1. BCS Championship
2. FSU 2014
3. Clemson 2015
4. Stanford 2015
5. OSU bowl game 2015
6. Georgia 2017
7. Miami 2017
8. Stanford 2017

These are the big games/program changing games that Kelly lost. These games were games that if ND won they could be a program changer. The games you listed did nothing but add a win to the record. Meaning, if ND beats Clemson or FSU, it could have been them playing for a championship. 2012 Stanford and SC were not top elite teams like FSU or Clemson. At least win half of these games and ND would have a much better national outlook.
I still think the curb stomping against Bama put the program back for years. That and the Miami loss destroyed credibility of ND being able to compete with the big boys. Oh and Ohio state in 15. Clemson was a hard fought game at least, respectably outcome even though the mistakes and o-line play were horrible in the first half.

Nope, ND lost FSU won the championship. 27-31

What?

FSU didn’t win the championship that year? They got blown out in the semifinals.

And ND scored in the final seconds & the refs blew it. If you can’t admit that (Jimbo Fisher admits it) then you are pointless to talk to & welcome to ignore.

What?

FSU didn’t win the championship that year? They got blown out in the semifinals.

And ND scored in the final seconds & the refs blew it. If you can’t admit that (Jimbo Fisher admits it) then you are pointless to talk to & welcome to ignore.
They were defending champs though, I remember me and my son cheering and hugging, and then having the worst of the worst agony all within one minute. Terrible terrible game. Can't blame that on Kelly really

They were defending champs though, I remember me and my son cheering and hugging, and then having the worst of the worst agony all within one minute. Terrible terrible game. Can't blame that on Kelly really

I was on St John, US Virgin Islands, for my Anniversary (married there on Trunk Bay) watching the game at the only bar that had cable. I had the entire place rooting for ND.
Horrible call by refs. And I don’t believe in blaming the refs, but that was horrible.

I get that jones does the little things well in practice according to the coaches, and I know Dex has his flaws, but the talent gap between them is huge. All I'm saying. Also if ND had a legit running back coach Dex would be able to do the little things better in his 4th year in the program.
I get that a RB needs to block on pass plays. But what would you rather have... a mediocre runner who blocks well or a RB who can gash you and go to the house and get the tough yards.

What?

Oh your one of those guys. Blame the refs for the bad call. It was a pick which is illegal. Right call bad time.
How about Golson throwing 2 picks?
How about the defense making one final stop instead of giving up a go ahead TD with 7min left?

What?

If you keep putting folks on ignore you won't have any one to talk to :)

Oh your one of those guys. Blame the refs for the bad call. It was a pick which is illegal. Right call bad time.
How about Golson throwing 2 picks?
How about the defense making one final stop instead of giving up a go ahead TD with 7min left?

It wasn’t a pick. Jimbo Fisher admitted that that the DBs ran into each other after getting confused in coverage. The guy who the ND receiver ran into was the guy guarding him, not Robinson. Then he knocked over the guy guarding Robinson. The refs blew it.

So you are one of those guys who doesn’t know football or facts, just spouts off?
Shocking. LOL.

It wasn’t a pick. Jimbo Fisher admitted that that the DBs ran into each other after getting confused in coverage. The guy who the ND receiver ran into was the guy guarding him, not Robinson. Then he knocked over the guy guarding Robinson. The refs blew it.

So you are one of those guys who doesn’t know football or facts, just spouts off?
Shocking. LOL.
https://thebiglead.com/2014/10/18/f...re-dame-called-for-opi-against-florida-state/

You cannot start blocking down field if the QB throws the ball over the line of scrimmage. Pic play all day. The problem is refs hardly ever call it. Bottom line is 2 picks and defense gave up go ahead TD late in the 4th. FSU won the turnover battle.

https://thebiglead.com/2014/10/18/f...re-dame-called-for-opi-against-florida-state/

You cannot start blocking down field if the QB throws the ball over the line of scrimmage. Pic play all day. The problem is refs hardly ever call it. Bottom line is 2 picks and defense gave up go ahead TD late in the 4th. FSU won the turnover battle.

It’s been broke down so many times it’s not funny. Go watch the play.

ND is in a stack formation. There are 3 DBs. One is directing the other two before the play (who are both obviously confused). When the ball is snapped both DBs jump the inside ND WR, neither covering Robinson. The first DB collides with the ND WR, the two then fall into the second DB (who was also covering him on a blown coverage). The ref thought he was setting a pick. But neither were covering Robinson. BK said it point blank in his presser “they blew their coverage & the refs bailed them out.” Jimbo Fisher said the same in his presser, “we were confused & got fortunate.”

Go watch the play. It’s pretty straight forward.

I have plenty of sane people to talk to. You are one of them.

Some on the free board are very negative so it is difficult to have a reasonable conversation. i do not have any of them ignore but I tend to read the more reasonable members posts

“You cannot start blocking down field if the QB throws the ball over the line of scrimmage. Pic play all day.”

That’s the rule, but that’s not what happened. The defender engaged w/ prosise first, no way in hell is that a pick. They called it on fuller at first to boot. Total home job BS call.

Reactions: Pennick4
DIRECTLY RESPONDING TO MY POSTS TO OTHER POSTERS! Ok, moron. Show me one post where he is directly responding to one of your posts. Please, show us? You cn't because it doesn't exist. You are an idiot...and a liar.

He's only responding to you in regards to my post a whole 5 posts before this in this thread ..... that's a special kind of stupid .... keep those hate fires burning .... :)

LOL! The doucheBUG!! You have him on ignore as well. In fact, I think you set a website record. You put him on ignore in 24 hrs!! It was on the Big ten thread. You are a smart man. I would guess the over/under is 100 people who have that asshat on ignore.

For a guy who did his ... sob sob .... tearful goodbye ... you're all over this site ... even if you do get everything wrong ... thought maybe you were moving out of the country where there is no wifi ....... LOL!

Shocking. LOL.
This This This........ The DBs were lost in space and confused, he didn't even pick them.

“You cannot start blocking down field if the QB throws the ball over the line of scrimmage. Pic play all day.”

That’s the rule, but that’s not what happened. The defender engaged w/ prosise first, no way in hell is that a pick. They called it on fuller at first to boot. Total home job BS call.
This as well

My comment on did ND under BK win enough big games. I really hate the zero sum of wins and loses mean everything. Football has tremendous variance which is why I love the game so much. The bigger question is does BK led teams compete. If a W verses a L comes down to a play or two than ND was competing in that game. A loss is disappointing but does not take away from this fact. That is the problem with fans. We judge our adoration and derision on often the outcome of inches beyond the control of the coaching staff. What is not decided by inches is that teach coming to play. I would say in the game that is currently being discussed in this thread ND came to play.

He's only responding to you in regards to my post a whole 5 posts before this in this thread ..... that's a special kind of stupid .... keep those hate fires burning .... :)

You're full of crap. He was responding to ChiTown. Talk about stupid, you're driving the bus.

For a guy who did his ... sob sob .... tearful goodbye ... you're all over this site ... even if you do get everything wrong ... thought maybe you were moving out of the country where there is no wifi ....... LOL!

Dude, get so new material, I never had a "tearful goodbye." Hilarious. Answer a question, did all of my other aliases know that you were a scumbag, a true POS. becuse if they did then I am ok with having those other 50 aliases. Except the Penn State one. Don't group me with that guy. And I have never been wrong about anything. I don't come on this site a ride ND coaches, players and admin. people. I am right about one thing...you are an ignorant, pompous jerk.

Beating michigan week one as of right now, is a BIG game. If michigan ends up having a 4-5 loss season then the win is not as big.

The only big game Kelly has won is at Norman. Sooners ended the season 10-3 but really not a landmark season. Still a good win for BK. Outside of that BK has more BIG loses than BIG wins.

So if an opponent ends up losing some games after we play them, then it's not a big win?
But if a team ends up being a Top10 opponent and we beat them.....that's just ignored?

The BK haters are just the least logical group of people I've ever seen.

Right up there with flat-eathers

Big games Kelly lost:
1. BCS Championship
2. FSU 2014
3. Clemson 2015
4. Stanford 2015
5. OSU bowl game 2015
6. Georgia 2017
7. Miami 2017
8. Stanford 2017

These are the big games/program changing games that Kelly lost. These games were games that if ND won they could be a program changer. The games you listed did nothing but add a win to the record. Meaning, if ND beats Clemson or FSU, it could have been them playing for a championship. 2012 Stanford and SC were not top elite teams like FSU or Clemson. At least win half of these games and ND would have a much better national outlook.

Wait......so wins that get you to a championship game "add nothing"
And wins over Rivals, Top10 Overall Opponents, etc. "add nothing"

But the wins you point, those were the ones that really matter....because???

Logic really is dead, at least for BK haters

I still think the curb stomping against Bama put the program back for years. That and the Miami loss destroyed credibility of ND being able to compete with the big boys. Oh and Ohio state in 15. Clemson was a hard fought game at least, respectably outcome even though the mistakes and o-line play were horrible in the first half.

In what way did that set the program back?

We signed our best class in years following that season (2013 class)

Scumbag....puke
Cavanaugh appreciate the support. Some posters here think they are smarter than everyone and some I have criticized. But some of these guys i may have been to harsh on but at least these guys come with some good info. The problem with bug is he thinks he is smarter than everyone but has zero info that can be added to the conversation. He is the smartest idiot in the class.

In what way did that set the program back?

We signed our best class in years following that season (2013 class)
The whole entire football media was saying how once again ND was overrated and didn't belong to be there. Everybody in the media, regular Joe's on twitter, I remember Lebron tweeting about how ND was overrated and Oregon should have been in the championship. That holds a lot of wait. There are ND haters in every corner of the earth just waiting to pounce on the opportunity to call us overrated. And we did lose a handful of commits after the game, Alex Anzalone I remember but I think there was more

That was one of the most sickening things about the Miami loss was the crowd cheering overrated, they were probably right and that hurts to say.

The whole entire football media was saying how once again ND was overrated and didn't belong to be there. Everybody in the media, regular Joe's on twitter, I remember Lebron tweeting about how ND was overrated and Oregon should have been in the championship. That holds a lot of wait. There are ND haters in every corner of the earth just waiting to pounce on the opportunity to call us overrated. And we did lose a handful of commits after the game, Alex Anzalone I remember but I think there was more

That was one of the most sickening things about the Miami loss was the crowd cheering overrated, they were probably right and that hurts to say.

the problem Notre Dame has it plays a really tough schedule not like other schools. So if they have a bad game like Miami it is magnified. Hell last years schedule was a gauntlet. I also believe we play miami 10 times last we win 7 of them. This year team needs to win the opener and then take it to Stanford, They do that it will be hard for any team to beat Notre Dame. The players will give it the xtra needed to win when they play team that is not as good as them and the game is close

the problem Notre Dame has it plays a really tough schedule not like other schools. So if they have a bad game like Miami it is magnified. Hell last years schedule was a gauntlet. I also believe we play miami 10 times last we win 7 of them. This year team needs to win the opener and then take it to Stanford, They do that it will be hard for any team to beat Notre Dame. The players will give it the xtra needed to win when they play team that is not as good as them and the game is close
Can you blame people for magnifying the Miami game? That game was lost long before anyone stepped foot on the field. I knew it was lost when BK looked like he just witnessed a deadly train crash as he was walking on the field. Little did I know at the time, it was lost well before then when he admitted the team was not prepared for the atmosphere!

Boy, if I get a couple Buds in me I can talk about the game for hours... I need to stop for my own health LOL

Reactions: zonairish

Dude, we followed that year up with our best recruiting class since Holtz

So how did it set the program back again???

Dude, we followed that year up with our best recruiting class since Holtz

So how did it set the program back again???
I'm more or so speaking in terms of national respect and being named up with the big boys. We lost credibility, that's the truth. I have always praised that recruiting class, I am a big believer in "win and they will come". You're not wrong in that sense, but it's not what I'm referring to really.

Can you blame people for magnifying the Miami game? That game was lost long before anyone stepped foot on the field. I knew it was lost when BK looked like he just witnessed a deadly train crash as he was walking on the field. Little did I know at the time, it was lost well before then when he admitted the team was not prepared for the atmosphere!

Boy, if I get a couple Buds in me I can talk about the game for hours... I need to stop for my own health LOL
really ? i think if wimbush doesn't overthrow st.brown for an easy td on the first drive things end up differently. not saying nd wins but i think the dynamic changes significantly.

I'm more or so speaking in terms of national respect and being named up with the big boys. We lost credibility, that's the truth. I have always praised that recruiting class, I am a big believer in "win and they will come". You're not wrong in that sense, but it's not what I'm referring to really.
do you really care what the national pundits say ? i sure don't.

“I remember Lebron tweeting about how ND was overrated and Oregon should have been in the championship. That holds a lot of wait.”

Really? A lebron tweet saying Oregon should’ve been there instead of ND “holds a lot of weight”? How is that? He should stick to hoops if he thought they should’ve put a 1 loss Oregon team in front of an undefeated #1 ranked ND team. F Lebron!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT