ADVERTISEMENT

The demise of the PAC-12 was no coincidence

NDinNJ

I've posted how many times?
Nov 23, 2018
I could be wrong, but with the 12 team playoff kicking off next year, I believe there was pressure being applied to get down to 4 power conferences, to consolidate the P5 to P4

Think about this for a minute, the new 12 team format will give the top 4 conference champions the top 4 seeds which includes a bye. Then 6 at-large bids and then 2 spots for the highest ranking conference champions.

Prior to the PAC-12 imploding, we had 5 P5 conferences, which could have created a problem with the 12 team format. Why wouldn't there be a push to consolidate the P5 to a P4? This makes the 12 team playoff seeding nice and clean, the 4 power conference champions get the top 4 seeds, and filling the rest of the bracket is easy. It includes 2 highest ranked Group of 5 conference champions and 6 at-large teams.

Like I said I could be wrong, but it's strange the PAC-12 was raided a year before the new playoff is to start.

I could be wrong, but with the 12 team playoff kicking off next year, I believe there was pressure being applied to get down to 4 power conferences, to consolidate the P5 to P4

Think about this for a minute, the new 12 team format will give the top 4 conference champions the top 4 seeds which includes a bye. Then 6 at-large bids and then 2 spots for the highest ranking conference champions.

Prior to the PAC-12 imploding, we had 5 P5 conferences, which could have created a problem with the 12 team format. Why wouldn't there be a push to consolidate the P5 to a P4? This makes the 12 team playoff seeding nice and clean, the 4 power conference champions get the top 4 seeds, and filling the rest of the bracket is easy. It includes 2 highest ranked Group of 5 conference champions and 6 at-large teams.

Like I said I could be wrong, but it's strange the PAC-12 was raided a year before the new playoff is to start.
3 things
Newsome
Helton
Covid

Reactions: NDinNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT