ADVERTISEMENT

opt outs

melstew

All Star
Feb 2, 2005
From time to time I will make a wager. I find Phil Steele's magazine almost as helpful as F+ (jk) in making early season picks. But the Action Networks opt-out page is like having a crystal ball. For our purposes, the Beavs have some big opt outs (including DJ and the coaches) but how about this gem: "Notre Dame will be without 11 of its top 12 offensive players in terms of snap counts." Add to that Marist and the 3 corners (although we have depth there), and that is some serious opting out.

From time to time I will make a wager. I find Phil Steele's magazine almost as helpful as F+ (jk) in making early season picks. But the Action Networks opt-out page is like having a crystal ball. For our purposes, the Beavs have some big opt outs (including DJ and the coaches) but how about this gem: "Notre Dame will be without 11 of its top 12 offensive players in terms of snap counts." Add to that Marist and the 3 corners (although we have depth there), and that is some serious opting out.
I am really curious how many points the Notre Dame offense will score in this game.

How does this better the game?

Agreed--perhaps some mistakes, but hopefully some glimpses of a positive future.
In what Way?
These opt out have the potential to totally wreck someone who waited their turn to play only to be set aside for someone who didn't originally commit to ND.
Any kind of projecting the future on who was recruited is cast aside at the end of each season so they can screw over someone they recruited to pick up someone who they think is better than the guy they recruited though that person turned down ND when they initially try to recruit them.....and then pay him if that wasn't crazy enough

In what Way?
These opt out have the potential to totally wreck someone who waited their turn to play only to be set aside for someone who didn't originally commit to ND.
Any kind of projecting the future on who was recruited is cast aside at the end of each season so they can screw over someone they recruited to pick up someone who they think is better than the guy they recruited though that person turned down ND when they initially try to recruit them.....and then pay him if that wasn't crazy enough
The Stoics focus on acquiescence in the world as it is, searching out new opportunities in that changing landscape, and looking for ways to self improve (physically, mentally, and morally).

Reactions: deadirishpoet
The Stoics focus on acquiescence in the world as it is, searching out new opportunities in that changing landscape, and looking for ways to self improve (physically, mentally, and morally).
As poetic as that might be it doesn't change the fact of someone whose endured seasons of practices and paid their dues was looked over for someone who was probably offered an opportunity to come to ND and turned it down, but now has the opportunity for a season to elevate athletic career
It breeds discontent

Reactions: melstew
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT