ADVERTISEMENT

A star is born IAN BOOK ... it has been a LONG wait

But let's pump the brakes a little bit here. Not ready to anoint him the next Joe Montana. He's started TWO GAMES!!. We have yet to see him have an "off" game. And God forbid he does, cuz the usual suspects will be calling for his head and calling for PJ.

This isn't some defensive linemen who has lucked into a couple sacks ... or a RB where the hole was so big he simply walked into the endzone.

Watch this drive and tell me the last time you've seen a QB at Notre Dame single handedly carry the offense like this ?

Jimmy Clausen circa 2009 maybe ? But even then, Clausen was prone to sacks, and didn't have no where near the escapability that Book has.

Last edited:
This isn't some defensive linemen who has lucked into a couple sacks ... or a RB where the hole was so big he simply walked into the endzone.

Watch this drive and tell me the last time you've seen a QB at Notre Dame single handedly carry the offense like this ?

Jimmy Clausen circa 2009 maybe ? But even then, Clausen was prone to sacks, and didn't have no where near the escapability that Book has.

I get it, he looks good. Like I said I hope to hell it continues.

But - just as easily as he burst onto the scene, he could fall off the face of the earth also. Upcoming opponents now have film on him. They will prepare for him.

The kid is good. But let's let it play out before we give him the Heisman after two games. All I'm saying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT