Nice two step.

Nice side shuffle.

"Yes. But the recruit does interviews."

"And people inside the Notre Dame facility talk."

"This is what the coaches think of him."

"These are things being told to him."

LMFAO.
Just email Marcus Freeman

One would have to take a deeper dive into Meadows season. Why did he have only 15 catches? Bad hands? Poor route runner? Bad attitude and didn't play much?
OR...maybe his HS didn't throw the ball much, maybe they are a running team? Were there upperclassmen who got more of the receptions? Maybe his QB is not good at throwing? Maybe OL cannot pass block so they didn't throw much?
Way too many variables to just write him off as a "project" based on his 15 receptions.
No issue taking meadows, this is more about bettis low upside

a lot happening on this thread. Just so that I’m clear and understand the narrative:

We all agree that Meadow has elite size and plus-speed. He’s a freak athlete with limited production, and while being a project initially, is absolutely an ND “take”?

a lot happening on this thread. Just so that I’m clear and understand the narrative:

We all agree that Meadow has elite size and plus-speed. He’s a freak athlete with limited production, and while being a project initially, is absolutely an ND “take”?
Common sense and logic is frowned upon here. Take that somewhere else.

Reactions: BGI User 756

Very high upside project, I’m all good taking meadows

Confused why we would take bettis, he’s a bigger project with limited upside

Very high upside project, I’m all good taking meadows

Confused why we would take bettis, he’s a bigger project with limited upside
You initially said Meadows lacked speed which was a ridiculous comment

Everyone knows why we would take Bettis

Reactions: BGI User 756
We have no clue if Jack Lange is a "Joe Alt- type player."

To say that is unfair to Jack Lange.
Actually I've read that in several posts from people like Tom Loy, Tim Prister... I'm not making it up.

Oh, and I'd like to add (since we're all watching the game) Kyle Hamilton was rated a 3* at this stage ('25 class) of his recruitment.

Actually I've read that in several posts from people like Tom Loy, Tim Prister... I'm not making it up.

Oh, and I'd like to add (since we're all watching the game) Kyle Hamilton was rated a 3* at this stage ('25 class) of his recruitment.
Like I said, reading clickbait posts from Tim Prister, etc, that Jack Lange is expected to be Joe Alt-like is, IMO, unfair to current junior in HS Jack Lange.

Last edited:

I said it would be two wrs on the slower side…. Meadows is far from a burner and bettis is just a name

Meadows doesn’t even have Tobias speed

I said it would be two wrs on the slower side…. Meadows is far from a burner and bettis is just a name

Meadows doesn’t even have Tobias speed
Meadows is a very fast wr and am elite athlete. You were wrong. It's okay to admit

Meadows is not on the slower side. That's a ridiculous comment

To your point, everyone knows why we would take Bettis.

If we didn’t take him, what would be the legitimate and real consequences? Is there any risk in giving him a preferred walk-on spot, initially?

What’s the real downside if we didn’t “take” JBJ?

If we didn’t take him, what would be the legitimate and real consequences? Is there any risk in giving him a preferred walk-on spot, initially?

If the coaching staff believes he is scholarship worthy, you take Bettis on full scholarship. Period. This isn't basketball.

Meadows is a very fast wr and am elite athlete. You were wrong. It's okay to admit

Meadows is not on the slower side. That's a ridiculous comment
Film says otherwise but I’ll be happy to say I’m wrong once it’s on film

I dont think he would take a preferred walk on spot, although that would be great. He has p5 offers. I just don't think the staff would do that. Would seem disrespectful

I dont think there is a risk. But I think they want that relationship with a HOF and great ND ambassador and man to continue and to use that association.

Just my guess

Reactions: IrishMike409
Film says otherwise but I’ll be happy to say I’m wrong once it’s on film
No it doesn't. The plays he does make are usually the big play variety. He averages over 26 ypc.

He doesn't have production. Yet he's a top 150 recruit

There's a reason for that. He's a freaky athlete

You're wrong

I dont think he would take a preferred walk on spot, although that would be great. He has p5 offers. I just don't think the staff would do that. Would seem disrespectful

I dont think there is a risk. But I think they want that relationship with a HOF and great ND ambassador and man to continue and to use that association.

Just my guess
85 scholarships. The risk is 0.0.

No it doesn't. The plays he does make are usually the big play variety. He averages over 26 ypc.

He doesn't have production. Yet he's a top 150 recruit

There's a reason for that. He's a freaky athlete

You're wrong
Offer list always says more than rankings

With that said, i'm 100% good landing meadows. Big time project with very big potential (could be a dud like Tobias or a stud like Claypool). I just don't think you also want to take another WR project same year, especially one like bettis with very limited upside.

Last edited:

With that said, i'm 100% good landing meadows. Big time project with very big potential (could be a dud like Tobias or a stud like Claypool). I just don't think you also want to take another WR project same year, especially one like bettis with very limited upside.
Replying to myself. Is that a thing, is that frowned upon?

I saw the video of him in Miami, still not a burner but very good overall athlete with huge catch radius and high upside. Clearly best film of him, but it's not in pads. You'd prefer to see it on game film, but you can't deny his high upside.

He's starting to blow up with other big time offers. Hope we land him.

Reactions: IrishMike409

Facts.. I saw 247 now has him as a 5 star in his class rankings, 15 overall.. I don’t recall him being a Top 15 player - did they re-rank?

How is his offer list now?

You were wrong from the beginning
He's not a burner, i was spot on because I wanted him but don't want a combination of him and Bettis. I was specific on not wanting bettis at all.

He finally showed the ability to make contested catches and use his size good athleticism (for his size). He doesn't have that on HS film. It's why he has good offers now.

With that said, if he becomes someone that can out run DBs and take the top off, i'll happily state I was wrong. He didn't show that at Miami (at least all the film out there).

He's not a burner, i was spot on because I wanted him but don't want a combination of him and Bettis. I was specific on not wanting bettis at all.

He finally showed the ability to make contested catches and use his size good athleticism (for his size). He doesn't have that on HS film. It's why he has good offers now.

With that said, if he becomes someone that can out run DBs and take the top off, i'll happily state I was wrong. He didn't show that at Miami (at least all the film out there).
He has very good speed. That's not debatable. Everyone who has watched him has seen it but you

You can't teach 6'6" 4.5 speed who can jump

Hes also a track star by the way

He has very good speed. That's not debatable. Everyone who has watched him has seen it but you

So was Tobias, but he didn't play fast.

With that said, Tobias never showed any film of making contested catches using his length like meadows did at miami.

If meadows has the ability or develops the ability to play that way with his Pads on he could be a really really good one.

I was completely wrong on Tobias, so i'm not getting too excited yet if we land him

Last edited:
He just predicted Blair to ND. Thought we had kind of given up on him since we already have one elite safety and one that could become a high level starter. If we get Blair, Golden, and Zackery this secondary class will be legendary

So was Tobias, but he didn't play fast.

With that said, Tobias never showed any film of making contested catches using his length like meadows did at miami.

If meadows has the ability or develops the ability to play that way with his Pads on he could be a really really good one.

I was completely wrong on Tobias, so i'm not getting too excited yet if we land him
If Marcus Freeman and Mike Denbrock are excited about the kid, that is all that matters.

Best event by far is the 300 Hurdles, Derek Meadows possesses elite athleticism in TF for his age. He's not a prolific 100 meter guy. Better at longer sprints.

And you are correct, he has very good speed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT