change and we don't have anyone like that anymore. Out of all of the free ND sites out there, I thought this one was far and away the best.

Anyone that knows me on The Roundtable will say that I'm fair, but at the same time I have to look out for what's best for the majority because what I've learned is that it's a very small vocal minority that creates all of the havoc, and I need to do what's best for this site. Please keep in mind that I'm not a full time moderator for this site, and neither is Mike Singer, but we do however try to address things that shouldn't be happening.

For starters. If your first post is an obvious flame, something inappropriate, or if it's spam then you'll be given a lifetime vacation to the cornfield.

People are going to disagree, and that's great because I like a good knock-down drag-out debate between posters, but if it gets too personal with name calling, or inappropriate language then that person will take a short vacation from the board. What I don't want to see happen though is a witch hunt.

If you're here to just flame or troll then see above. I know there are posters from other sites that drop by, and some of them are very good, like the poster from SC.

We get a lot of reports from posters, and some are legit, while others are not. My suggestion is to use the ignore function for people that you don't get along with, but keep in mind that if someone continually breaks the rules they will lose their posting privileges.

Hopefully, people can do their part to be civil to each other.

Thanks,
Rich

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to make a few things clear, but before I start, I wanted to let you know that I use to read the free board almost daily several years ago before becoming a premium member. That was back in the day when a full time moderator was here, and as you know, things change and we don't have anyone like that anymore. Out of all of the free ND sites out there, I thought this one was far and away the best.

Anyone that knows me on The Roundtable will say that I'm fair, but at the same time I have to look out for what's best for the majority because what I've learned is that it's a very small vocal minority that creates all of the havoc, and I need to do what's best for this site. Please keep in mind that I'm not a full time moderator for this site, and neither is Mike Singer, but we do however try to address things that shouldn't be happening.

For starters. If your first post is an obvious flame, something inappropriate, or if it's spam then you'll be given a lifetime vacation to the cornfield.

People are going to disagree, and that's great because I like a good knock-down drag-out debate between posters, but if it gets too personal with name calling, or inappropriate language then that person will take a short vacation from the board. What I don't want to see happen though is a witch hunt.

If you're here to just flame or troll then see above. I know there are posters from other sites that drop by, and some of them are very good, like the poster from SC.

We get a lot of reports from posters, and some are legit, while others are not. My suggestion is to use the ignore function for people that you don't get along with, but keep in mind that if someone continually breaks the rules they will lose their posting privileges.

Hopefully, people can do their part to be civil to each other.

Thanks,
Rich

Hello Rich,

I too prefer full contact debating over a safe space where you can only toe the party line. I generally just scroll past the personal attack distractions. One thing I have pondered is that a lot of noise comes from a small number of posters. Is there a way to limit the # of posts per day? Or maybe cap the number of words? That might help us to tone it down and get to the point sooner.

Reactions: Rich Starkey
I wish the ignore feature would not only stop you from seeing the post of whom you've ignored, but the ignored from seeing your post.

While a permanent trip to the cornfield sounds wonderful for the serial offenders all they do is just create another handle. I've seen posters here that literally have generations of logins and multiple simultaneous logins at that.

I realize that there is not much that can be done about that. But nice to see a moderator back on this board as well. Welcome sheriff, you have your work cut out. It's been the wild wild west here for some time lol.

Hello Rich,

I too prefer full contact debating over a safe space where you can only toe the party line. I generally just scroll past the personal attack distractions. One thing I have pondered is that a lot of noise comes from a small number of posters. Is there a way to limit the # of posts per day? Or maybe cap the number of words? That might help us to tone it down and get to the point sooner.

Word count would definitely shut me down lol... I like to use lots of examples, comparisons and descriptors in my posts.

Hello Rich,

Unfortunately there isn't a way to cap the number of words or the posts. IIO, you can breathe easy sir.

I wish the ignore feature would not only stop you from seeing the post of whom you've ignored, but the ignored from seeing your post.

While a permanent trip to the cornfield sounds wonderful for the serial offenders all they do is just create another handle. I've seen posters here that literally have generations of logins and multiple simultaneous logins at that.

I realize that there is not much that can be done about that. But nice to see a moderator back on this board as well. Welcome sheriff, you have your work cut out. It's been the wild wild west here for some time lol.
The board is never going to be perfect, and honestly there aren't many boards that are whether they're free or by subscription.

To be clear, and this is directed at everyone, Mike Singer is the best recruiting analyst that we've ever had on the Roundtable, and that's his full time job. Myself, I work and have a family and cart kids around every single day, so I'm not on the board 24/7. What I'm trying to say is we'll do our best, but if people are expecting a complete change then they'll be disappointed.

This wasnt meant to be a commercial for the Roundtable, but maybe some should try it. The UA All American game is on today, and Mike Singer was down at the practices and killed it. He had excellent reports and videos on Chris Tyree, Drew Pyne and Alex Pietsch.

There's always been a mod here, but you need to understand that we are not on this board every day.

Do you prefer the report feature being used or some other method? I’ve been on these boards for 15 years now. Was a paying member for 10 of them. Over the past 6 months, this board has gotten really bad.

Last edited:
Do you prefer the report feature being used or some other method? I’ve been on these boards for 15 years now. Was a paying member for 10 of them. Over the past 6 months, this board has gotten really bad.
The report feature is really the only option, however when we see reports, and alot of times it's just someone getting their feelings hurt, then dont expect much. I dont mean that to sound like no one cares, but this board can't be moderated on a post by post basis.

If you've been around that long then I'm sure you know the difference on who the people are that are just here to troll, and to know that there are some people out there who are ND fans, but it's best not to get into an argument with because you'll never win and end up pulling your hair out. I've always avoided that type of stuff and I have a full head of hair.

One thing that I've never understood is why engage people who you suspect of just trolling? It's not easy, but if someone's sole purpose is to troll then they'll be dealt with.

Thanks for being a part of the community.

The board is never going to be perfect, and honestly there aren't many boards that are whether they're free or by subscription.

To be clear, and this is directed at everyone, Mike Singer is the best recruiting analyst that we've ever had on the Roundtable, and that's his full time job. Myself, I work and have a family and cart kids around every single day, so I'm not on the board 24/7. What I'm trying to say is we'll do our best, but if people are expecting a complete change then they'll be disappointed.

This wasnt meant to be a commercial for the Roundtable, but maybe some should try it. The UA All American game is on today, and Mike Singer was down at the practices and killed it. He had excellent reports and videos on Chris Tyree, Drew Pyne and Alex Pietsch.
I totally agree with this. I've been on this board I believe for 10 years and agree that it's the best ND board on the internet. And as a subscriber I also agree that everyone should try the it. Too many great articles and to be able to converse with Lou, Mike, and yourself is pretty awsome.

"BOARD RULES"

There are? lol

It will be nice to have a moderator in place --sometimes, threads get hijacked after the 1st 6-7 posts that it is all garbage pretty much after that.

thread pirates, I remember one thread a couple years back about USC that went like 15 pages. I quit reading after 10 reply’s or so.

Is there any way to determine if one poster is posting under multiple handles? I suspect that’s rampant here—-usually people here to stir up trouble.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why anyone would do that. This interweb thing is a weird place.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
Last edited:
The real question is being on the internet at all!

Well, read this
safety_n_5b201b58e4b09d7a3d77e471
and this:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/hacker-online-

AND:
If you REALLY want to know! Netflix doc...(real title)
“Don’t Fu#k With Cats”

Anyone who has a computer or children and or on FB should watch it ! (NOT the children!)

It is really grabbing for people who are easily swayed and want to feel like they are never safe on the interweb or tech. It pushes a scare tactic agenda, but with research the audience can find that the issues being presented are far from the scariest thing the interweb has to offer. It is the same kinda bologna that "The Great Hack" tried to pull, more than mild suggestions of political tampering in elections, but still trying to persuade an audience that they have zero control over their lives and that someone is out to get them. It failed and got a less than stellar review from many sites and lost much of its credibility. If people would operate with common sense and not play into the medias idea of scare tactics maybe that would help. Children do not know better, but adults do and they should be able to make decisions that not only keep their kids safe but themselves safe as well.

The internet feast on stupid people, unfortunately there is a surplus.

It is really grabbing for people who are easily swayed and want to feel like they are never safe on the interweb or tech. It pushes a scare tactic agenda, but with research the audience can find that the issues being presented are far from the scariest thing the interweb has to offer. It is the same kinda bologna that "The Great Hack" tried to pull, more than mild suggestions of political tampering in elections, but still trying to persuade an audience that they have zero control over their lives and that someone is out to get them. It failed and got a less than stellar review from many sites and lost much of its credibility. If people would operate with common sense and not play into the medias idea of scare tactics maybe that would help. Children do not know better, but adults do and they should be able to make decisions that not only keep their kids safe but themselves safe as well.

The internet feast on stupid people, unfortunately there is a surplus.

Well, you sound like an easy mark.
Did you read those articles?
So, you get a fake ID, you get a VPN, you only use the Onion browser, you create an anonymous FB ID with a burner phone, and then you and your computer goto Starbucks where you have the monthly coffee club card and you use that card to purchase coffee, then you log in on your computer into FB. CC links your log in to-your PC, to that anonymous FB account and then to you: and all your personal data! busted!
FB has those algorithms.

Watch the Netflix doc. If nothing else it is a great detective show.

Well, you sound like an easy mark.
Did you read those articles?
So, you get a fake ID, you get a VPN, you only use the Onion browser, you create an anonymous FB ID with a burner phone, and then you and your computer goto Starbucks where you have the monthly coffee club card and you use that card to purchase coffee, then you log in on your computer into FB. CC links your log in to-your PC, to that anonymous FB account and then to you: and all your personal data! busted!
FB has those algorithms.

Watch the Netflix doc. If nothing else it is a great detective show.

"So, you get a fake ID, you get a VPN, you only use the Onion browser, you create an anonymous FB ID with a burner phone, and then you and your computer goto Starbucks where you have the monthly coffee club card and you use that card to purchase coffee, then you log in on your computer into FB. CC links your log in to-your PC, to that anonymous FB account and then to you: and all your personal data! busted!" I do none of these things.

I do not believe in the boogie man and have enough common sense to avoid any situation that would put any of my information in harms way. Granted, all of my consumer info is sold to major corporations along with everyone elses for trillions of dollars. That is what scares me, non of this stuff.

I have watched it, like I said, it works on stupid people.

I miss the old cornfield pictures everytime someone was sent there!

15318312-cornfield-generic.jpg

A lovely place for asinine trolls of rival fanbases...:D

We have a couple or two regulars who have no issue going out of their way starting problems. On here, they are Tony Soprano. At home, in real life, they are AJ Soprano. Who needs Seinfeld for laughs when you can sit back and read their commentary on sporting events, the state of politics in the world, and life in general.

Reactions: Catholicfan95
It befuddles me that people chose to talk politics on here, it always leads to something sour.

Can we get a dislike button? lol

we have one! it is called back to threads/topics
there is no official button because there is no official “opinion”

getting away from ‘politics’ is an illusion
you may mean ‘escape’ - but you’ll be back! there is no escape

Reactions: deadirishpoet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT