ADVERTISEMENT

Beating Purdue Should be a Big Deal

NotreDame du Lac

Posts Like A Champion
Jan 29, 2015
They don’t call them the spoiler makers for nothing. They’re honestly our best win besides Wisconsin. We dominated them both. If only they’d have won against Minnesota, A team they are clearly better than, they’d be a 2 loss team with TWO top 5 wins. Possibly a top 15 team right behind us.

Just watched the highlights against MSU. I was at the Navy game so playing catch-up. When they’re on they’re on. They dominated MSU.

Both Wisconsin and Purdue should be top 25 IMO.

No F’ing way some of these obscure teams like Fresno, UTSA, LA, SMU, Coastal, Houston in the 15-25 range would beat Purdue or Wisconsin. The CFP rankings are bull shit outside the top 10. Purdue and Wisconsin should be at least top 20.

I think one of the biggest problems right now as far as Notre Dame getting respect is that people are not respecting the Big Ten and they are respecting these obscure no-name schools from no-name conferences in random places who play nobody and have one loss like Fresno. Give me a break. Notre Dame has beaten handedly at least two top 20 teams. I legitimately think Purdue and Wisconsin are top 20 teams.

Not to mention the SEC always gets way too much credit. Outside of Alabama, they really shouldn’t and the precedent does not show that they win bowl games against big 10 teams. In fact, big 10 teams often beat SEC teams and it surprises everybody in bowl games. I don’t understand why that surprises people. The weather doesn’t look as good on TV in the B10, and maybe they’re not quite as fast in skill positions in some peoples minds but whenever they match up in bowl games, it seems like the Big Ten does just fine against the SEC. Notre Dame has never had any major trouble against Georgia in the past either. Yes, we lost those games, but they were close. They were not blowouts like we experienced against Clemson. Everybody always talks about how fast SEC teams look and how hard they hit, but every time we played GA, we lost by like two or three points. The game was evenly matched and it came down to who had the ball in the last few minutes, I really just don’t buy it. Florida sucks, LSU sucks, Arkansas is overrated, Tennessee is not good, Kentucky is overrated, South Carolina is nothing special. I think Michigan State, Ohio state, Michigan, Wisconsin, PSU, Iowa, and Purdue are all capable of beating anyone in the SEC besides Alabama and Georgia. I honestly think based on what I have seen from Alabama this year that Notre Dame, Michigan, or Ohio State could beat them.

Purdue played “spoiler” against Iowa and Michigan State but they couldn’t play spoiler against their biggest game of the season and in state rival Notre Dame. I honestly don’t think beating Michigan State or Iowa was actually a spoiler like people are saying. I think Purdue is a legit program and they are legitimately pretty good and just blew it against Minnesota. Our win against Purdue alone should tell the committee that Notre Dame is good.

if only we had last year‘s team this year I think we would be the second best team right now and it would be us and Georgia with Alabama trailing right behind us.

Last edited:
Reactions: francade
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT