ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Defensive Recruiting

Spears appears to me to be a guy who should be bulked up and play 1T. He looks like a tree trunk. I think he is best suited there. Is that were Lacey is headed though?

Spears appears to me to be a guy who should be bulked up and play 1T. He looks like a tree trunk. I think he is best suited there. Is that were Lacey is headed though?

Spears is defiitely big/thick, but he has a background playing DE. Heck, Rivals has listed him at WDE. Initially, ND was recruiting him to play SDE for us, though we're now viewing him as a DT, reportedly.

I think he could play either the 3-Tech or the 1-Tech in the current defense, which is valuable. Lacey is somewhat similar, could be a 3-Tech or a 1-Tech.

Ideally, I think we want a lot of versatility with our DTs, though we're clearly willing to take a "1-Dimensional Player" if he's good enough (See Jayson Ademilola)

This holds up if you look at the other DTs were recruiting too (Ex: Rodas Johnson)

What's the deal with Colt Ellison? Easily the best tape out of any of the guys ND had on campus this past weekend. Fast and athletic, pure pass rusher. After the visit he had several cb's for TCU! Wtf??

What's the deal with Colt Ellison? Easily the best tape out of any of the guys ND had on campus this past weekend. Fast and athletic, pure pass rusher. After the visit he had several cb's for TCU! Wtf??

May not want to leave home, and TCU is about 20 miles from home.

ND needs to hope he holds off on committing and work on getting him to leave home over time.

It sounds like he prefers ND as both a program and as a school, but distance from home is a big factor for him right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT