ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Hartman - Opting out of Sun Bowl

No. People like you say it's a non issue. No players have a problem with it

That's not true. Even if it's a small minority ( which neither of us know) its still an issue to some
You keep saying it's an issue, yet there are 0 instances of anybody reporting on it. Explain to me how there are all kinds of other things that are reported on, even as relatively insignificant issues, yet there's nothing reported on players having a problem with opt outs. Make that make sense.

“If it were a thing, at some point there would be articles written about it. Obviously it's only a thing in the minds of fans.”

Quit while you’re only behind a substantial amount instead of a gargantuan amount.

You keep saying it's an issue, yet there are 0 instances of anybody reporting on it. Explain to me how there are all kinds of other things that are reported on, even as relatively insignificant issues, yet there's nothing reported on players having a problem with opt outs. Make that make sense.
I said it's an issue for some

The fact that nothing is 100% tells us that is an issue to some

Even when one terrorist country bombs the crap out of a non terrorist country, there's still people who agree with the terrorist country

Point is nothing is 100% in life. It is a problem to some because that's life

The game isn't all that important. Now the extra practices ? That's what the coaches relish the most.
100% I don't care if minchey and Angeli play in the game. But they should be getting reps with the first team...as should carr if he came early as expected.

100% I don't care if minchey and Angeli play in the game. But they should be getting reps with the first team...as should carr if he came early as expected.
One of them most likely starts. They will be getting plenty of reps

Why do you dodge the post I replied to you on?
Desmond Howard clearly said people are talking about it.
I know that hurts your narrative, but you are sounding silly now

The game isn't all that important. Now the extra practices ? That's what the coaches relish the most.
The game isn't all that important to who?

If you truly believe that would you walk in any bowls game locker room that is not a playoff team, and tell each team that prior to taking the field this game isn't all that important, and then stick around for the response?

“If it were a thing, at some point there would be articles written about it. Obviously it's only a thing in the minds of fans.”

Quit while you’re only behind a substantial amount instead of a gargantuan amount.
Interesting that you and others stick to it be some huge issue that needs to be addressed, but you won't answer that question.

I said it's an issue for some

The fact that nothing is 100% tells us that is an issue to some

Even when one terrorist country bombs the crap out of a non terrorist country, there's still people who agree with the terrorist country

Point is nothing is 100% in life. It is a problem to some because that's life
An issue for some who never speak out about it = A NON-ISSUE.

This isn't a big deal. If you aren't in the playoffs a bowl game is about practicing for next year, not ending this year.

Sad to some, but that is how college football works now.

Hartman playing doest help us for next year. And possibly hurts his future. He has 6 years of tape, so it's not going to help him to play. It's better for ND to give practice and live reps to guys that can contribute next year to see what we have.

Reactions: notredamerises23
This isn't a big deal. If you aren't in the playoffs a bowl game is about practicing for next year, not ending this year.

Hartman playing doest help us for next year. And possibly hurts his future. He has 6 years of tape, so it's not going to help him to play. It's better for ND to give practice and live reps to guys that can contribute next year to see what we have.
It's been that way for a while. I don't think this is anything new.

Who said it’s a “huge” or “major” issue? There’s a couple of you saying it’s not happening because there aren’t any stories about it. That’s dumb. Give it up, already.

It helps the irish chances of winning the bowl game

So you believe the player believe the bowl means little to them
9-4...10-3 no difference
Ending their football career with a win means little to those who are graduating?
If its all about practice for next year why would they even show up then?

BTW Hartman could of got hurt in the Stanford game as well yet he played

So you believe the player believe the bowl means little to them
9-4...10-3 no difference
I’m sure they would all like to be 10 game winners, but I don’t think it’s that big of a deal to them, as much it is for fans to talk about numbers.
Ending their football career with a win means little to those who are graduating?
I’m sure they all want to end with the win, but I also think that they believe they can win with a quarterback other than Sam Hartman. Also, in this specific situation, Oregon State is going to be playing without anybody really, so it doesn’t matter whom we start aT quarterback.
If its all about practice for next year why would they even show up then?
From a program standpoint, it’s all about the practices and developing players — what happens in a bowl game especially against an opponent that’s not going to have any of their players is really inconsequential. I’m sure the players want to win and the coaches want to win, but I’m sure they feel that they can win with what they have, and don’t need the players who are going to sit out..

Last edited:
I’m not saying a tree falling is a major issue. I’m saying/asking because it wasn’t reported on it never happened?
You are asking a question that's not relevant to what I have been saying. Using that analogy, I made it relevant to what I have been saying.

Let me make it clear again:

Someone made a statement that the opt outs are a problem that needs to be fixed. I said (and have said it multiple times in several different ways) that the opt outs are only an issue for fans and that it's not something that players are worried about. On a scale of 1-10, the average player is probably worried about opt outs at about 2.5. It barely registers. In other words, they have many more things about which they are much more concerned. Fans are the ones who are all worked up by the opt outs, not players.

I’m sure they would all like to be 10 game winners, but I don’t think it’s that big of a deal to them, as much it is for fans to talk about numbers.

I’m sure they all want to end with the win, but I also think that they believe they can win with a quarterback other than Sam Hartman. Also, in this specific situation, Oregon State is going to be playing without anybody really, so it doesn’t matter whom we start aT quarterback.

From a program standpoint, it’s all about the practices and developing players — what happens in a bowl game especially against an opponent that’s not going to have any of their players is really inconsequential. I’m sure the players want to win and the coaches want to win, but I’m sure they feel that they can win with what they have, and don’t need the players who are going to sit out..

That's a reasonable response though I believe it means great deal more to them than what you believe
But if these bowls are so meaningless as you believe they should just do away with them instead of putting players at risk for no reason, and a cost burden to the fans. It would be irresponsible of the universities to continue this madness.
After all It's all about the 2%

Reactions: francade
You are asking a question that's not relevant to what I have been saying. Using that analogy, I made it relevant to what I have been saying.

Let me make it clear again:

Someone made a statement that the opt outs are a problem that needs to be fixed. I said (and have said it multiple times in several different ways) that the opt outs are only an issue for fans and that it's not something that players are worried about. On a scale of 1-10, the average player is probably worried about opt outs at about 2.5. It barely registers. In other words, they have many more things about which they are much more concerned. Fans are the ones who are all worked up by the opt outs, not players.
And you are dodging a question I asked that is relevant.

Did I ever say it was a huge issue

Swing and a miss
My initial comment was addressing someone saying that it's an issue that needs to change. I said that it's not. If you agree with me that's it's not, THEN WHY THE **** DO YOU KEEP PUSHING BACK ON WHAT THE **** I AM SAYING?

My initial comment was addressing someone saying that it's an issue that needs to change. I said that it's not. If you agree with me that's it's not, THEN WHY THE **** DO YOU KEEP PUSHING BACK ON WHAT THE **** I AM SAYING?
4-4-3.

Because there aren't any pissed off players.

Michael Mayer was welcome on the sideline last season when Notre Dame played South Carolina?

Why? Because the players 100% supported MM protecting his financial future, just like this team supports Audric Estime, Joe Alt, Sam Hartman, and Blake Fisher..
Exactly the point that I have been making. Only the fans are butt hurt about players opting out.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Because you responded to what I am saying by using what other people are saying.

You should stop doing that

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT