ADVERTISEMENT

ANDREW KRISTOFIC

stu4don

I've posted how many times?
Dec 13, 2006
Just as a lot of you guys have been saying Andrew jumped 212 spots to 137 in the current Top247 Class of '19 Poll...

Another stellar year for the ND O-line... I know people mentioned other coaches for HH's position but Jeff Quinn is killing it as a recruiter this year. Now if he can coach 'em up like Harry we're gonna be alright!

"Join The Irish, see the world, get a REAL degree, and make big bucks in the NFL!"
  • Highest paid guard in the NFL.
  • Two guys taken in the Top Ten in the NFL draft 2018.
  • And... our current center, a probable first round pick, already has his Engineering degree.

Just as a lot of you guys have been saying Andrew jumped 212 spots to 137 in the current Top247 Class of '19 Poll...

Another stellar year for the ND O-line... I know people mentioned other coaches for HH's position but Jeff Quinn is killing it as a recruiter this year. Now if he can coach 'em up like Harry we're gonna be alright!

"Join The Irish, see the world, get a REAL degree, and make big bucks in the NFL!"
  • Highest paid guard in the NFL.
  • Two guys taken in the Top Ten in the NFL draft 2018.
  • And... our current center, a probable first round pick, already has his Engineering degree.

Andrew according the analysts have him a potential top rated OT and real good chance as an OT

Reactions: rgc7
Kyle Hamilton also jumped 200 plus spots and is in the 150 range I believe

247 getting their act together and trying to be decently accurate. Both Hamilton and Kristofic should have always been highly rated. They were both incredibly undervalued but anyone with an eye for the game and the understanding of how measurables often translate could see that they were excellent. They won't get the same bump from Rivals though. They were not invited to The Opening, so they'll continue to pump the guys who went to the Rivals 5 Star Challenge, instead. Recruiting politics at their finest.

Two guys that 247 is on the brink of making 4 stars pending big senior seasons are RB Kyren Williams and QB Brendon Clark, who made a big jump and should be a 4 star with the combination of his film and a top 10 performance at the Opening (10th out of 24 QB's in attendance).

My favourite player left on ND's board, and my would be second favourite player in ND's defensive class if ND could somehow beat out Stanford, Tristan Sinclair, also made a huge jump to #103 overall. After posting the highest SPARQ score in the nation and having the film to back up the fact that he's a baller, I am completely on board with that move in the rankings. The kid is a stud. ND needs to make it a war for him. Shayne Simon / Derrik Allen / Tristan Sinclair as Rover options over a two year span would be downright elite.

Asa pick Washington. Damn. That kid has tons of potential. Keep after him, never know.

I’m surprised s about two things actually:

1) Kristofic didn’t attend any 247, Nike Opening, or other camps but jumped that much without playing a down of football.

2) Hamilton didn’t jump even higher. He I’m fact is behind Kristofic despite attending & doing great at big time events. I honestly think Hamilton is a top 100 player. I think sites are waiting to move him into it (which I think they will) until he plays his senior year.

I’ve said since the beginning my favorite two players in the class are Kristofic & Hamilton, so I’m glad they are getting recognition finally.

Funny thing is their composite rankings are still WAY TOO LOW because other sites (Rivals for example) were not allowed at the Opening so they aren’t going to raise their rankings at all.

And for the couple people (they know who they are) who said my opinion was “asinine” for boasting up Hamilton’s performance at the Opening Finals, the actual two DB coaches who coached him there said he was an elite 5 Star Safety. So not just the media, but the actual experts think so.

When it’s all said & done, on NSD I wouldn’t be surprised if Kristofic & Hamilton were the two highest ranked players in ND’s class. (Both top 100).

Both appear to be properly evaluated and placed. Top 100 would be a Top 5 at their respective position. Neither is.

Last edited:
Wishful thinking about Asa... Just happy he didn't go to Stanford or USC.

does it REALLY matter where these kids are rated once they begin college ? actually it doesn't even matter now except maybe to them. i find the whole thing ludicrous that a down of football hasn't been played but all of a sudden player A is better than player B even though he wasn't previously. i absolutely abhor these camps for these young people.

does it REALLY matter where these kids are rated once they begin college ? actually it doesn't even matter now except maybe to them.

It doesn’t.
But you have so many people who don’t watch film, read analysts’ reviews, or generally know anything about football, who bash ND & their recruits based on Stars.
Their are actual idiots on here who say they are ND fans but then downplay the fact a kid was singled out at a national camp & try saying he wasn’t that good. (Have no evidence or reasoning, just being a d-bag).

As soon as you compete in college HS means nothing.

Reactions: NIN Irish
It doesn’t.
But you have so many people who don’t watch film, read analysts’ reviews, or generally know anything about football, who bash ND & their recruits based on Stars.
Their are actual idiots on here who say they are ND fans but then downplay the fact a kid was singled out at a national camp & try saying he wasn’t that good. (Have no evidence or reasoning, just being a d-bag).

As soon as you compete in college HS means nothing.
agree. i hate the meat market mentality of these things for high school kids. disgusting. NFL combine i get as big money is at stake. even with that every coach and scout will tell you that the medicals and interviews are easily the two most important things they get from it.

^ so then you have the idiots that complain a kid is under rated because the kid has not been to any of the evaluating camps. Then they turn around and say, ‘heck the kid jumped way up w/o even w/o attending a camp or playing a down. Duh? Their idiots are those that do not accept their status as supreme being.
Being incorrect is a premium way of life to them. They are ‘The Insiders’.

If a kid does attend camps and is willing to put it on the line against the top competition, kudos to that kid. And if that competing kid is tied or close in rating with a kid who does not compete, then that kid(s) deserves the benefit of doubt and a higher rating.

^ so then you have the idiots that complain a kid is under rated because the kid has not been to any of the evaluating camps. Then they turn around and say, ‘heck the kid jumped way up w/o even w/o attending a camp or playing a down. Duh? Their idiots are those that do not accept their status as supreme being.
Being incorrect is a premium way of life to them. They are ‘The Insiders’.

If a kid does attend camps and is willing to put it on the line against the top competition, kudos to that kid. And if that competing kid is tied or close in rating with a kid who does not compete, then that kid(s) deserves the benefit of doubt and a higher rating.
putting what on the line ? its not football. not even close.

putting what on the line ? its not football. not even close.

Being open to being judged. Being willing to go head to head against those he is being evaluated against.
Putting yourself out there knowing eyes are on you and there may be consequences.
It may not be actual football. But it is part of the football process.

I give Hamilton credit for being willing to open up to the process. He benefited.

Being open to being judged. Being willing to go head to head against those he is being evaluated against.
Putting yourself out there knowing eyes are on you and there may be consequences.
It may not be actual football. But it is part of the football process.

I give Hamilton credit for being willing to open up to the process. He benefited.
i am completely against the whole idea of them. it's exploitation of minors. why isn't game film enough to be " judged " ? how can someone be judged about football when it's not being played ? glorified beauty pageants. football is played as a team sport not an individual one.

i am completely against the whole idea of them. it's exploitation of minors. why isn't game film enough to be " judged " ? how can someone be judged about football when it's not being played ? glorified beauty pageants. football is played as a team sport not an individual one.

I can agree on the criticism of the existance of the camps. But given that they exist, I still give credit to the kid willing to go against the best in his class to enhance his opportunity.

Reactions: Telx1
I can agree on the criticism of the existance of the camps. But given that they exist, I still give credit to the kid willing to go against the best in his class to enhance his opportunity.
but heres my issue, going against the best in what ? glorified gym class ? again, its not football, not remotely close to it. if an entire team is running 7 on 7's against another whole team then thats different. they have a vested interest in improving to increase there chances at success when their season starts. its just exploiting these kids for profit.

Well, one thing youcan get from the faux competition is they way some kids respond and especially how they set up pecking orders at the camps.I see some value in that information. And since the level of competition varies so greatly from state to state and within states, gathering kids to eyeball, get vitals, and determine degree of athleticism is informative.

I remember the respect Jaylon recieved from other prospects. They set him-apart from the rest. Kids give off data.

Did you go to Little League tryouts when you were 7/8 ? How did those workouts, just fielding, running and batting practice help in determining teams? College football camps are that to insane extremes.

Did you go to Little League tryouts when you were 7/8 ? How did those workouts, just fielding, running and batting practice help in determining teams? College football camps are that to insane extremes.
little league tryouts include actual practice games. live hitting and pitching. apples and oranges.

Both appear to be properly evaluated and placed. Top 100 would be a Top 5 at their respective position. Neither is.

Both are.
Both belong in the Top100 (at least) and in the Top 5 at their relative positions.

If you've followed how they were recruited and watched them at all, that's clear.

Both have a good chance of eventually landing there too.

Game film has its limits because of competition levels. The camps and limited contact drills have limitations too but it is definitely easier to compare two people when they are performing side by side.

Game film has its limits because of competition levels. The camps and limited contact drills have limitations too but it is definitely easier to compare two people when they are performing side by side.
True but unfortunately at these camps they are not performing at actual football. Just glorified gym class.

True but unfortunately at these camps they are not performing at actual football. Just glorified gym class.

The one thing they do that is real is they do a session where the OL & DL wear pads & go for real.
So that is usually the part of the camps I like to check on. Last year Ademilola kicked ass during that session & was graded an A+ & went through the best OL recruits in the country. But of course he didn’t shoot up the rankings into the top 100. But Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, PSU, Clemson, LSU, Miami, UF, VT, etc... all went after him hard.

Reactions: FriedmanIP
The one thing they do that is real is they do a session where the OL & DL wear pads & go for real.
So that is usually the part of the camps I like to check on. Last year Ademilola kicked ass during that session & was graded an A+ & went through the best OL recruits in the country. But of course he didn’t shoot up the rankings into the top 100. But Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, Michigan, PSU, Clemson, LSU, Miami, UF, VT, etc... all went after him hard.
Full equipment ? I'm guessing liability waivers are involved.

Kids don't often move 200+ spots in one update, regardless of how much they dominate an event. Rather, they begin an upward trajectory, that spans multiple updates if they have an excellent senior season, and finally, right before signing day day they'll get that final bump that puts them somewhere in the top 100 if they ball out at an All American game. Kyle Hamilton is on exactly that path, especially on 247. His next bump should put him just outside the top 100, or if he has a huge season, in the 75-100 range. Then he has the chance to battle for that "5 star" star status come the All American games.

See Shayne Simon and Cam McGrone as examples of guys who took the same path in last year's class.

Now what does it mean?... Absolutely nothing that we already knew in the grand scheme of things. Hamilton isn't a better ball player because the recruiting services say so. They're simply validating what's already known and making it fun for fans of recruitng to track.

Kids don't often move 200+ spots in one update, regardless of how much they dominate an event. Rather, they begin an upward trajectory, that spans multiple updates if they have an excellent senior season, and finally, right before signing day day they'll get that final bump that puts them somewhere in the top 100 if they ball out at an All American game. Kyle Hamilton is on exactly that path, especially on 247. His next bump should put him just outside the top 100, or if he has a huge season, in the 75-100 range. Then he has the chance to battle for that "5 star" star status come the All American games.

See Shayne Simon and Cam McGrone as examples of guys who took the same path in last year's class.

Now what does it mean?... Absolutely nothing that we already knew in the grand scheme of things. Hamilton isn't a better ball player because the recruiting services say so. They're simply validating what's already known and making it fun for fans of recruitng to track.

It should be fun to track but at times is frustrating when you see some of the politics of it

Often, there just is not enough information to properly place a kid. I think what you seewith these two kids is that they are now more accurately sloted.

Was that Salyer , The GA Kid ND was was recruiting? Looks as if they'll be going at it again next year.

Well, while J.A. held his ground he certainly was not bull dozing over and by those guys.
That was what was stated by one of the ‘Trinity’.
Farly had J.A. dominating. Was there another video?

Was that Salyer , The GA Kid ND was was recruiting? Looks as if they'll be going at it again next year.
Yes that was Salyer. He is going to be a monster at Georgia and the next level. Jayson got some in and so did Salyer. Both were praised as being 1 of the best at the camp.
https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/2566/jayson-ademilola-puts-on-a-clinic-at-the-opening-new-jersey

Some video of Justin too. Not as developed as Jayson, but he shows a burst and may turn out to be a productive rush end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT