ADVERTISEMENT

Amon-Ra St. Brown

beachcardinal

All Star
Jan 30, 2006
From what I am hearing from three or four people who have some reason to know Stanford is in the lead here, and a big lead. We may both be out of it.

From what I am hearing from three or four people who have some reason to know Stanford is in the lead here, and a big lead. We may both be out of it.
A posting on TOS reported a couple days ago that he was showing little interest in ND. I was thinking USC under the theory that each St. Brown kid wanted to carve his own niche.

Reactions: Kelso86
beach, kinda disagree. I been watching SC recruiting very closely. I think in the end the trifecta is the answer.

If you been watching your recruiting, A few recent commits are head scratchers. SC is in on several elite prospects at those positions. What is Helton's staff doing?

And, how many noted that SC placed principles ahead of football when it came to the 5* QB.

It's clear that ND is not under serious consideration. We have a HC on The so-called hot seat; we're coming off a terrible 4-8 season; and the dad was very critical of last year's pathetic S&C program; and the family was concerned about all this and the implications for Equanimous' career. Contrast this with Stanford, and Seems pretty damn logical for the family and specifically Armon to strongly favor Stanford. As for USC, I think they are a hell of a lot higher in Armon's interest than ND, for many of the same reasons. I do think the dad and the sons' make informed decisions, and I do think Armon is independent minded enough to make the final decision based on his preferences and his judgement. ND can get back into the mix if we start off strong, have an explosive offense that showcases Equanimous and our passing attack, and clearly demonstrate that Kelly's staff changes and redefining his role is a winning formula going forward. And, I think Stanford has to stub its toe coming out of the gate to open things up for ND and USC.

The biggest problems were 1)the S&C program, which is no longer a problem because his father loves the new staff. 2) ESB playing time as freshman. If ESB has another great year than that also can be fixed.

ASB still plans an official to ND. If ND wins games & shows him ND is a force again then ND will be back in the hunt. He can excel anywhere, so we need to win to become a serious contender. If not there is no chance we get him.

Reactions: TXNDFan88
The site with crystal ball forecast has ND 58%; Stanford 18%--down 7% from this morning; and USC & Ohio State 9%. He's said all along that ND was in it to the end.

Ara...Amon's interview with rivals at the Opening last weekend was very disappointing for the apparent lack of interest or enthusiasm for ND. He still does plan on taking an OV, and if we are winning and playing well, and the cultural change needed apparent, then I think we may indeed be back in it.

Winning covers a multitude of woes, but it will never cover 31 loses at ND in 7 years. IMHO!

Amon-RA will choose the Irish when all is said and done. The Irish will have a offense that will average over 40 points a game on route to a 12 and 0 reg season record and EQ will have a big season ! Stanford will go 10 and 4 with a bowl win over Iowa with a three yard and a cloud of dust offense that will excite the football purists but not the kids on the street ! Go Irish !!

My guess would be this...

EQ was the family experiment away from home. If he has a big year in 2017, he's Draft bound. Osiris is already in California at Stanford. Amon-Ra chooses either USC or Stanford, making good it easier on the parents (who aren't rich by any stretch) to see them both play, plus in USC's case, Amon-Ra gets the opportunity to carve out his own path... It just doesn't make sense for the family to be on opposite sides of the country try for the next 3-4 years, with EQ likely no longer in South Bend.

JMO.

Reactions: 57Patrick
beach, kinda disagree. I been watching SC recruiting very closely. I think in the end the trifecta is the answer.

If you been watching your recruiting, A few recent commits are head scratchers. SC is in on several elite prospects at those positions. What is Helton's staff doing?

And, how many noted that SC placed principles ahead of football when it came to the 5* QB.
Not sure what you have in mind. We have a 3.91 star average so I would have to know who you think is not up to snuff. Still it July recruiting so I am not sure things mean much anywhere as of yet.

Not sure what you have in mind. We have a 3.91 star average so I would have to know who you think is not up to snuff. Still it July recruiting so I am not sure things mean much anywhere as of yet.

recent WR,LB,OL; all seemed to be out of nowheres. SC was in favor with more elite prospects than those commits.

(Btw, I now go more with composite ratings than RR ave star ratings. SC has dropped down to .92 from .95 as a result. Reading the SC board all three commits were surprises.)

The combined prognostications of this thread are magical. He will categorically commit to and play for ND, USC, or Stanford. Take it to the bank.

recent WR,LB,OL; all seemed to be out of nowheres. SC was in favor with more elite prospects than those commits.

(Btw, I now go more with composite ratings than RR ave star ratings. SC has dropped down to .92 from .95 as a result. Reading the SC board all three commits were surprises.)

I don;t know about the OL man, but the other two were camp stars. Hunt was much faster than anyone at camp. The LB was taken for his up side. Apparently he is an insane athlete, but needs to develop size. At least if those are the two you are thinking of. We are all in for Ra, but think he is Stanfords.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT