ADVERTISEMENT

Any chance the new AD will understand this simple principle?

chaseball

I've posted how many times?
Sep 8, 2007
You can't let your competitors monopolize all the talent, have the more attractive cultures, outspend you in recruiting, outspend you on coaches, utilize more roster resources (NIL, transfer portal, etc.) have the best football facilities, the best clubhouse perks, etc. and still expect to compete with them on the football field.

Last edited:
I am so glad that you are not only NOT the AD, but would never be anyone he would consider worth listening too.

You want Notre Dame to become a football factory. Drop admissions standards, make football players special and get special treatment from professors, and so on.

Any chance Chaseball will understand this simple principle (not principal)?

Notre Dame is an academic institution, first and foremost. ND is more selective in its admissions process than most other schools. While athletes are given more relaxed admissions requirements than the general population, the fact remains that ND will not admit potential students who have little chance of success in the classroom.
For the same reason, ND is not going to accept transfers who have little chance of success in the classroom.
ND is not going to pay athletes. While ND has allowed establishment of routes for NIL funding, ND is not going to pay athletes directly.
Chaseball has no idea how ND's spending on coaches' salaries and recruiting compares to other schools. This is another repeated point of his which is built upon nothing but speculation.
The claim is made that ND's competitors monopolize all the talent and have the more attractive cultures. The fact that ND played in the championship game in 2012 and in the playoffs in 2018 and 2020 indicates the ND had a good deal of talent to get that far. And the fact that ND is located in South Bend, Indiana, is not going to change. ND is not going to pick up and move to San Diego or Miami.
The real point being made here is one that I have made many, many times before. ND is not going to satisfy Chaseball's lofty expectations. He needs to find another school that will.

You can't let your competitors monopolize all the talent, have the more attractive cultures, outspend you in recruiting, outspend you on coaches, utilize more roster resources (NIL, transfer portal, etc.) have the best football facilities, the best clubhouse perks, etc. and still expect to compete with them on the football field.
No

Reactions: NDinNJ
Someone obviously needs to learn and fully understand the scope of the position along with a much needed indoctrination into the University of Notre Dame and its method of operations.

1. Who outspends ND in recruiting ?
2. By how much ?
3. WHO outspends ND on coaches ?
4. By how much ?
5. Who uses more roster resources ?
6. Define and quantify who uses more of “NIL” and the “transfer portal”
7. Who has better football facilities ?
8. Who has better clubhouse perks ?
9. Define those perks, who has better ones and how they’re better.

Now if you can’t provide definitive answers to each and every one of those nine questions, very quickly, then it’s clear that you know nothing and are just talking out of your ass.

1. Who outspends ND in recruiting ?
2. By how much ?
3. WHO outspends ND on coaches ?
4. By how much ?
5. Who uses more roster resources ?
6. Define and quantify who uses more of “NIL” and the “transfer portal”
7. Who has better football facilities ?
8. Who has better clubhouse perks ?
9. Define those perks, who has better ones and how they’re better.

Now if you can’t provide definitive answers to each and every one of those nine questions, very quickly, then it’s clear that you know nothing and are just talking out of your ass.

1. Most
3 and 4. LSU, $100 million I’m not doing your math since I’m not your kindergarten teacher. Bama, most have been pretty significant. Likely not reported. Utah, wasn’t worth $2 million, so we hired another coach without experience and the Ute’s kept their man.
6. We ranked 45th in transfer portal recruiting.
7. Even freeman said our facilities need improvement. This was on social media like 2 days ago. Maybe visit some places.

You’re a headache. I suggest some light children’s books nightly to improve your skills. Then scale up. Good luck.

ps. If you weren’t such a dick I wouldn’t respond like such a dick.

1. Most
3 and 4. LSU, $100 million I’m not doing your math since I’m not your kindergarten teacher. Bama, most have been pretty significant. Likely not reported. Utah, wasn’t worth $2 million, so we hired another coach without experience and the Ute’s kept their man.
7. Even freeman said our facilities need improvement. This was on social media like 2 days ago. Maybe visit some places.

You’re a headache. I suggest some light children’s books nightly to improve your skills. Then scale up. Good luck.

1. Name them
2. Quantify the amounts
3. and 4. You failed to quantify the amount ND spends and the amount others spend.
In addition, NCAA regulations prohibit “spending” on recruits.
So tell us exactly how L.S.U. spent 100 MILLION more than ND on recruiting.
You also failed to list those schools whose annual coaching payroll exceeds ND’s and by
how much.
5. You failed to answer this question
6. So we’re better than 80 other schools
And, what about the quality of the players we get through the TP
And what about the academic impediment we face that other schools don’t ?
7. Just because Freeman said he wants to upgrade our existing facilities doesn’t mean that
they are worse than other school’s facilities. Name the schools with better facilities.
8. You failed to answer the question
9. You failed to answer the question

I can assure you, without fear of contradiction, that my IQ is significantly higher than yours !

So when someone challenges you to substantiate your claims you label them a “dick”

When someone asks you to provide documented facts supporting your claims and you can’t, you call that someone a “dick”

When you don‘t like being challenged and asked to be accountable for your statements you resort to calling me a “dick”

It might surprise you to learn that I don’t have a problem with that.

I’d rather be called a “dick” than an uninformed fraud who postures and pretends to speak from a position of authority. You’re a fraud who lacks the facts to support your claims !

Just admit that you don’t have the facts to support your asinine claims.

You should be embarrassed by your inane answers to just some of my questions

Reactions: bizzybecknd
1. Most

You didn’t respond like a “dick” you responded like an uninformed buffoon !

1. Name them
2. Quantify the amounts
3. and 4. You failed to quantify the amount ND spends and the amount others spend.
You also failed to list those schools whose annual coaching payroll exceeds ND’s and by
how much.
7. Just because Freeman said he wants to upgrade our existing facilities doesn’t mean that
they are worse than other school’s facilities. Name the schools with better facilities.

I can assure you, without fear of contradiction, that my IQ is significantly higher than yours !

So when someone challenges you to substantiate your claims you label them a “dick”

When someone asks you to provide documented facts supporting your claims and you can’t, you call that someone a “dick”

When you don‘t like being challenged and asked to be accountable for your statements you resort to calling me a “dick”

I’d rather be called a “dick” than an uninformed fraud who postures and pretends to speak from a position of authority. You’re a fraud who lacks the facts to support your claims !

I’m not your accountant. I stopped reading at after 1.

1. Name them
2. Quantify the amounts
how much.

Read part of it. $100 million was for BK. Our coaches get bought away. It’s embarrassing.

Oregon has better facilities as a no brainer. It’s common knowledge that NDs facilities are lacking. Driskell talks about it like once a week.

I’m not your accountant. I stopped reading at after 1.
No surprise there !

I get it.

You couldn’t answer the questions so you bailed in the face of being challenged.

And the 100 million paid to Kelly over time has nothing to do with recruiting costs.

As I stated, you’re clueless !

Read part of it. $100 million was for BK. Our coaches get bought away. It’s embarrassing.

Oregon has better facilities as a no brainer. It’s common knowledge that NDs facilities are lacking. Driskell talks about it like once a week.
Kelly’s departure didn’t involve a counter offer, hence money may not have been the deciding factor.

”Oregon” ? Those are the only facilities you can name ?
Out of 125 schools, that’s all you can name
And that was because Phil Knight (Nike) funded those facilities.

You’re uninformed and clueless

Kelly’s departure didn’t involve a counter offer, hence money may not have been the deciding factor.

”Oregon” ? Those are the only facilities you can name ?
Out of 125 schools, that’s all you can name
And that was because Phil Knight (Nike) funded those facilities.

You’re uninformed and clueless

Irish Breakdown complains about facilities often. I’m not uninformed.

New AD is a soft looking east coast guy. Reminds me of the flimsy handshake buttoned up guy at the golf course with a sweater tied around his neck drinking vodka cranberries and talking about horse racing.

I hope he’s good but I could see him making us look even more life a stuffy country club school rather than the old school blue color football ND of the past.

One thing I’ve heard people complain about for years is how the NBC broadcasts come off feeling like it’s a golf channel. Might get worse with this guy.

Who cares LSU overpaid!! 12 years at ND and with zero championships and zero major bowl wins. He also has the most losses of any coach in ND history. Kelly won't even finish out his contract at LSU, but good for him and his agent for getting what he got.

New AD is a soft looking east coast guy. Reminds me of the flimsy handshake buttoned up guy at the golf course with a sweater tied around his neck drinking vodka cranberries and talking about horse racing.

I hope he’s good but I could see him making us look even more life a stuffy country club school rather than the old school blue color football ND of the past.

One thing I’ve heard people complain about for years is how the NBC broadcasts come off feeling like it’s a golf channel. Might get worse with this guy.
And you know this how? You've met him personally? some of the comments and posts on this forum. 😂

And you know this how? You've met him personally? some of the comments and posts on this forum. 😂

Nowhere did I mention “knowing” anything. Just a feeling as he reminds me of it. Hope I’m wrong. NBC is mind numbingly boring and he’s a big reason why so there’s that.

Last edited:
Reactions: NDSMC78
Irish Breakdown complains about facilities often. I’m not uninformed.

Complaining” about the facilities wasn’t the issue !

The issue was a comparative analysis between ND’s facilities and the facilities that you claimed were so much better than ND’s facilities.

So name the better facilities and tell us why they’re better

Complaining” about the facilities wasn’t the issue !

The issue was a comparative analysis between ND’s facilities and the facilities that you claimed were so much better than ND’s facilities.

So name the better facilities and tell us why they’re better

No, you’re arguing semantics. Not good enough they say bc it’s not as good as the other blue blood programs. This isn’t rocket science.

Why would you assign responsibility for NBC’s telecasts to the new AD ?

Especially since he’s coming aboard while there’s an existing NBC contract in effect that he has no ability to alter.

The current contract remains in force until the 2025 season.

If people have been complaining about the NBC broadcasts for years, what has that got to do with the new AD ?

You’re clueless !

Reactions: NDinNJ
“Most” programs outspend ND on the recruiting trail??! Wowzers, 50+ Universities spending more than ND! And Oregon is the sole program named with better facilities. That’s why PAT has a point, just bitching and moaning with nothing tangible.

1. Most

You are what you are....

you sound like an old Kansas City A’s fan from the 50’s

Reactions: BGI User 756
you sound like an old Kansas City A’s fan from the 50’s
Are they any different than A’s fans over the past decade? Their current owner makes Charlie Finley look like a reckless spender,

“Most” programs outspend ND on the recruiting trail??! Wowzers, 50+ Universities spending more than ND! And Oregon is the sole program named with better facilities. That’s why PAT has a point, just bitching and moaning with nothing tangible.
I don’t think many if any schools are spending more on recruiting then ND. It was reported by a mod a few years back that nd spends more on recruiting then ANY other school. a part of this discussion centered around the T’eo recruitment and the fact that at least one coach attended everyone of his games and the cost in that alone. Given our national footprint it makes sense that we will have a huge budget. So the travel costs alone are exorbitant and on site festivities ( dinners, free gear, photos, lodging etc etc), seem to be pretty similar everywhere. The last published piece I saw on this had Ga spending the most and ND wasn’t listed at all. I was later told ND does not make those numbers available to the public. The idea we’re cheap on the recruiting front is ridiculous—- how many times and how many coaches flew private to Denton TX last year?

I don’t think many if any schools are spending more on recruiting then ND. It was reported by a mod a few years back that nd spends more on recruiting then ANY other school. a part of this discussion centered around the T’eo recruitment and the fact that at least one coach attended everyone of his games and the cost in that alone. Given our national footprint it makes sense that we will have a huge budget. So the travel costs alone are exorbitant and on site festivities ( dinners, free gear, photos, lodging etc etc), seem to be pretty similar everywhere. The last published piece I saw on this had Ga spending the most and ND wasn’t listed at all. I was later told ND does not make those numbers available to the public. The idea we’re cheap on the recruiting front is ridiculous—- how many times and how many coaches flew private to Denton TX last year?
Well stated.

I haven't had a chance yet to read the replies and get involved in the discussion but I wanted to reply to this quickly because I saw this

I think Notre Dame was at one point by far the biggest spenders in terms of recruiting for a lot of the reasons you listed here but in the last decade alone a lot of programs have invested a ton of money into recruiting and I don't think anything's been published since in regards to where Notre Dame ranks but from reading other media reports about other colleges and from hearing things through the grapevine over the years it's easy to come to a conclusion that Notre Dame hasn't kept up.

You got schools now dropping half a million dollars on one recruit visit you got schools now with their own recruiting departments and facilities with hundreds of members of staff and students volunteering and working full time

You got schools now giving away 7 plus figure NL signing bonuses the last report I saw on Notre Dame's recruiting spending had Notre Dame ranked at the top with like a $2 million budget total this was back during the Charlie Weis era

You have schools like Clemson breaking records in terms of salary for their assistant coaches and starting the trend you see today with hi six figure and seven figure coach pay

I think Georgia has like a dozen or so staff members making millions of dollars in salary to focus on recruiting alone

Is any of this going on at Notre dame right now?

Nobody would know because the media does a really mediocre job holding the university athletic department accountable for anything -- all it is is rainbow and pony puff pieces but I digress

I don't think we hear anything about any Notre Dame initiatives in this regard because nothing is really being done in this regard at ND. No progress is being made. Notre Dame is still trying to pull the industry back to where players had no power and coaches and ADs had all the power but that day is over and I really think it's starting to show up in all of the very average classes Notre Dame has been recruiting

A top 25 top 50 top 100 type are repulsed by us for some reason and it shows in the yearly class rankings

Also I'm on voice transcription so I apologize for poor grammar

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance yet to read the replies and get involved in the discussion but I wanted to reply to this quickly because I saw this

I think Notre Dame was at one point by far the biggest spenders in terms of recruiting for a lot of the reasons you listed here but in the last decade alone a lot of programs have invested a ton of money into recruiting and I don't think anything's been published since in regards to where Notre Dame ranks but from reading other media reports about other colleges and from hearing things through the grapevine over the years it's easy to come to a conclusion that Notre Dame hasn't kept up.

You got schools now dropping half a million dollars on one recruit visit you got schools now with their own recruiting departments and facilities with hundreds of members of staff and students volunteering and working full time

You had schools like Clemson breaking records in terms of salary for their assistant coaches and starting the trend you see today with hi six figure and seven figure assistant coach pay

I think Georgia has like a dozen or so staff members making millions of dollars in salary to focus on recruiting alone

Is any of this going on at Notre dame right now? Nobody would know because our media does a really mediocre job holding the university athletic department accountable for anything all it is is rainbow and pony puff pieces
You not being involved is a good thing.

Reactions: Pennick4

Think they overplayed?

Top 10 college football recruiting expenses in 2022
SchoolExpenses
Georgia$4.5 million
Clemson$3.2 million
Texas A&M$3.0 million
Tennessee$2.9 million
Oklahoma$2.6 million
Texas$2.4 million
Alabama$2.3 million
Michigan$2.2 million
Oregon$1.8 million
Florida

Top 10 college football recruiting expenses in 2022
SchoolExpenses
Georgia$4.5 million
Clemson$3.2 million
Texas A&M$3.0 million
Tennessee$2.9 million
Oklahoma$2.6 million
Texas$2.4 million
Alabama$2.3 million
Michigan$2.2 million
Oregon$1.8 million
Florida
Did you happen to notice that your list ONLY contains public universities ?

No USC’s, Stanford’s, UM’s, ND’s and many others.

What’s the source of your list and what’s the definition of a recruiting expense ?

Reactions: BGI User 756
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT