ADVERTISEMENT

Any overture by BK or his representative

perseverare

All Star
May 24, 2010
prospecting for another job should be met with his immediate termination; hopefully there are 'for cause' contingencies in his contract (or did Jack screw that up too!).

I would think that ND would be advised if another university were asking for permission to approach it's head coach. In such a case, know that the agent made the first overture for sure.

PS: by now Jack better know who is next "guy" is.
You can only hope with JS. How he manages this mess will greatly reflect on his ability to manage an organization. After a great many things Swarbrick has done well, this entire episode has deteriorated very quickly. If they lose, and lose in a noncompetitive manner this Saturday the entire football program will be at a 3 year tipping point. You either launch him now or be prepared for 2 more very difficult and disappointing recruiting years (this year, next year and the affects thereafter to the team). The moral of the entire fan base has collapsed. That's on Swarbrick and Kelly.

Reactions: rgc7
Who has said BK is prospecting for another gig? I haven't seen or heard that anywhere. ... (though I wish it were true)

How is looking around at other jobs enough to trigger a "for cause" termination clause? A contract can be built to say whatever you want but how/why would a coach agree to such a clause?

How is looking around at other jobs enough to trigger a "for cause" termination clause? A contract can be built to say whatever you want but how/why would a coach agree to such a clause?

I'm guessing that the majority of "for cause" clauses in contracts are rather limited and don't include equating looking for/interviewing for another job as a "for cause" termination right.

Why is this even a discussion? I don't see anyone having any interest in Kelly based on what has transpired on the field this year.

There is an article on another site rumoring that Kelly is a consideration for the LSU opening.

Kelly won't be fired and he'd never leave voluntarily. No big time program is pursuing him.

I'm guessing that the majority of "for cause" clauses in contracts are rather limited and don't include equating looking for/interviewing for another job as a "for cause" termination right.
This is probably (i.e. definitely true)

Why is this even a discussion? I don't see anyone having any interest in Kelly based on what has transpired on the field this year.

Has anyone asked ND's permission to speak with him (Kelly)? I seriously doubt it...people just need to chill a bit.

Unless something major occurs -- Kelly will be here in 2017. So, this talk about who a potential next HC will be just needs to stop for now -- unless a train wreck develops next year -- then all bets are off.

There is an article on another site rumoring that Kelly is a consideration for the LSU opening.
I'm not saying you believe it, but does anyone think Kelly is a serious candidate for the LSU job? According to the article, Kelly seems to be 4th in consideration behind Jimbo, Orgeron, and Herman but that Kelly "would definitely entertain the call" if it comes. Does anyone think that Kelly or any coach would leak out interest in a job knowing they might be 4th in line at best? And really, who thinks he would even be 4th in line? I gotta believe LSU has several candidates beyond the 3 listed they would pursue before Kelly. That article reeks of the kind of B.S. speculation we see this time of year. I don't believe the author actually has a credible source, but truth be told, it would be a bit of a relief if Kelly bolted on his own before JS is forced to fire him in the next year or two (hopefully we won't have to suffer that long).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT