ADVERTISEMENT

Are we now a 'Basketball School?'

nemeth#5

Posts Like A Champion
Aug 26, 2005
Dallas, Texas
After back-to-back Elite 8 appearances, maybe we are not giving coach Brey and the men's teams enough love!

I'm done following the football teams as they have forgotten how to win. Time to start watching the basketball team. First decent test tonight against the Colorado Buffaloes.

After back-to-back Elite 8 appearances, maybe we are not giving coach Brey and the men's teams enough love!

I'm done following the football teams as they have forgotten how to win. Time to start watching the basketball team. First decent test tonight against the Colorado Buffaloes.
Yet some on this board rip Coach Brey as well. He actually does more with less than most coaches. ND is damn lucky to have him. If Kelly could get half as much out of his athletes as coach Brey does, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Go Irish! Beat Buffaloes!

I know! I remember a few years ago people were wanting Brey gone! Guy is one of the most underrated coaches in B ball in my opinion. While they do lose some games each year they shouldn't, it doesn't really matter in basketball. Also, his teams seem to play very well at home and against good competition (minus the ACC championship last year).

Reactions: DieHard_Irish

how many NC's does ND have in BB?

ND is not a BB nor a FB school, it is a womans soccer school!

I love Mike breys boys. If they win I'm happy. If they lose I'm good. Great way to live. Go women's bball.

The Refs are currently doing all they can to help Colorado.

When Brey can finally get that new practice facility he'll start getting even more talented players. Watch out. ND football is done. On both sides, men and women, ND is now a basketball school.

Notre Dame's image, fame and fortune are linked to football, if ND continues it's decline there is no way the other sports are unaffected. When you recruit a BB prospect to ND he knows of ND by history of football.
ND BB has never won anything in terms of championships, to date.
Football is the lightening rod to recruiting any spirt at ND.

so, if no football then ND is a small school in Indiana with some past history of sport successes.

how many NC's does ND have in BB?

ND is not a BB nor a FB school, it is a woman's soccer school!
So I had to look up how many NC's we have won in Women's soccer.... and I noticed that North Carolina has basically won more than every other school combined! It was something ridiculous like 23? Talk about domination.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT