ADVERTISEMENT

Who is next ND recruit to sign?

you mean commit, not sign. But, it might be a while. Looks like a few targets are very deliberate in going through the process. Maybe we will get some word on expectations from ND35 (when he returns from the Spa).

I suspect it'll be Cary Angeline, TE from Pennsylvania. He's listed as a 3 star, but after watching his youtube highlights, I can't understand why. This kid is 6'7" and very athletic. Mostly plays WR a lot like Tyler Eifert did. Wherever he ends up, he'll likely need to redshirt, put on weight and learn how to get in a 3 point stance and block, but the ceiling on this kid is sky high. Also has an impressive list of offers too.

35 might have better info later but this is what i'm hearing and have guesses on from following recruiting closely. top 7 OT from WI ben bredeson could be a top candidate because he really loved his visit recently and plus coach HH is really selling him hard on playing with top ten o-line guys tommy kraemer and liam eichenberg and plus he has us in his top two with some experts liking our chances. top ten overall TE 6-7 cary angeline from PA could also be considered a top candidate depending on how his visit went this weekend. cary visited before with his dad and now wanted to visit with his mom and sister. we were the team to possibly beat for top ten DE khalid kareem from MI but he visited bama this weekend for there spring game and now there the team to beat as its being reported that mom and dad got sold on bama's academics and got sold on coach saban after spending some quality time with him
This post was edited on 4/20 1:19 PM by coolirish9

C9: looks like 4 OL this go around.
But the big 'get' need is the crusher at DE; ND cannot miss on this, this time around.

Reactions: ndaustin
yes pers we do need to get a big time DE. I've read that the coaching staff is now starting to get top 5 DE josh king from the Chicago area back to considering us hard again but everybody has offered him it seems so who knows where this goes with him

Hope all is well with 35. Not like him to pass on observations from the game or Liam's commit.

Don't believe King or Robertson will ND bound in Feb. If signing day was today ND wouldn't get either.

I really want MI DE khalid kareem who I spoke of in a post earlier but his parents this weekend got sold on bama's academics from what I read somewhere while at there spring football game. he is a top ten DE

I really want MI DE khalid kareem who I spoke of in a post earlier but his parents this weekend got sold on bama's academics from what I read somewhere while at there spring football game. he is a top ten DE

If the parents were sold on bama academics, then it's doubtful education is a huge priority.

Hope all is well with 35. Not like him to pass on observations from the game or Liam's commit.

From another thread, looks like 35 isn't too happy with this new format and may "move on".

I think this is a unique time where there is not that 1 prospect out there that ND fans can be very confident in for being part of this class; the past few years there was always that 1 guy at any point in time fans thought would be Irish; not so at this time. But as season nears maybe the targets change and things become more clear.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT