ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone speaking in absolute terms about kelly's future with ND

cgvr

I've posted how many times?
Jun 25, 2010
is simply wrong.

There are powerful forces in play now...not just swarbrick, not just the BOTs....

.....figure out where they get their "power/direction" from....

I will speak now in absolute terms. BK will finish the season and will be the HC in 2017. There is no further need to discuss the matter. Thank you all and good day.

I will speak now in absolute terms. BK will finish the season and will be the HC in 2017. There is no further need to discuss the matter. Thank you all and good day.

He is "queued up".... It will be interesting to watch how it plays out.....

Let's see swarbrick's comments...if any....

Your photo seems to indicate he might have a future in dressage.
Agreed. He inspires hillary's attire.... PS After he got off the horse....

gr250.jpg

He is "queued up".... It will be interesting to watch how it plays out.....

Let's see swarbrick's comments...if any....
We still have 8 or 9 games to go here. A lot can happen between now and Thanksgiving, or later if we are playing in a bowl game. I think it was obvious to everyone with eyes that we had serious defensive issues, and were not consistently producing to the level of our talent. The head coach situation is a lot more complex. And yes, we are highly highly unlikely to fire a head coach midseason, unless of course we find out he's interviewing with U Dub on the sly.:)

We still have 8 or 9 games to go here. A lot can happen between now and Thanksgiving, or later if we are playing in a bowl game. I think it was obvious to everyone with eyes that we had serious defensive issues, and were not consistently producing to the level of our talent. The head coach situation is a lot more complex. And yes, we are highly highly unlikely to fire a head coach midseason, unless of course we find out he's interviewing with U Dub on the sly.:)

Agreed. It's not just the D.
He's been spoken to in the past and he again went over his skis....not good.....
He knows he's on the line...that's why he stated it...not a lot of support for him right now...

Agreed. It's not just the D.
He's been spoken to in the past and he again went over his skis....not good.....
He knows he's on the line...that's why he stated it...not a lot of support for him right now...

I spoke to someone on the BOT before not about Kelly but when Weis was probably on his way out. He pretty much told me that Weis will be out during his last season unless it was 10 game winning season. So if you know something that we do not know please share or hint better because as you know I am quite dense.

is simply wrong.

There are powerful forces in play now...not just swarbrick, not just the BOTs....

.....figure out where they get their "power/direction" from....

well it is a Catholic U. My guess either the pope or God

what hint I take from all this is cvgr may be onto something. I am sorry I complementing you. I know its not like me. But we all want the same thing. Since kelly fired BVG that is a sign that the hot seat is being stoked. and use a cvgr description porky may become pulled pork if things do not go right

Since BK fired BVG, that was a sign that the defense was not responding to BVG and he had to go. It doesn't take an AD or trustee or Jenkins or anyone else with a degree to see that. The defense was trending down and the guy leading the defense had no answers. The Texas game most likely was the beginning of the end. The only hot seat around is the hot seat coming from gossipy, talkative, loose lipped, rumor filled, conspiracy laden, message boards and other social media. It appears the firing of BVG isn't good enough.

Since BK fired BVG, that was a sign that the defense was not responding to BVG and he had to go. It doesn't take an AD or trustee or Jenkins or anyone else with a degree to see that. The defense was trending down and the guy leading the defense had no answers. The Texas game most likely was the beginning of the end. The only hot seat around is the hot seat coming from gossipy, talkative, loose lipped, rumor filled, conspiracy laden, message boards and other social media. It appears the firing of BVG isn't good enough.
As Kelly's agent shouldn't you be trying to find him a job for next year?

well it is a Catholic U. My guess either the pope or God

Nope... Many if not close to all have zero knowledge on who runs ND and gives the BOT power/direction.... It's also public....

Stop.....

Q. And what about the defensive coaching leadership? Are you still --

BRIAN KELLY: Actually, that's probably the one area that I feel better about today. We did what I wanted today in terms of coaching. And coaching had nothing to do with the outcome today. I was pleased from that perspective. Obviously, we put our defense in a bad situation today and they gave our offense a chance to win, quite frankly. Those turnovers were deadly and obviously the kick off return for a touchdown just put us in a tough situation.

There are things that I want to get better at defensively, there's no question. But that's the least of my concerns after today.

It appears that you'll never get it.... Mr Potato Head is on thin ice. How he represented ND in Saturday's aftermath is a huge problem....huuuuuge....

Stop.....

Q. And what about the defensive coaching leadership? Are you still --

BRIAN KELLY: Actually, that's probably the one area that I feel better about today. We did what I wanted today in terms of coaching. And coaching had nothing to do with the outcome today. I was pleased from that perspective. Obviously, we put our defense in a bad situation today and they gave our offense a chance to win, quite frankly. Those turnovers were deadly and obviously the kick off return for a touchdown just put us in a tough situation.

There are things that I want to get better at defensively, there's no question. But that's the least of my concerns after today.

It appears that you'll never get it.... Mr Potato Head is on thin ice. How he represented ND in Saturday's aftermath is a huge problem....huuuuuge....

my question is based on Kelly's response here: did kelly make this decision to fire BVG? If not I would agree Kelly is on his way out. If he did then based on his response he was waiting until he talked to Jack and did not want to say one way or another to the public. Basically sunshine and butterflies

my question is based on Kelly's response here: did kelly make this decision to fire BVG? If not I would agree Kelly is on his way out. If he did then based on his response he was waiting until he talked to Jack and did not want to say one way or another to the public. Basically sunshine and butterflies
I would agree that BK would talk to Jack before making a move in firing BVG. That said statement was a ringing endorsement of BVG. How does one go from saying your DC did a great job to firing him all on your own.

I'm not saying JS told Kelly fire him or I'll fire you both but I do think Jack suggested very strongly that Kelly fire BVG.

I would agree that BK would talk to Jack before making a move in firing BVG. That said statement was a ringing endorsement of BVG. How does one go from saying your DC did a great job to firing him all on your own.

I'm not saying JS told Kelly fire him or I'll fire you both but I do think Jack suggested very strongly that Kelly fire BVG.

it will take years for the truth to come out.

for now: SPIN

well, only 2 people were privy to the discussion, at most.
Both have vested interest in "silence".

Those who want BK out tend to believe the gossip. Those that feel a good qualified DC would solve the issues and would extend BKs life at ND would tend to wait for something official to come out. I do believe that BK and Jack talked before the dismissal as I stated earlier. Whether Jack gave BK an ultimatum or BK was looking for Jack's blessing on the firing, none of us will know quite yet. At this point, salvage the season. That should be the headline.

I'm relying upon an old psychological principle...."the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior".....So....I think the balance of results this season may trigger what happens. If this change...and its a biggie, is a gamechanger...for the better....Kelly will be on firm ground....not solid..but firm.
If the wheels that are now off cannot be reattached and three or four more losses happen...I thinks he's done.

I'm relying upon an old psychological principle...."the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior".....So....I think the balance of results this season may trigger what happens. If this change...and its a biggie, is a gamechanger...for the better....Kelly will be on firm ground....not solid..but firm.
If the wheels that are now off cannot be reattached and three or four more losses happen...I thinks he's done.
He has shown to be incapable of an epiphany. He needs one.....

Maybe BVG wasn't on board with some defensive personnel changes proposed by Kelly, or maybe BVG felt that they needed to roll back the changes that Kelly felt better about.

This coming from the Op who I told was going to get an extension around bowl time and said no he wasn't.
Kelly is going nowhere.

the power base at ND is well documented as a very highly secret very secure committee; such that even the committee members who are chosen for life have no knowledge of who other committee members are.
Committee members are isolated in unknown places that have no communications with the outside world.
They are not even informed as to there own existence or purpose.
This is a such long held respected tradition that no one even can confirm nor deny it's existence; and speaking of it is forbidden! (omg! I've said too much!)

the power base at ND is well documented as a very highly secret very secure committee; such that even the committee members who are chosen for life have no knowledge of who other committee members are.
Committee members are isolated in unknown places that have no communications with the outside world.
They are not even informed as to there own existence or purpose.
This is a such long held respected tradition that no one even can confirm nor deny it's existence; and speaking of it is forbidden! (omg! I've said too much!)
Hey, you are getting closer, but it is not a secret. It is not hard to believe how clueless you and others on this board are....

not clueless, I just cannot share the information with you; you lack the level of security clearance

From what I have been told CGVR is correct. Kelly is on a short leash. To think he had anything to do with the dismissal of BVG, given his vociferous support of BVG and failure to address the obvious problems with the Defense is beyond a resonable assumption. His hand was forced. This defense has been horrid since Diaco left. Steveie Wonder could see that. The only one who refused to admit as much was Kelly. Because to do so would be an admission of making a mistake. Kelly can't do that. Which lead to the meltdown at the presser. Like before in 2011. When things get tough, Kelly deflects and blames others. Not looked on kindly at ND. The clock is ticking.

From what I have been told CGVR is correct. Kelly is on a short leash. To think he had anything to do with the dismissal of BVG, given his vociferous support of BVG and failure to address the obvious problems with the Defense is beyond a resonable assumption. His hand was forced. This defense has been horrid since Diaco left. Steveie Wonder could see that. The only one who refused to admit as much was Kelly. Because to do so would be an admission of making a mistake. Kelly can't do that. Which lead to the meltdown at the presser. Like before in 2011. When things get tough, Kelly deflects and blames others. Not looked on kindly at ND. The clock is ticking.
It is not even a question. Multiple folks kicked porky square in the nuts and only confirmed that he had none. He is an insufferable prick and his post game presser meltdown is going down in the cfb HC annals as among, and perhaps, one of the worst shows of hc poor sportsmanship in cfb history. He is lucky he survived..... bvg took the fall, for now, for porky's ineptitude....

It is not even a question. Multiple folks kicked porky square in the nuts and only confirmed that he had none. He is an insufferable prick and his post game presser meltdown is going down in the cfb HC annals as among, and perhaps, one of the worst shows of hc poor sportsmanship in cfb history. He is lucky he survived..... bvg took the fall, for now, for porky's ineptitude....
We are so lucky that we have an insider like you....lol. He is going to be around for years to come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT