ADVERTISEMENT

Will Shipley

I believe I provided a thorough and belabored account of how our conversation devolved and how it was initiated by your misinterpretations of the point I was attempting to make fueled by your propensity to become personally defensive when having your point refuted.

I also acknowledged that you dragged me down into the weeds and I have voiced my regret about this fact now three times.

Again, I will offer up a formal apology and just ask that you honestly and openly reflect on what I posted above which is a thorough account of how you choose to engage with me after our initial back and forth.

We can argue schematics on what does or doesn't not constitute a "personal attack" but it will still not deflect from the fact that you began to put your own personal spin on the points I was making, became frustrated, and then changed the tone and tenor from your initial post to me (which was perfectly fine and relaxed) to one where you became clearly frustrated and upset as I noted with the many examples in my post immediately prior to this one.

I regret now pointing out to you some of your hangups with engaging with people in a respectful and even keeled manner. I fear it has now exacerbated those symptoms even more.

Again, my sincerest apologies for providing you with some insights into your behavior. It has not been as well received by you as I would have hoped for. My wish is that with time you will learn to stop taking things on an internet message board so personally.

How can you evaluate someones emotions through a message board? Have I typed in all caps, cursed, used slander, used punctuation that would suggest that my mood or demeanor is anything other than straight forward and not aggressive? Is me refuting your claims and accusations towards me in someway a representation that I am not even keel? I think I have been nothing but perfectly pleasant as you have gone on your rant about your clear disdain for me as you have said things that are clearly personal and belittling. Again, I am not sensitive so I take it in stride as the only thing here that matters to me is making sure that my point gets across, which it has. Your antagonistic method and verbiage like "my sincerest apologies for providing you with some insights into your behavior. It has not been as well received by you as I would have hoped for. My wish is that with time you will learn to stop taking things on an internet message board so personally." exhibits arrogance and if I was outrageously angry and emotional like you have accused me of being, then would I be engaging in a polite manner? This has been nothing but personal attacks on me from you on the last 4 posts, challenging my character based on "posts" between me and other posters. It is completely preposterous that you find it necessary to try and give me lessons on life, engaging with others, attitude, demeanor or claim that I am some emotionally charged ill-tempered poster who scoffs at anyone who does not agree with me. If it is wrong of me to defend myself, and if that in your eyes proves your point, then so be it. However, that is not all the case as I have exhibited nothing other than the ability to have a debate amidst the constant provoking comments you have made. With comments such as: "I regret now pointing out to you some of your hangups with engaging with people in a respectful and even keeled manner. I fear it has now exacerbated those symptoms even more" what exactly is the point you are trying to make other than attempt to belittle me?

Wow, man. Just....wow. Moving forward, you better make sure that your "analysis" of literally anything is 1000% accurate and backed by incontrovertible facts, because if it's not, I'm going to personally bring down the hammer.

I'll start with all of your narcissistic and arrogant posts in this thread:

1. Your first post that started this whole debate was, "C'mon bro, don't be like that." That was in direct response to a reasonable question by Catholicfan asking why the comparison to McCaff was a bad thing. Instead, you literally TOLD Catholicfan exactly how he was comparing the two players...and that EXACT sentence was, "you are comparing the two players based on the color of their skin." You connected two dots that literally NEVER EXISTED. Catholicfan said the two were similar based on pretty much everything BUT the color of their skin. Then, when Catholicfan takes offense to you doing everything but call him a racist, you tell HIM in no uncertain terms to chill out. Hilarious.
  2. You end this ridiculous post with, "we should strive to be better." Dude. Who are you to sit there and cast judgment based upon meaning YOU ascribed to another person's posts? Am I the only person that sees how absurdly arrogant and a**-backwards this is?
  3. At no point in your response to Catholicfan did you delve into facts. You provided absolutely no thoughtful analysis of any statistics. Then you feel it appropriate to call his comparison "inane and lazy." Pick up a book, brother. Calling someone's comparison "inane" LITERALLY means that you are calling the comparison stupid. But that's not a personal attack? Again, that is hilariously hypocritical.
  4. You then say the comparison doesn't make a whole lot of sense to you, unless the mindset is that its based off being a highly-ranked white running back. Ok? So because your brain hurts to think about the comparison, that MUST mean that there can be NO other explanation other than it's based on skin complexion? Sheesh dude. Now who's analysis is inane?
  5. Then, Catholicfan gives you YET ANOTHER OUT, by simply stating, "I think your reaching for this to be an issue." Keep in mind, that sprinkled throughout this thread, that overwhelming majority of people have been taking NO ISSUE whatsoever with the comparison. To the contrary, most are agreeing. Using your infallible logic, most people MUST be basing it off the two players' skin color and nothing else, right?
  6. You then tell him to "take the L." Again...why instigate?
  7. "The football analyst and talent evaluator side of me is greatly offended." LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Get Somebody! Quick! Get this guy a job on ND's staff!
To add to all of this, Lance Taylor, WHO COACHED CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREY, said that they two were very similar. Your only rebuttal is that it's a useful recruiting tool. Talk about another lazy and inane argument.

Looking forward to your next "hot take."

And remember, whenever you post, I'm right around the corner to knock down that house of cards you've built in your glass house.

Talk soon.

Careful digging your hole--you're going to end up in China.

Take the L

Apparently you don’t know that McCaffrey is his favorite player and he has stated more than once he models his game after him and would love to be coached by Taylor who also coached McCaffrey. Stop looking for issues that aren’t there

Wow, man. Just....wow. Moving forward, you better make sure that your "analysis" of literally anything is 1000% accurate and backed by incontrovertible facts, because if it's not, I'm going to personally bring down the hammer.

I'll start with all of your narcissistic and arrogant posts in this thread:

1. Your first post that started this whole debate was, "C'mon bro, don't be like that." That was in direct response to a reasonable question by Catholicfan asking why the comparison to McCaff was a bad thing. Instead, you literally TOLD Catholicfan exactly how he was comparing the two players...and that EXACT sentence was, "you are comparing the two players based on the color of their skin." You connected two dots that literally NEVER EXISTED. Catholicfan said the two were similar based on pretty much everything BUT the color of their skin. Then, when Catholicfan takes offense to you doing everything but call him a racist, you tell HIM in no uncertain terms to chill out. Hilarious.
  2. You end this ridiculous post with, "we should strive to be better." Dude. Who are you to sit there and cast judgment based upon meaning YOU ascribed to another person's posts? Am I the only person that sees how absurdly arrogant and a**-backwards this is?
  3. At no point in your response to Catholicfan did you delve into facts. You provided absolutely no thoughtful analysis of any statistics. Then you feel it appropriate to call his comparison "inane and lazy." Pick up a book, brother. Calling someone's comparison "inane" LITERALLY means that you are calling the comparison stupid. But that's not a personal attack? Again, that is hilariously hypocritical.
  4. You then say the comparison doesn't make a whole lot of sense to you, unless the mindset is that its based off being a highly-ranked white running back. Ok? So because your brain hurts to think about the comparison, that MUST mean that there can be NO other explanation other than it's based on skin complexion? Sheesh dude. Now who's analysis is inane?
  5. Then, Catholicfan gives you YET ANOTHER OUT, by simply stating, "I think your reaching for this to be an issue." Keep in mind, that sprinkled throughout this thread, that overwhelming majority of people have been taking NO ISSUE whatsoever with the comparison. To the contrary, most are agreeing. Using your infallible logic, most people MUST be basing it off the two players' skin color and nothing else, right?
  6. You then tell him to "take the L." Again...why instigate?
  7. "The football analyst and talent evaluator side of me is greatly offended." LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Get Somebody! Quick! Get this guy a job on ND's staff!
To add to all of this, Lance Taylor, WHO COACHED CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREY, said that they two were very similar. Your only rebuttal is that it's a useful recruiting tool. Talk about another lazy and inane argument.

Looking forward to your next "hot take."

And remember, whenever you post, I'm right around the corner to knock down that house of cards you've built in your glass house.

Talk soon.

Umm, I find you to be a really scary individual and you appear to have a lot of pent up anger and frustration.

It's not cool to attempt to cyber bully people. Just not cool at all.

I sincerely hope that you are just frustrated by some other tangential thing in life and don't really intend to do all that you just said. That seems like a lot of work and will tie up an inordinate amount of free time within your busy day.

It's just an internet message board. This is supposed to be fun!

Please don't allow me to rent so much space in your head. Its just not worth it. Go forth and be merry!

Reactions: amazingreis
C'mon bro, don't be like that.

Why would you randomly compare a likely 5 star player from the south in the class of 2021 to a guy ranked in the 70s and 80s in the class of 2014 from Colorado?

You are comparing the two players because of the color of their skin.

If you were going to compare Shipley to a back in the 2014 class (not sure why anyone would randomly do that), Joe Mixon would make way more sense than McCaffrey. Shipley is a much more physical player than McCaffrey at this point in their careers.

If ND fans want a useful real world comparison for what Shipley will likely be like in college picture him as a bigger and stronger version of Theo Riddick with more top end speed. Or if you have been watching ND for a long time, Ricky Watters would be a comparable player except Shipley will be a bit more thick whereas Watters was more wirey strong.

It is highly unlikely that Shipley will develop into the pass receiver that McCaffrey is as he is arguably the best receiving running back in the history of the game. Right up there with Craig and Faulk.

On the flipside, Shipley will likely be a much more powerful and explosive runner than McCaffrey was in college and will be much more effective between the tackles. But still be a very good receiver, much like Joe Mixon was. Shipley is a very unique talent in that he will be a pretty powerful back in college but also bring a great edge game as well.

I really don't see too many similarities between the two except I guess above average pass catching abilities except like I said, McCaffrey is a very unique talent in that regard.

The Shipley to McCaffrey comparison is just quite frankly a very lazy and shallow analysis. And don't worry, you are not alone in that comparison. It's just human nature to a certain extent. But we should strive to be better.
maybe because Shipley didnt beat up a Co Ed in a bar

I agree with you whole heartedly. It’s not cool to cyber bully people. That’s why you should stop doing it. I’m simply here to make sure that you actually do, in fact, stop cyber bullying.

I sincerely hope you seek the help you need, brother. We are all here for support if you need it.

Umm, I find you to be a really scary individual and you appear to have a lot of pent up anger and frustration.

I sincerely hope that you are just frustrated by some other tangential thing in life and don't really intend to do all that you just said. That seems like a lot of work and will tie up an inordinate amount of free time within your busy day.

Please don't allow me to rent so much space in your head. Its just not worth it. Go forth and be merry!

Reactions: Catholicfan95
Uhh. The comparison and the fact that he idolizes Mcaffery and patterns his game after him, is one of the main reasons Lance Taylor and ND are in good shape to recruit him. Its not lazy. He makes the comparisons and speaks to it in interviews so do recruiting agencies...

your argument is more lazy than the comparison is relevant.
Guys guys guys, please. Remember, it's the new world we live in. Regardless of he does have similar traits to McCaffrey, some traits of Mixon, and little traits of Watters, it's only ok to compare him to players that aren't white. Sheesh. I mean just the other day I heard Charles Barkley compare Luka Doncic to Larry Bird, and I had to turn my TV off and take a shower to rinse off the obvious racism of that comparison. I mean, next thing we know, we're gonna start comparing Tyree to Jahvid Best, because they are both black. You guys make me sick.

Kid reminds me a lot of Christian McCaffrey, I would be elated to sign a kid like this. He is getting serious looks from Clemson, Bama and Ohio State so the race is on.
It confirms the coaches are, once again, going after the right guys
when those are the others vying for his services.

He'll look really good in a gold helmet and blue jersey.

What a 1-2 punch Shipley and Tyree will be...

:)

A couple things about ncsu...

More number 1 picks in last 15 years then Notre Dame.

Most nfl qbs currently from any college and had a ludicrous 4 starters at one point. Wilson, rivers, brissett, glennon, finley. ????

The entire defensive line was drafted two years ago

Ncsu doesnt win, but they do get top talents on occasion and get them to the nfl.

Shipley is also a legacy on both sides for ncsu. It is a very hard pull.

Brissett and Glennon were late year transfers....so theres that...Oh and he is a RB.

No problem. Now you know. You're welcome
Yeah... right. If I took any football advice from you I’d be 50% less knowledgeable. He reminds me of Josh Jacobs from Alabama. Just don’t see the CMC comparison. Tyree is a smaller version of him or Alvin kamara.

What are you? 12 years old? Why don't you call your mom? Unreal, you started all this crap and you've been Pwned!

Reactions: Catholicfan95
Yeah... right. If I took any football advice from you I’d be 50% less knowledgeable. He reminds me of Josh Jacobs from Alabama. Just don’t see the CMC comparison. Tyree is a smaller version of him or Alvin kamara.
Jacobs and kamara are 215-220lbs.... Tyree will probably not ever play over 200, not so I think he should. He will probably be used in the Cohen type role when the bears utilized him properly. 10ish carries and 5 ish catches per game. Once Tyree is ready for that. I could see a smaller Alvin kamara but he’s nothing like josh Jacobs. A smaller miles sanders but even he was a workhorse his senior last year in college.

Brissett and Glennon were late year transfers....so theres that...Oh and he is a RB.

Late transfers? Glennon was at ncsu four years champ he didnt transfer....so there is that.

Brissett started for two years at ncsu...so there is that.

Ncsu doesnt have an issue getting guys drafted....do some research. Its not a concern with shipley.

The coaching situation is...

Jacobs and kamara are 215-220lbs.... Tyree will probably not ever play over 200, not so I think he should. He will probably be used in the Cohen type role when the bears utilized him properly. 10ish carries and 5 ish catches per game. Once Tyree is ready for that. I could see a smaller Alvin kamara but he’s nothing like josh Jacobs. A smaller miles sanders but even he was a workhorse his senior last year in college.
I was comparing Shipley to Jacobs not Tyree. But actually I think Cohen is an A+ comparison to Tyree. Shipley runs with the same froward lean, same size, same athletic numbers as josh Jacobs coming out of high school. Jacobs was a running qb and not a refined rb coming out of high school but how he runs now reminds me of Shipley.

Reactions: NewMember21
If Clemson wants him, they will have him. Got to hope they land one of their higher priorities. Right now, he is around 5-8 on their board so chances are good they will pass.

But the NCSt threat is still very real and likely his ultimate destination.

Also, can we please stop with the McCaffrey comparisons? So cringe
No disrespect but I've got to correct you. Clemson has already filled it's one running back slot for '21 with Phil Maffah but Dabo has given Tony Elliott the green light for one oversign and that's Shipley so he's the only back Clemson will be recruiting the rest of the way.

No disrespect but I've got to correct you. Clemson has already filled it's one running back slot for '21 with Phil Maffah but Dabo has given Tony Elliott the green light for one oversign and that's Shipley so he's the only back Clemson will be recruiting the rest of the way.

I'd imagine ND will use the "only RB in the class" and Clemson's spot being an "oversign" while for us he's a priority recruit....to the best of our ability.

Should be a very hotly contested recruitment.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT