ADVERTISEMENT

Running Backs

“I remember Lebron tweeting about how ND was overrated and Oregon should have been in the championship. That holds a lot of wait.”

Really? A lebron tweet saying Oregon should’ve been there instead of ND “holds a lot of weight”? How is that? He should stick to hoops if he thought they should’ve put a 1 loss Oregon team in front of an undefeated #1 ranked ND team. F Lebron!
now i love lebron as an athlete and a human being but who cares what he thinks ? everyone has an opinion. not sure why every non positive opinion of notre dame upsets people so much.

Reactions: zonairish
“I remember Lebron tweeting about how ND was overrated and Oregon should have been in the championship. That holds a lot of wait.”

Really? A lebron tweet saying Oregon should’ve been there instead of ND “holds a lot of weight”? How is that? He should stick to hoops if he thought they should’ve put a 1 loss Oregon team in front of an undefeated #1 ranked ND team. F Lebron!

The problem with celebs having an opinion or anyone saying there were teams better than the Irish in 2012. That may be true but the Irish were 12-0 other than Kansas State who should of been there. Actually I thought the NC game should have been Irish vs KS. We win that one.

Jones is not AP. He’s also not as good as at least 8 starting RBs we will face this year.
Jones is slow, and far from explosive. Notre Dame should be recruiting so much better on that front especially with the offensive lineman they usually haul in.

Last edited:
overweight ? how so ?
I shouldn't have said overweight, he's lost most of the weight he had when he came in, I'll edit it out. That being said the rest still stands he is simply not an elite talent at running back and Notre Dame should be doing better.

The BGI staff did interviews with Chip Long about each position group. When talking RBs,
two things Chip Long said (or didn’t say):

1) Long never once mentioned Dexter Williams. He talked about every other RB, including Armstrong & Avery Davis, but didn’t even mention Dex. The BGI staff noted that Dex’s future is definitely in question.

2) Chip Long loves Tony Jones. He did talk a little about his Tony let’s the criticism get to him & he gets too high & too low from it. That when he just goes out & plays (like in practice) & attacks, he is a great RB. But he needs to ignore everyone (ND fans) & have confidence in himself.

Reactions: Pennick4
You're full of crap. He was responding to ChiTown. Talk about stupid, you're driving the bus.

Cavanaugh appreciate the support. Some posters here think they are smarter than everyone and some I have criticized. But some of these guys i may have been to harsh on but at least these guys come with some good info. The problem with bug is he thinks he is smarter than everyone but has zero info that can be added to the conversation. He is the smartest idiot in the class.

Love to see you buddy up with this guy .... classsiest guy in the board ... LOL! .... birds of a feather .... this is when you're really desperate for support .... explains a lot ..... :)

Dude, get so new material, I never had a "tearful goodbye." Hilarious. Answer a question, did all of my other aliases know that you were a scumbag, a true POS. becuse if they did then I am ok with having those other 50 aliases. Except the Penn State one. Don't group me with that guy. And I have never been wrong about anything. I don't come on this site a ride ND coaches, players and admin. people. I am right about one thing...you are an ignorant, pompous jerk.

"Sorry to say but, I'm leaving the board and I won't be back.... sob sob ....I appreciate your good conversation, but things are a little hard here and I'm moving on. Thanks again for being my friend. SOB SOB"

Cry me a river classy guy.

New material? ... you mean you don't like being reminded you said that Hawaii was out of the country and doesn't have wifi? ..... LOL!

I shouldn't have said overweight, he's lost most of the weight he had when he came in, I'll edit it out. That being said the rest still stands he is simply not an elite talent at running back and Notre Dame should be doing better.
Jones will be a very productive back for ND.

Love to see you buddy up with this guy .... classsiest guy in the board ... LOL! .... birds of a feather .... this is when you're really desperate for support .... explains a lot ..... :)

quickly bug try to get that last word.

“now i love lebron as an athlete and a human being but who cares what he thinks ? everyone has an opinion. not sure why every non positive opinion of notre dame upsets people so much.”

It’s more of a dumbass opinion than it is a “non positive opinion of ND”. He’s most certainly entitled to his opinion, but that was stupid. Just an easy way to take a shot at ND when they were down. I don’t see how an ND fan doesn’t hold that against him, but at the same time, I don’t see how his opinion about college football “carries any weight” at all in the grand scheme of things.

“now i love lebron as an athlete and a human being but who cares what he thinks ? everyone has an opinion. not sure why every non positive opinion of notre dame upsets people so much.”

It’s more of a dumbass opinion than it is a “non positive opinion of ND”. He’s most certainly entitled to his opinion, but that was stupid. Just an easy way to take a shot at ND when they were down. I don’t see how an ND fan doesn’t hold that against him, but at the same time, I don’t see how his opinion about college football “carries any weight” at all in the grand scheme of things.
Why would you take it as a shot at ND like that was the purpose of it ? Now that's dumb.

Who ever said it " carried any weight " ?

Take it easy, echo, no need to call me dumb because I called lebron’s Tweet “dumbass”. It was.

Why would I take it as a shot at ND?

Maybe because ND was ranked #1 and was undefeated. So it was either a shot at ND or a dumbass opinion, or both. Either way, f lebron. And as for it “carrying weight”, read the thread, someone said that. I don’t really see how it does, in the least. Why would it?

How would you know what the purpose of his tweet was anyway? Are you buddies? If so, tell him his tweet was stupid.

Take it easy, echo, no need to call me dumb because I called lebron’s Tweet “dumbass”. It was.

Why would I take it as a shot at ND?

Maybe because ND was ranked #1 and was undefeated. So it was either a shot at ND or a dumbass opinion, or both. Either way, f lebron. And as for it “carrying weight”, read the thread, someone said that. I don’t really see how it does, in the least. Why would it?
did not call "you" dumb , but thought your opinion of the opinion was dumb.

You can tremendously respect him on & off the court all you like and still recognize that the tweet was dumb and could very easily be construed as a shot at ND. Why you called me dumb for going there is a head scratcher. I could care less what lebron says, especially when it comes to college football, or anything for that matter, but when I think he takes a shot at Our Lady when she’s down, I say say f him.

You can tremendously respect him on & off the court all you like and still recognize that the tweet was dumb and could very easily be construed as a shot at ND. Why you called me dumb for going there is a head scratcher. I could care less what lebron says, especially when it comes to college football, or anything for that matter, but when I think he takes a shot at Our Lady when she’s down, I say say f him.
called your opinion dumb not you. i am capable of separating one opinion from the person as a whole. my apologies. had i known you were so sensitive i would not have responded. i'll remember that next time.

“So sensitive”? Lmao. Whatever you say, echo, but I think the over sensitive one is you when I called your idol a dumbass for saying something stupid.

“So sensitive”? Lmao. Whatever you say, echo, but I think the over sensitive one is you when I called your idol a dumbass for saying something stupid.
my "idol " ? that's rich. when you can achieve one millionth of what he has stop back and tell us all.

“my "idol " ? that's rich. when you can achieve one millionth of what he has stop back and tell us all”

Now who’s being overly sensitive? Lol. I wasn’t the one that jumped down someone’s throat for calling out your idol for saying something stupid. I can see that you have a soft spot for people that do. Birds of a feather....

“my "idol " ? that's rich. when you can achieve one millionth of what he has stop back and tell us all”

Now who’s being overly sensitive? Lol. I wasn’t the one that jumped down someone’s throat for calling out your idol for saying something stupid. I can see that you have a soft spot for people that do. Birds of a feather....
Again, not my idol. not even sure where you got that. i respect and admire many people. " jumping down someones throat " ? oh my you are quite the drama queen. i guess everyone is supposed to line up and kiss ND's feet in your world. i have a news flash for you, not everyone loves notre dame.

“Again, not my idol. not even sure where you got that. i respect and admire many people. " jumping down someones throat " ? oh my you are quite the drama queen. i guess everyone is supposed to line up and kiss ND's feet in your world. i have a news flash for you, not everyone loves notre dame.”

Nice spin, echo. You're the one that created the drama when you got upset that your idol was being smeared cuz he said something stupid. And no shit “not everyone loves Notre Dame”, but now that you mentioned it, are you implying that lebron doesn’t love ND, and that maybe it was shot at ND when he tweeted that Oregon should be there instead of ND at halftime of the championship game? Cuz you said earlier that I was “dumb” for thinking that was the purpose. Lol lol lol lol

F lebron

Reactions: Buguit
“Again, not my idol. not even sure where you got that. i respect and admire many people. " jumping down someones throat " ? oh my you are quite the drama queen. i guess everyone is supposed to line up and kiss ND's feet in your world. i have a news flash for you, not everyone loves notre dame.”

Nice spin, echo. You're the one that created the drama when you got upset that your idol was being smeared cuz he said something stupid. And no shit “not everyone loves Notre Dame”, but now that you mentioned it, are you implying that lebron doesn’t love ND, and that maybe it was shot at ND when he tweeted that Oregon should be there instead of ND at halftime of the championship game? Cuz you said earlier that I was “dumb” for thinking that was the purpose. Lol lol lol lol

F lebron
wow have you gone round the bend. not sure how my comment about lebron james became me being "upset". nothing could be further from the truth. i do find it amusing that so many thin skinned folks get so upset if someone dare say something they perceive to be anti ND. you're really making yourself appear "dumb" by carrying on so over nothing.

Lol. That’s the echo way. Pick a fight w/ your condescension and then make the other guy look like they’re “carrying on”. So just to clear things up, you're the one that came running to your idol’s defense when someone called his tweet stupid. Seems kinda “thin skinned” to me. We’re on an ND message board and someone brings up how lebron’s tweet during the natty “carries weight”, I respond dismissively saying “f lebron” for what I perceived to be a shot at ND and for saying something that made no sense. You said “why does someone’s opinion get you so upset” as if anyone that would’ve taken offense to Lebron’s tweet is some kind of crazed lunatic. Then you made it sound as if you knew what the purpose of his tweet was, and that it couldn’t have been because he wanted to take a shot at ND and that I was “dumb” to think that way. Then you said “not everyone loves ND”, which, I guess, meant that possibly lebron doesn’t. So I ask, does lebron not care for ND or is he just a dumbass, or both?

Lol. That’s the echo way. Pick a fight w/ your condescension and then make the other guy look like they’re “carrying on”. So just to clear things up, you're the one that came running to your idol’s defense when someone called his tweet stupid. Seems kinda “thin skinned” to me. We’re on an ND message board and someone brings up how lebron’s tweet during the natty “carries weight”, I respond dismissively saying “f lebron” for what I perceived to be a shot at ND and for saying something that made no sense. You said “why does someone’s opinion get you so upset” as if anyone that would’ve taken offense to Lebron’s tweet is some kind of crazed lunatic. Then you made it sound as if you knew what the purpose of his tweet was, and that it couldn’t have been because he wanted to take a shot at ND and that I was “dumb” to think that way. Then you said “not everyone loves ND”, which, I guess, meant that possibly lebron doesn’t. So I ask, does lebron not care for ND or is he just a dumbass, or both?
why ask me ? ask lebron. i have no idea nor do you. i certainly wasn't picking a fight especially on such a trivial issue as a tweet that was considered anti notre dame. i for one am not so easily offended.

Why ask you? Maybe cuz you said this:

“Why would you take it as a shot at ND like that was the purpose of it ? Now that's dumb”

Apparently you knew the reason or purpose for his tweet and knew that my take on it was “dumb”. And maybe you weren’t offended because you’re one of the many that don’t “line up to kiss the feet of Notre Dame” as you say. Remember your news flash: “not everyone loves Notre Dame”. This explains why “you weren't so easily offended” maybe. Could really care less why but that could be the answer. But sprinting to the defense of a stupid comment certainly doesn’t translate into “triviality” on your part. If so, why rush to it’s defense? I’m done w/ this because as I originally stated, as much as it could’ve been interpreted as a shot at ND, lebron’s dumbass tweet doesn’t really “carry weight” in the scheme of college football. Which was my original point before you came running.

Reactions: Buguit
Why ask you? Maybe cuz you said this:

“Why would you take it as a shot at ND like that was the purpose of it ? Now that's dumb”

Apparently you knew the reason or purpose for his tweet and knew that my take on it was “dumb”. And maybe you weren’t offended because you’re one of the many that don’t “line up to kiss the feet of Notre Dame” as you say. Remember your news flash: “not everyone loves Notre Dame”. This explains why “you weren't so easily offended” maybe. Could really care less why but that could be the answer. But sprinting to the defense of a stupid comment certainly doesn’t translate into “triviality” on your part. If so, why rush to it’s defense? I’m done w/ this because as I originally stated, as much as it could’ve been interpreted as a shot at ND, lebron’s dumbass tweet doesn’t really “carry weight” in the scheme of college football. Which was my original point before you came running.
"sprinting, running " ? i get it. you're ultra sensitive on the subject. done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT