ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Hartman - Opting out of Sun Bowl

How the stupid love to use analogies they think are so clever, but really just show a lack of understanding for the situation.

All you had to say is that just because we don't hear about it doesn't mean it's not happening. The problem is that IT'S NEVER BEEN REPORTED ONCE AS BEING AN ISSUE. No, you will not gaslight me into believing that this has actually been a problem in college football locker rooms, but it's been kept hush hush every single time.
Ummm... wasn't replying to you there buttercup.

You're full of shit. Sam Hartman can do as he damn well pleases as it relates to his professional future, just like his teammates can. He doesn't owe you, me, or Notre Dame anything if he believes that sitting out the bowl game is best for his professional future.
Yes- and if you were paying attention, I said dozens of messages ago that it’s his choice, and he’ll do what he wants to do, and no amount of message board bitching will impact that.

You gotta pay better attention in here. You’re so obsessed with picking fights and making snarky comments…..you’re not even reading the full threads. Slow down and take in the info.

Sam’s decision, is a soft one. He’s soft, if he’s decided to not play. Hope you’re not too offended by that.

How the stupid love to use analogies they think are so clever, but really just show a lack of understanding for the situation.

All you had to say is that just because we don't hear about it doesn't mean it's not happening. The problem is that IT'S NEVER BEEN REPORTED ONCE AS BEING AN ISSUE. No, you will not gaslight me into believing that this has actually been a problem in college football locker rooms, but it's been kept hush hush every single time.
So players keep it in house instead of running to ESPN means it didn't happen....got it

Reactions: NDblitz
Exactly. "Let me look like the bad guy by calling a guy out for opting out publicly" :rolleyes:

Yes- and if you were paying attention, I said dozens of messages ago that it’s his choice, and he’ll do what he wants to do, and no amount of message board bitching will impact that.

You gotta pay better attention in here. You’re so obsessed with picking fights and making snarky comments…..you’re not even reading the full threads. Slow down and take in the info.

Sam’s decision, is a soft one. He’s soft, if he’s decided to not play. Hope you’re not too offended by that.
It's not like he's played 6 season and could of went last year into the NFL

Reactions: IrishMike409
Hey punk, never said you were.

Sure thing partner! Better to be STUPID than unaccountable.

Sure thing partner! Better to be STUPID than unaccountable.
Better to be smart and accountable. You are neither.

If I’m a teammate it would bug the hell out of me.
Absolutely
It's human nature
Like I posted....this is their moment so if not for you do it for them and I imagine they did ponder it until someone whose job it was to protect their interest got in their ear
BTW I'm not lost on the idea of being injured, but then if it was that big a scare why oh why wouldn't they sit out the Stanford game as well.
You want to speak about the chance of getting injured for no reason it was the Stanford game

Reactions: Pennick4

"He's soft." Describe your CFB career.

Absolutely
It's human nature
Like I posted....this is their moment so if not for you do it for them and I imagine they did ponder it until someone whose job it was to protect their interest got in their ear
BTW I'm not lost on the idea of being injured, but then if it was that big a scare why oh why wouldn't they sit out the Stanford game as well.
You want to speak about the chance of getting injured for no reason it was the Stanford game
Agree 1000%

"Soft."

LMFAO.
You come here daily, respond immediately and pick personal fights with whoever will engage.

You seem bored, depressed and lonely. I feel bad for you, and don’t want to continue this. We both made our points.

I’m not gonna come back here, but I’m sure I’ll run into you in the next thread. No hard feelings.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
You come here daily, respond immediately and pick personal fights with whoever will engage.

You seem bored, depressed and lonely. I feel bad for you, and don’t want to continue this. We both made our points.

I’m not gonna come back here, but I’m sure I’ll run into you in the next thread. No hard feelings.
Soft.

What the hell does that matter?
It matters because you are inserting yourself into it talking about what would bother you. If you haven't played at that level, what would bother you is pretty much irrelevant, just as what would bother me is irrelevant.

The posters that think that players don’t care at all when the star players opt out are telling us that it doesn’t happen because we aren’t hearing about it? lol. No, they’re happy as shit that their teammates are giving them a worse chance of winning. How far up the players asses that are opting out can you guys get?

The posters that think that players don’t care at all when the star players opt out are telling us that it’s doesn’t happen because we aren’t hearing about it? lol. No, they’re happy as shit that their teammates are giving them a worse chance of winning. How far up the players asses that are opting out can you guys get?
The point is that THEY ARE IN SUPPORT OF THEIR TEAMMATES rather than being mad that they are opting out. They are happy for their teammates because many of them hope to make it to the league themselves. Some players know that the NFL isn't a possibility and it's ok. The rest of the players are just working toward their chance.

Reactions: notredamerises23
The posters that think that players don’t care at all when the star players opt out are telling us that it doesn’t happen because we aren’t hearing about it? lol. No, they’re happy as shit that their teammates are giving them a worse chance of winning. How far up the players asses that are opting out can you guys get?
Honestly, I don't think they really care. There might be a few hard-core dudes that get bothered by it. But by and large I truly don't think they care at all, and have no reaction. That would be my guess. Other than, they wish they were in the shoes of the players that are gonna get drafted, and hope to be in that position themselves one day...

Reactions: NDOnTheRoad
“The point is that THEY ARE IN SUPPORT OF THEIR TEAMMATES rather than being mad that they are opting out. They are happy for their teammates because many of them hope to make it to the league themselves. Some players know that the NFL isn't a possibility and it's ok. The rest of the players are just working toward their chance.”

1.7 % of college players make it to the nfl. So you may be right that a small, minute portion has those feelings, but to try and convince all of us that all the players don’t care when the star player opts out is a huge stretch. And just ftr, I understand the risks (even though plenty of players have gotten hurt and played long nfl careers, a la Willis McGahee). Even Jaylon played and made millions. Could he have made more? No doubt. But this idea that a player is risking his career by playing is a bit overblown because there’s a very small chance of a career ending injury to happen. So while I understand opting out, please don’t try and peddle this BS that their teammates don’t care.

“Honestly, I don't think they really care. There might be a few hard-core dudes that get bothered by it. But by and large I truly don't think they care at all, and have no reaction. That would be my guess. Other than, they wish they were in the shoes of the players that are gonna get drafted, and hope to be in that position themselves one day...”

You are most certainly entitled to that opinion, savvy. I respectfully disagree.

“Honestly, I don't think they really care. There might be a few hard-core dudes that get bothered by it. But by and large I truly don't think they care at all, and have no reaction. That would be my guess. Other than, they wish they were in the shoes of the players that are gonna get drafted, and hope to be in that position themselves one day...”

You are most certainly entitled to that opinion, savvy. I respectfully disagree.
The players don't care, never have. On any team, not just Notre Dame. Why would any player or teammate object to a teammate who wants to protect his professional and financial future.

“The players don't care, never have. On any team, not just Notre Dame. Why would any player or teammate object to a teammate who wants to protect his professional and financial future”

That’s your opinion & not everybody thinks like you.

Reactions: Golson5
“The players don't care, never have. On any team, not just Notre Dame. Why would any player or teammate object to a teammate who wants to protect his professional and financial future”

That’s your opinion & not everybody thinks like you.
If you can find a quote from a CFB player, any CFB player, criticizing or disagreeing with a teammate opting out for the NFL Draft, pass it along.

I have never seen one.

Reactions: notredamerises23
“If you can find a quote from a CFB player, any CFB player, criticizing or disagreeing with a teammate opting out for the NFL Draft, pass it along.

I have never seen one.”

I don’t need to find a quote to prove something pretty obvious to some. Like I said, not everyone thinks like you do.

“If you can find a quote from a CFB player, any CFB player, criticizing or disagreeing with a teammate opting out for the NFL Draft, pass it along.

I have never seen one.”

I don’t need to find a quote to prove something pretty obvious to some. Like I said, not everyone thinks like you do.
Of course you won't. They don't exist.

“Of course you won't. They don't exist.”

Yeah, I’m sure they’re gonna run to the press and tell them how pissed they are. lol. Keep sticking your head in the sand thinking players aren’t disappointed their teammates opted out. Again, you think that every player thinks like you do, some may, some don’t. Why you think it’s an absolute is weird.

This is the impact of crap coaching, leading to crap losses, leading to a crap bowl, vs a crap opponent.

This is what happens when you have to start tosh baker(terrible) at LT and Wagner (not ready) at RT

This is what happens when you lose your 3 wrs with the most snaps played this season

Honestly, i'm shocked he was going to play in any bowl game that wasn't CFP, but I guess a game vs LSU as was expected would have been big enough.

Freeman has failed 2 years in a row coaching. He's doing a phenomenal job building the roster on paper through recruiting HS and portal, but can't get a full quality staff, and he can't coach. If we're not 10-2 or better and in CFP with our easy schedule next year, he has to be gone!
and your point is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT