ADVERTISEMENT

When your transfers are going to Bama and OSU

If you can’t see how much better Hartman is than Buchner then I don’t know what your are watching. Marshall. Marshall!! Turnover machine vs USC bowl game replacements. More of the same problems in the BG scrimmage. You wanted to start this guy this year?
You’re missing the point, you’re gonna bring in a guy for 1 year to go 9-3 rather than developing a guy with higher upside who has 3 years left. TB started 3 games and you’ve made your decision, how did Hartmans first 3 starts go back in 2014? Waiting

It blows my mind that there’s a minority on the board that is seems almost angry we brought in Hartman. Their reasoning is “Buchner was a top 100 recruit.” Uhhh, who cares? Recruiting rankings overrate kids all the time.

It’s almost impossible to know if a kid has “peaked” in high school or will continue to progress and improve.

JT Daniel’s was the next coming of Christ.
5 star. Will Levis was the #31 ranked QB out of high school. Daniel’s is playing at Rice next year and Levis is in the NFL.

I hope Buchner progresses into a great QB, but he hasn’t shown anything at ND to indicate that’s happening. It appears he’s shown some ability in practice. Idk about the rest of you but I don’t care if we go undefeated in practice. *insert Iverson practice rant*

I just want to beat Ohio State & Marshall.
Some people were angry Kelly brought in Coan, didn't like him and downplayed his contribution.

Why isn't Buckner starting? What about Pyne? The team loves him.

And on and on it went every time Coan got sacked. Pure nonsense as I saw it. All things considered, Coan carried the team at times and brought it back in several games. His stats were great and he never lost his cool.

There's an old corporate saw from back in the 70's called NIH. It means NOT INVENTED HERE. And just as Coan wasn't an ORIGINAL ND GUY, so isn't HARTMAN, and there will always be a segment of the fanbase that will resent what they consider UNANOINTED INTERLOPERS as compared to ND's putatively more PRISTINE, HAND-PICKED recruits.

It's a kind of PREJUDICE and, worse, in terms of today's TOTALLY FLUID style of ROSTER BUILDING, a PALEO-ANACHRONISM,

for playing time, could it be a sign that your talent pool is trending in the right direction? ND transfers used to go to MAC schools to play.

Or are some of the better players (on offense in particular) transferring because they lack confidence in the new OC?
bump

You’re missing the point, you’re gonna bring in a guy for 1 year to go 9-3 rather than developing a guy with higher upside who has 3 years left. TB started 3 games and you’ve made your decision, how did Hartmans first 3 starts go back in 2014? Waiting
Hartman is more talented than Buchner. Buchner isn’t a qb mentally.

I assume Hartman did really well in middle school in 2014.

If we go 9-3 this year seat should be getting warm for freeman.

As far as the quarterback position goes at ND....its almost as if there has been a culture of pedestrianism over the past couple of decades. Average quarterbacks seem to have dominated the program. I blame coaches of course. Anyhow...."breaking out" of that culture was bound to be painful....generating controversy and disagreement. I think thats where we are....breaking out. What is ahead at the position looks more promising than it has since Claussen, imo. I want better results, though. That will require depth and commitment by the coaching staff....to always play the best under center...regardless of the portal. Its what the elite programs do as standard operating procedure.

He’s never going to be an NFL talent. Bama might view him as a stick mover. He’s got a degree of Tebow in there somewhere. That said, I think he ends up at Stanford or SDSU.

Bama fans ain’t putting up with that shit. They’re way worse than ND fans.
Nick Saban.

Hartman is more talented than Buchner. Buchner isn’t a qb mentally.

I assume Hartman did really well in middle school in 2014.

If we go 9-3 this year seat should be getting warm for freeman.
Grow up clown.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelso86
Players have always been willing to wait their turn for playing time at schools like Texas, Bama, USC, etc. They aren’t willing to wait at ND. It has been that way for a long time.
How long ?

Buchner following Rees to Alabama is pretty self explanatory, but Styles is coming home to OSU as a walk on.. so make of that what you will
Styles was a transfer waiting to happen. I wish him well, BUT I haven't liked anything OSU since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I wish him well, but not OSU football. SO make of that what you will.

If ND was smart. SH will play keep away from the other teams offense. The talent gap is still there, but his accuracy is good enough to move the chains with repos. USC, OSU, Clemson. Keep their offense off of the field. ND wins the time of possession with a big offensive line and bevy of backs pounding the defense especially our bull dozer Audric by the 4th quarter the defense will be gassed. Bully ball for ND and for the first time in a long time ND has the QB to do it. Who cares if you win ugly as long as you win. Just move the sticks and on occasion go deep

If ND was smart. SH will play keep away from the other teams offense. The talent gap is still there, but his accuracy is good enough to move the chains with repos. USC, OSU, Clemson. Keep their offense off of the field. ND wins the time of possession with a big offensive line and bevy of backs pounding the defense especially our bull dozer Audric by the 4th quarter the defense will be gassed. Bully ball for ND and for the first time in a long time ND has the QB to do it. Who cares if you win ugly as long as you win. Just move the sticks and on occasion go deep

I think that's the way Bama is going to play this year too.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Buchner following Rees to Alabama is pretty self explanatory, but Styles is coming home to OSU as a walk on.. so make of that what you will
What do you mean as a walk-on, wtf are you talking about? You mean Lorenzo Styles, tOSU legacy, and former elite consensus top 100 recruit who got tons of playing time and was even a starter at a top program like ND as a true frosh and sophomore....

And now he's walking on and paying his own effin' way at tOSU like some chump bitch? That doesn't make any sense.....

When your transfers you thought would start on your team go to other teams to ride the bench (may or may not happen) what does that say.

TBD obviously but nd actually has a better qb than bama and better corners than osu …. Wr need to get osu wr transfers and bama lb/dl transfers

“I was listening to a Wake Forest podcast after the Hartman transfer where they had a local team of media/analyst on; their overwhelming sentiment of the Hartman departure was that they were appreciative of the time served and the production to keep things running, but were really happy to see said player move on because they were hoping someone else on the roster might offer more upside at QB moving forward.

Sound pretty familiar? Kind of how ND fans were feeling about the departures of Book, Coan, Pyne, etc.”

This is probably made up but if it isn’t, wake fans are dumber than you if they’re “really happy Hartman moved on”. And most ND fans weren’t feeling the same way when book or coan left, just you recruiting star geeks.

“I was listening to a Wake Forest podcast after the Hartman transfer where they had a local team of media/analyst on; their overwhelming sentiment of the Hartman departure was that they were appreciative of the time served and the production to keep things running, but were really happy to see said player move on because they were hoping someone else on the roster might offer more upside at QB moving forward.

Sound pretty familiar? Kind of how ND fans were feeling about the departures of Book, Coan, Pyne, etc.”

This is probably made up but if it isn’t, wake fans are dumber than you if they’re “really happy Hartman moved on”. And most ND fans weren’t feeling the same way when book or coan left, just you recruiting star geeks.
That was one of the stupidest, blatantly shit-stirring posts that guy's ever made. Now we're supposed to question ourselves, and lose all hope in the future because of some half-ass WF fans who don't like SH none too much after all.

Overwhelming sentiment, he said. Overwhelming.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT