ADVERTISEMENT

an update on campus projects

in the above video the guy in charge of the projects talks about how the stadium will have all new seating by next fall replacing the wooden benches. video is long but well worth the watch to see all the new halls being built along with other new projects

thanks for the extra info Ara64. what do you think Ara of them adding steel bleachers to the upper deck and to the whole stadium by next fall

Well, some Irish fans are always crabbing because fans don't stand during the game. I have a solution. Eliminate all the seating. Now, young and old, we are all standing.Problem solved. I'll take my advisors fee in cash please.

I am sure there are more opinions than tails to be parked in seats, but man, not sure about making the new buildings attached to the stadium a different color than the current shell. I like most things they do on campus, but based on what I am seeing right now, these buildings/attachments really don't seem to fit.

Well, some Irish fans are always crabbing because fans don't stand during the game. I have a solution. Eliminate all the seating. Now, young and old, we are all standing.Problem solved. I'll take my advisors fee in cash please.

I honestly don't understand how anybody, unless they were a child, could sit in ND Stadium. Those bleachers were tight as can be.

I am sure there are more opinions than tails to be parked in seats, but man, not sure about making the new buildings attached to the stadium a different color than the current shell. I like most things they do on campus, but based on what I am seeing right now, these buildings/attachments really don't seem to fit.

I didn't watch the video -- supposed to be working! -- but the buildings in the Trib article that Ara linked seemed to be the same color brick as the stadium.

I didn't watch the video -- supposed to be working! -- but the buildings in the Trib article that Ara linked seemed to be the same color brick as the stadium.
Yes the brick is the same color. Actually ND has a custom, proprietary brick that they use for all new construction on campus.

I will say that more recently ND has done a great job with the architecture. The buildings that were put up 25-50 years ago now stand out (in a not very good way). It sounds like some may come down in the short to medium term - Pangborn is being used as a temporary dorm while others are being renovated and I have seen talk where that and Fisher will come down at some point.

now the new and impressive looking architect building going up in a couple that you see drawings of in the video I posted at the top will have red bricks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT