Freeman or Fickell OSU's Next Coach?

Well it wasnt click bait because it wasnt a story to click on. It was just a tweet so no click bait to make money or get views for his site. So wrong there

And Driskell, like him or hate him, I dont care. But he breaks a lot of team news, coaching, injuries, transfers etc. And he breaks a lot of recruiting news, commits and decommits, who we are going after etc.

I dont care if people like the guy or hate the guy, that is irrelevant, he obviously has some connections to people inside Notre Dame because he gets a lot of info before everyone else. There's no question about that
I have to agree, Driskell has been very accurate with his information.

Freeman year 1 = FAIL

This year’s team was not better or just as good as last year. When you lose to Marshall and Stanford at home and go 8-4, and you compare the 11-1 Brian Kelly 2021 team, you look silly saying that.
It was definitely as good or better

11 wins with 0 top 25 wins. The one ranked team we played we got beat by 11.

This years team played 4 ranked teams and went 2 and 2

Only reason last years team would ve considered better would be because of Jack Coan.

You saying it wasnt is like a non p5 team pounding their chest when they go 11 and 1 and beat no one. Schedule matters

SURPRISE - FICKELL TO WISCONSIN

You posted an opinion piece, an opinion piece where the author doesn’t cite sources.
In fact,he doesn’t even say, “according to my sources”
He just offers his opinion as if it’s fact.

On the other hand, we have a trusted, long time poster, who had a personal, direct one on one conversation with Fickell, where Fickell stated that he never engaged in any conversations with ND, He further stated that his agent informed ND that Fickell wasn’t interested in the HC position, ergo ND NEVER had the luxury of having a choice and selecting one over the other.

So, is Echowaker lying ?
Did Fickell lie to Echowaker ?

Or, is Driskell just offering an unsubstantiated opinion absent any facts or concrete sources ?
I dont know echo. He is on an internet message board

Driskell is a ND reporter and hes very good at his job.

So I trust him. You can trust echo. I dont really care. You asked where I got the info from. I got that from him which he reported a year ago.

You dont have to trust him, I dont care

Freeman year 1 = FAIL

With a easy schedule last year 11 and 1. Last years team played this year schedule maybe 8 or 9 wins

This years team was better than last or just as good. Only difference was qb
This year’s team was not better or just as good as last year. When you lose to Marshall and Stanford at home and go 8-4, and you compare the 11-1 Brian Kelly 2021 team, you look silly saying that.

Offensive Line Play

What games did we score a lot of offensive points and put up big yards? Games where we threw the ball well and ran it. Yes myself and others expected to run the ball well due to the fact that we’d be passing on them since they struggle in coverage. I thought a UNC type 2-4th quarter game plan running and throwing.

Navy could sell out and stop the run, so you’d have to know if usc sold out to stop the run, that you’d need to play action. Took rees 2 drives to figure out what was obvious, then we started easily marching down the field
Bringing up other games in the context of discussing the USC game is irrelevant !

You and almost everyone else, including myself, advocated for running, running and running the ball.

The constant cry was for our OLine To blow them off the LOS, especially when everyone was saying that they were soft and weak against the run.

No one, repeat, no one openly advocated for a pass heavy offense.

You’re intellectually dishonest, and I’m being polite !

C Williams

UTAH will take care of C Williams and USC next week! He is not the kind of character kid who deserves the Heisman..... regardless of his talent! I was at the game... just watching him ... full of himself and arrogant... being confident is one thing... great talent very immature.... the game in South Bend will have a different result next year!

SURPRISE - FICKELL TO WISCONSIN

I posted it in this thread
You posted an opinion piece, an opinion piece where the author doesn’t cite sources.
In fact,he doesn’t even say, “according to my sources”
He just offers his opinion as if it’s fact.

On the other hand, we have a trusted, long time poster, who had a personal, direct one on one conversation with Fickell, where Fickell stated that he never engaged in any conversations with ND, He further stated that his agent informed ND that Fickell wasn’t interested in the HC position, ergo ND NEVER had the luxury of having a choice and selecting one over the other.

So, is Echowaker lying ?
Did Fickell lie to Echowaker ?

Or, is Driskell just offering an unsubstantiated opinion absent any facts or concrete sources ?

Offensive Line Play

TelX
I agree the O line was terrible. But I noticed one thing during the game The SC defensive line and the backers were constantly shifting position to different gaps prior to snap and post snap SC also had exotic lane assignments.
I was pretty stunned by this as it was brilliant. My takeaway from the gxx a me is that Lincoln Reily is one hell of an innovative coach
He did things defensively that confused our line and totally stopped the run offensively he was genius. The first 3-4 plays were meant to also confuse our D. I immediately said it is going to be a long night for us on D

Who was the genius on ND who deferred and let SC have the ball ? Cannot believe that choice. Behind all night and it took us out of our game
Ski,
we we’re moving the ball and looking really good to start the second half, and The Rees fumble killed it. I Absolutely believed we were headed for a score, and deferring would have been a good call!

Funny comparison on my part, but Navy did the same constant shifting with their DL, and caused us problems. Navy also sold out 100% to stop the rum, which USC only did on obvious critical short yardage plays.

I had the same thought as to USC’s opening drive. They immediately threw us off stride with the creative variety they threw at us right out of the box.

As bad as the night felt and the game seemed, eliminate our two turnovers, and convert that 3rd and 1 on our first possession, and convert the 4th and 1 later with Evans, and we might still be celebrating.

Offensive Line Play

NOT TRUE !

You and others were highly critical of Pyne and his passing and you and others advocated for running, running and running the ball. No one stated that we should emphasize passing. Stop lying !
What games did we score a lot of offensive points and put up big yards? Games where we threw the ball well and ran it. Yes myself and others expected to run the ball well due to the fact that we’d be passing on them since they struggle in coverage. I thought a UNC type 2-4th quarter game plan running and throwing.

Navy could sell out and stop the run, so you’d have to know if usc sold out to stop the run, that you’d need to play action. Took rees 2 drives to figure out what was obvious, then we started easily marching down the field

Even though we lost vs. USC, I liked overall what I saw

I don't know, you're kind of making it sound like we pretty much won the game, but just a few too many bungles. The old 'we lost it our opponent didn't win it' line. I'm not sure anyone else on earth would have that takeaway other than, you know, ND fans. But we trailed the entire game, most of the time by double digits, and USC I guess had five drives of over 70 yards. So they definitely earned their points. And pretty much soundly achieved the victory across the board, hitting all their marks, as far as keys to victory.....

But there's always next year.....

Edit to add that after googling I see it was only four USC drives of 70 or more yards, but, close enough....
Yes that’s right. USC moved the ball at will like all but one of their games. It was going to take mistakes and turnovers to win and we didn’t get any but we had our hands on 2 or 3. On offense we put together some nice drives against their middling defense but they are know for creating turnovers all year and they cashed in 2. That was their formula all year and that was their formula on Saturday. They recovered their own fumble and broke up our interception with an offensive PI. At least a 10 point swing … and they cashed both of our turnovers in. Yeah I know that’s how football works … but this was not the usual drubbing we grew accustomed to when USC was dominating us under Pete Carroll.

Filter