ADVERTISEMENT

Are all of ND’s best WRs Freshman?

Dec 29, 2005
Seriously, Greathouse, Faison, Flores, all look better than the rest of the WR room IMO.

Now, Flores had a few costly drops mid season but seems like he’s over that. Greathouse is healthy again, and Faison has been a pleasant surprise.

Seriously, Greathouse, Faison, Flores, all look better than the rest of the WR room IMO.

Now, Flores had a few costly drops mid season but seems like he’s over that. Greathouse is healthy again, and Faison has been a pleasant surprise.
The Lacrosse player is the best one!

The Lacrosse player is the best one!
Agreed re Fuison. Flores was used in underneath routes today, and he excelled at this in high school. Flores best game in his young career at ND, by far. But again, our receivers were able to get a lot of separation today, which they haven’t been able to do against the better defenses.

I expect we add atleast two transfers at wide receiver. Tyree, And Mayweather are ghosts on the field they catch one pass then poof there gone.

Receivers played well. But I would temper the expectations due to the competition. When faced against bigger and more athletic teams, they didn’t play so well. That’s not to say the potential isn’t there, it is. But you need to show up in big games.

I give kudos to Merriweather. Colzie never got to perform much as neither has Thomas or Salerno. I'm excited about the though of Cam Williams,Faison,Greathouse,Flores,Merriweather,Colzie and Thomas to go along with TE-Evans,Raridon,Staes and Flanigan. I would love to see Angeli play 3-4 series. He looks poised and unrattled .

Merriweather,Colzie,Thomas,James,Greathouse,Faison,Flores,C.Williams,Gilbert,Saldano/KK Smith and maybe Tyree make up a good unit. Haven't had that much depth in a long time. Providing there isn't a few transfers out. TE-Evans,Raridon,Flanigan and Staes are formidable TE unit.Probably left someone out but that is a great start to ramping up wr unit.

MF has done a great job reworking the WR room, but they are young. I think next year there will be a marked improvement.

I agree regarding Faison. He looks to me to have the highest upside of the WRs currently on the team. I see both Flores and Greathouse as possession type of receivers; while both of them have been pleasant surprises, neither of them has enough size or speed to be true game breakers. Like everyone else, I am mystified with Tobias Merriweather. Lots of talent there, but just hasn't shown enough of it on the field. Hope the light goes on for him soon.

I am really excited about Cam Williams, and hope he might see the field next year. Not sure he will end up as a 5*, but he sure looks the part. He has nice size and looks to have great speed. Of course, the last 5* receiver ND landed (Jordan Johnson) turned out to possibly be the biggest disappointment I have seen at ND, so maybe I shouldn't wish that on Cam.

Jordan Johnson is a cautionary tale about the fallacy of placing too much stock in star ratings. I always wondered how he became a 5* in the first place. He didn't have great size or speed and played on a HS team that mostly ran the ball. He flamed out at ND (due to academics, from what I heard) and then transferred to UCF, where he did absolutely nothing. He is now playing for a community college in Iowa, and has put up fairly pedestrian numbers this year. What an enigma.

Let’s not forget James. He has all the skills and attributes we desperately need at wide receiver. Good size and great speed and aggressive ball tracking, etc…. He apparently needed more time to adjust to college life at ND, and just hope he stays the course.

Reactions: Golson5
Let’s not forget James. He has all the skills and attributes we desperately need at wide receiver. Good size and great speed and aggressive ball tracking, etc…. He apparently needed more time to adjust to college life at ND, and just hope he stays the course.
Agreed. James has a lot of potential. And people shouldnt give up on 5 yet. He has a lot of talent

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT