ADVERTISEMENT

BC - FSU

IrishHerb

Posts Like A Champion
Nov 18, 2006
Watching tonights game and BC's run game seems to be going pretty good against FSU.

Makes me wish ND had a power running game like that. Or is it just that T A&M's defense was so good, and FSU's bad?

Reactions: BGI User 756
A&M's run defense was great, but we still ended with nearly 200 yards rushing. Give the offensive line a little time to gel, and we'll be running over most teams we face.

Watching tonights game and BC's run game seems to be going pretty good against FSU.

Makes me wish ND had a power running game like that. Or is it just that T A&M's defense was so good, and FSU's bad?
We had 5.8 ypc, 200 yards. We wore them down, and that DL is talented. Lots of opportunities remain though.

Reactions: Kelso86 and NDinNJ
Well, yes! TAM’s defense is significantly better than what Florida St has shown thus far. And as noted, we gained nearly 200 yards on the ground. Our OL will gain much needed experience and gel into a well coordinated unit, and our very talented running backs will excel. But as to the Boston College game, their QB is the difference maker so far. His passing has been elite and his running is creating all sorts of problems. He may just be having an exceptional game, or Florida St defense is way overrated, etc… but his passing and running is creating problems while the BC OL is looking big, strong, and aggressive in the running game.

Well, yes! TAM’s defense is significantly better than what Florida St has shown thus far. And as noted, we gained nearly 200 yards on the ground. Our OL will gain much needed experience and gel into a well coordinated unit, and our very talented running backs will excel. But as to the Boston College game, their QB is the difference maker so far. His passing has been elite and his running is creating all sorts of problems. He may just be having an exceptional game, or Florida St defense is way overrated, etc… but his passing and running is creating problems while the BC OL is looking big, strong, and aggressive in the running game.
Good point on the BC QB….very quick

FSU seems to be boycotting the 2024 season after last year’s playoff snub. All time petty move by Norvell.

• Haha
Reactions: tbonesays
A&Ms Dline was better than NDs. Probably by a good bit. Our lbs and secondary played really well.

What a terrible call with only 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter

We had 5.8 ypc, 200 yards. We wore them down, and that DL is talented. Lots of opportunities remain though.
I don't think we wore them down at all. They were still knockin' heads right down to our last possession (when we scored the clinching field goal.) I think we had 34 carries, but we gained most of our yards on maybe 7 or 8 of them.

FSU seems to be boycotting the 2024 season after last year’s playoff snub. All time petty move by Norvell.
That was very funny. Could be though. If you're really disgusted by something it can take a while to get over it. Sometimes you never do. But I'll take it. I don't give a shit if our schedule is ranked last in the country. If that means 12-0 and hosting a 1st round playoff game, fine by me....

Reactions: IrishMike409
BC wins, 28-13. FSU's in disarray, and BC looks well-coached under Bill O'Brien, with a QB who's a good playmaker.

Van Gorder level tackling on some of those BC runs last night. I say we pump the breaks on GT and BC until we have more information.

Van Gorder level tackling on some of those BC runs last night. I say we pump the breaks on GT and BC until we have more information.
GT is the real deal. That OL will put a couple guys into the pros. Veteran and strong. Have had my eye on them since last year. Dont undersell King and the WRs as well. Their safety Brooks was terrific last year .

Didn’t look at BC, so good point. But don’t sleep on GT

Reactions: FightingIrish44
GT is the real deal. That OL will put a couple guys into the pros. Veteran and strong. Have had my eye on them since last year. Dont undersell King and the WRs as well. Their safety Brooks was terrific last year .

However, BC actually beat them worse, and on their home field. But both BC and GT look pretty good so far.

I know, not only is FSU not any good, but heck maybe not even GT either! Everything is turning up roses with this schedule. I wonder if it's possible for a schedule to be so weak, that anything less than 12-0 won't be good enough? That's the only downside. Because USC looked pretty good. Their defense is improved. And if anything this new QB might be even better than old boy who was too flamboyant and freelance, as a perfect system guy for Lincoln Riley.

I know, not only is FSU not any good, but heck maybe not even GT either! Everything is turning up roses with this schedule. I wonder if it's possible for a schedule to be so weak, that anything less than 12-0 won't be good enough? That's the only downside. Because USC looked pretty good. Their defense is improved. And if anything this new QB might be even better than old boy who was too flamboyant and freelance, as a perfect system guy for Lincoln Riley.
Moron

Reactions: NDinNJ
I don't think he has Kyler Murray's arm - but certainly his quickness is reminiscent.
ND’s gonna drag his little ass to deep water. FSU never got a hit on him. Notre Dame will get their pound of flesh and then we’ll see how elusive he is.

Reactions: NDinNJ
I’m not convinced that DJ U is a bad QB as there were quite a few drops and pressures on him. He does seem to be fairly immobile though.

One of the keys to the loss was Norvell going for it on 4th and 5 from his 47. The pass was picked and returned to their 5 or so. That’s way too aggressive IMO and cost them 75+ yards of field position and then BC scored.

I think BC looks like they have a solid defense and offensive line. Castellanos makes them dangerous too. I don’t even know what they return from last year other than Castellanos, but they did go 7-6 and almost beat FSU last year but they had around 21 penalties.

I would not at all be surprised if BC upsets Missouri next week and then beats Michigan State. Credit to them for scheduling two Power 4 teams.

GT Oline and TE’s seem well coached to my amateur eyes. Their schemes on offense seem line an absolute pain but I think ND will get some good practice against NIU this week. King seems to be pretty accurate in addition to his skills on the ground.

GT defense looks a lot better this year too.

I’m not convinced that DJ U is a bad QB as there were quite a few drops and pressures on him. He does seem to be fairly immobile though.

One of the keys to the loss was Norvell going for it on 4th and 5 from his 47. The pass was picked and returned to their 5 or so. That’s way too aggressive IMO and cost them 75+ yards of field position and then BC scored.

I think BC looks like they have a solid defense and offensive line. Castellanos makes them dangerous too. I don’t even know what they return from last year other than Castellanos, but they did go 7-6 and almost beat FSU last year but they had around 21 penalties.

I would not at all be surprised if BC upsets Missouri next week and then beats Michigan State. Credit to them for scheduling two Power 4 teams.
He stinks

Fredo gets Duquense next, but that is/was a respectable 4 week stretch of FSU-Duq-Mizzou-Sparty. There is no way to have known FSU and Sparty would be down.

I don't know about BC beating Mizzou. Mizzou's pretty good; they even beat a depleted Ohio State team in the Cotton Bowl and apparently returned a lot, which is why they're ranked in the top 10. But they could definitely beat MSU.

I don't know about BC beating Mizzou. Mizzou's pretty good; they even beat a depleted Ohio State team in the Cotton Bowl and apparently returned a lot, which is why they're ranked in the top 10. But they could definitely beat MSU.
Yeah maybe you’re right. Maybe my hopes are clouding my judgement haha. I’m not familiar with Missouri other than that they bring back a good QB. Their only losses last year were close ones to LSU and Georgia so they may be primed for a monster year.

I’m not really calling for BC to beat Missouri either. They just seem like a solid team and Castellanos may make some plays with his legs. It will be a fun game to watch.

I’d love to see NC State beat Tennessee this Saturday too.

Reactions: mbd11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT