ADVERTISEMENT

OT: FSU' Johnson arrest video

Perse there is no way you know that.

Duo is the use of the racial slur confirmed beyond the claim from the attorney who is throwing all blame on the woman?

Sorry old-timer, it's not 1950 anymore where a man could slap around his woman
like a rented mule.

The girls knee, the half-hearted raised fist - it's laughable. None of it provokes
a punch in the face from Johnson. He's gonna get crucified, and deservedly so.

I suppose Ray Rice's wife deserved what she got because she spit on him??

Reactions: Bodizephax
your comparing the two incidents, speaks for you. bye bye.

no it is not the 50's

we have gender equality now 24/7 all day everyday not equal when convenient and different when not so!

We do not have gender equality, what world do you live in?

The world where you advocate the hitting of women in public. Because apparently since Hope Solo should be held responsible for domestic violence, men are now permitted to punch women in bars in self-defense.

Sal

he she whoever - this chick will get no such sympathy from the court or a jury; that is why your original idea was correct except - the prosecutor will realize his case is going nowhere and will go down the chain of charges - and my guess is any deal requires her to be held partially responsible

I think you guys have taken your best shots here, so lets see how it winds up!

(of course the kids football career is down the toilet no matter what)

I'd blame Jameis.

And for a fee of $500/hour plus a non-refundable retainer of $10,000, I'll devote all the time necessary to pursue that defense to the fullest extent possible.

Last edited:
Perse there is no way you know that.

Duo is the use of the racial slur confirmed beyond the claim from the attorney who is throwing all blame on the woman?

Supposedly, witnesses claim she called him a "F...ing N.....". But, I don't know if that confirms anything? As far as I know it is "here say" but, the fact that his attorney is making the claim and apparently there are witnesses backing him up ought to justify an inquiry. Further, IMO, if it was proven that she did use a racial slur there ought to be some kind of punishment for that and not let it slide because "she's a girl".

You commit an assault then you need to get thrown off the team. Whether it be college football, the NFL, or the women's world cup. Whether it be in an elevator, your sister's house, or a college bar. Whether charges are dropped are an actual prosecution takes place. Whether you were drinking or not. You need to go. Of course, as could be reasoned by a fellow board contributor, every family has someone who clocks a female student in a bar. Ain't no thing. The most worrisome thing that I take out of this was the young lady at the bar who appeared to be smoking. Not good. And, did the bartenders do anything or did they continue to serve like nothing happened? Also, was the police called directly or were the charges filed days later?

Supposedly, witnesses claim she called him a "F...ing N.....". But, I don't know if that confirms anything? As far as I know it is "here say" but, the fact that his attorney is making the claim and apparently there are witnesses backing him up ought to justify an inquiry. Further, IMO, if it was proven that she did use a racial slur there ought to be some kind of punishment for that and not let it slide because "she's a girl".

I have only seen the report that she used a slur coming from his representatives who have a vested interest in putting that out there. BUT EVEN IF she did drop an N-bomb on him that justifies him hitting her? Oh boy.

sorry Jack, but there are differences between college teams, pro teams, and national teams. And then there are differences in circumstances in each case. No way you can compare this case to our soccer star. No way. But you can compare to Ray Rice. This kid is toast and I haven't seen anything yet to indicate he deserves any other fate.

PS:
If you're going to come for Hope with your 6-9 kid, he best bring a baggie for his teef!

I have only seen the report that she used a slur coming from his representatives who have a vested interest in putting that out there. BUT EVEN IF she did drop an N-bomb on him that justifies him hitting her? Oh boy.

SA Little...........
No one said anything about him being justified........only you. If witnesses claim she made a racial slur and his lawyer makes the same claim it seems logical that justifies an inquiry. And if it were proved beyond a reasonable doubt that she did make a racial slur..........then what? Wouldn't that have something to do with a student code of conduct or perhaps something in the law? I'm not a lawyer but I can't help but wonder if there shouldn't at least be an inquiry? What happened to gender equity? Or, do girls get away with and boys don't?

And who is the arbitrator on what case is similar and what case isn't? You? Set aside your Hope Solo fantasy for a minute and take note that there is history with Hope Solo and violence and the police. There is also a reason why her family doesn't associate with her according to ESPN magazine. Former USA ladies soccer player Brianna Scurry said that U.S. women's soccer will try to win at any cost. She indivertibly proved the point. An assault is an assault. I'm not going to let you redefine the crime. BTW: Solo's sister is not 6'8". Threatening the police in the aftermath. What a terrific representative of U.S. ladies soccer. I believe the FSU kid will get another shot by another program. His career is not done. He has to understand the he needs to be above it all and just walk away. That incident wasn't the victim's most glorious moment either IMHO.

We don't know how big the sister is but she thought she could handle Hope with the kid obviously. Hope sent them home. I don't know of any other violence with Hope but there's this from her wiki.:

Solo was linked with a transfer to English club Manchester City. Despite the relatively high salary reportedly offered by Manchester, Reign FC coach Laura Harvey expected Solo to return to the NWSL for 2014, to safeguard her place in the national team.

She's a good american girl. Like Tommy Rees's sister. And she's number 1 in the world. Totally dominant in this WC. Dominant.

BTW the judge and jury are the arbritators. As is always the case. Then the school can add any additional consequences if warranted.

SA Little...........
No one said anything about him being justified........only you. If witnesses claim she made a racial slur and his lawyer makes the same claim it seems logical that justifies an inquiry. And if it were proved beyond a reasonable doubt that she did make a racial slur..........then what? Wouldn't that have something to do with a student code of conduct or perhaps something in the law? I'm not a lawyer but I can't help but wonder if there shouldn't at least be an inquiry? What happened to gender equity? Or, do girls get away with and boys don't?

What law is there that restricts people from using the n-word? You may need to review your First Amendment.

I may be mistaken, but I haven't seen any report of any witnesses corroborating that a racial slur was used. I also haven't seen any report that she was a student.

Maybe next you guts will be nominating this drunkin chick for Saint hood!

I've got an ex-wife that got angry and violent when she drank, which was often. She hit me a lot harder than the drunk chick on the video. But I was never in any actual danger as long as she didn't have anything in her hand. And even then, I just thought "How the hell can I get away from this crazy drunk bitch?" Eventually I figured that out, thus she's an ex.

I've got zero tolerance for drunk chicks behaving poorly. But guys don't hit drunk chicks back because they're defending themselves. They hit them back because they're pissed off and humiliated because people saw a chick take a swing at them.

And if being pissed off and humiliated was an excuse for hitting people, we would have had our hands full with Michigan fans last season.

Reactions: irishalice
So Sal - I'll confess to being risk averse, but consider this:

This entire incident is on VIDEO and we have almost no concensus as to what happened.

And I ain't even started lawyerin' yet.

I bet charges are dismissed. Go take a look at his attorneys latest revelation/tactic. This case will he tried in the media.

I just googled hope Solo. She looks nice.
hope-solo.jpeg

cowardly act, period! a man if nothing else just walks away ! it is being a bully to
start beating up a man who is weaker than you are. it is cowardly and brutish act
to start punching a woman around.A real man and a gentleman just walk away
from that kind of confrontation.
whether or not the man has a legal case or not, he is a bully and a coward, and if I am his coach, I don't want him on my team. He would be gone!

Reactions: Bodizephax
Ewing steals the thunder but my response to you Duo is:

1. Again haven't seen a witness say she used the slur but saying it's worth investigating implies that if it is true that changes the analysis of what went down.

People say shitty things all day to different people but that doesn't mean violence should be used or that saying something shitty is equal to using violence on another.

2. Dropping N bombs is not against the law and i have no idea whether or not the code of conduct applies to her but if it doesn't that is independent of the fact that DJ jacked a girl in the face when he didn't need to.

3. Not sure why gender equality matters all of a sudden when it deals with justifications of a man hitting a woman. Still let's say equality matters, that doesn't change the fact he threw a punch unecessarily at someone much smaller then him who was trying to get away from him.

So Sal - I'll confess to being risk averse, but consider this:

This entire incident is on VIDEO and we have almost no concensus as to what happened.

And I ain't even started lawyerin' yet.

I bet charges are dismissed. Go take a look at his attorneys latest revelation/tactic. This case will he tried in the media.

I will repeat again... this is at worst a misdemeanor battery charge. That's a fine and anger management classes, which he is already taken. I imagine it's a deferral candidate where he gets his charges dismissed contingent on him not getting in trouble. My issue is wish people saying he is off because of a self defense argument.

Only at F$U can you go to a bar under 21?, hit a woman then go to FB practice. F$u=USC.-trash. See Mark Sanchez

Only at F$U can you go to a bar under 21?, hit a woman then go to FB practice. F$u=USC.-trash. See Mark Sanchez
Wrong as usual. On so many levels too.

You can go to a bar in 80% of the bars in America (including LA) if you are 18 or older. Especially if they serve food. You just can't can't purchase or drink alcoholic beverages until age 21.

Johnson not only didn't go to practice he was suspended indefinitely until the video was made available and then immediately dismissed from the team by Fisher. And he should have been.

FSU has never had a recruiting violation except for a self reported incident where a high school coach unknowingly charged a hamburger to hotel room service when visiting the campus some 40 years ago. USC can hardly say the same.

Ugly words come out of a person's pie hole when they have been drinking, but, I would think that if a racial slur was in fact used, the player's entourage would have got in the young ladies' face also. But, it looks as though they all disappeared after he punched her. It is all hard to tell by watching a few minutes on video and what exactly happened off camera. All I know is if I was her Pop, we would have a little chit chat about booze and behavior and what it all can lead to. As I said, it wasn't her most shining moment either. Believe it or not, they both will rebound from this and hopefully a valuable lesson will be learned.

......and the spin starts. FSU and Jumbo with their deplorable record of creating against women, criminal activity and poor academic performance is the low end f the barrel and why they are consided one of the "Most Corrupt" college programs over the last generation. Spin all you want, but you'll never remove the stain and Jumbo is bring it all down further.

He is a disgrace, it's no wonder his wife dropped him.

Reactions: sluggo69
......and the spin starts. FSU and Jumbo with their deplorable record of creating against women, criminal activity and poor academic performance is the low end f the barrel and why they are consided one of the "Most Corrupt" college programs over the last generation. Spin all you want, but you'll never remove the stain and Jumbo is bring it all down further.

He is a disgrace, it's no wonder his wife dropped him.
Psychiatric therapy is still an option for your sick demented mind. Consider it!

Otherwise your comments are not worth responding to. You're a wacko.

Get lost.

Ewing steals the thunder but my response to you Duo is:

1. Again haven't seen a witness say she used the slur but saying it's worth investigating implies that if it is true that changes the analysis of what went down.

People say shitty things all day to different people but that doesn't mean violence should be used or that saying something shitty is equal to using violence on another.

2. Dropping N bombs is not against the law and i have no idea whether or not the code of conduct applies to her but if it doesn't that is independent of the fact that DJ jacked a girl in the face when he didn't need to.

3. Not sure why gender equality matters all of a sudden when it deals with justifications of a man hitting a woman. Still let's say equality matters, that doesn't change the fact he threw a punch unecessarily at someone much smaller then him who was trying to get away from him.

It's the talk around campus and as mentioned for all I know it's here say. When all is said and done my best guess is no inquiry will be made into what the girl said or did. In other words, she skates free of any implication of wrong doing. After all, she's a girl. Not the greatest precedent but in all likelihood that's how it will end.

I agree that the best thing for guys to do is walk away. However, when you're 18 and you've been slapped or punched in the face and kicked in the balls that probably has a deleterious affect on one's judgment.

It's the talk around campus and as mentioned for all I know it's here say. When all is said and done my best guess is no inquiry will be made into what the girl said or did. In other words, she skates free of any implication of wrong doing. After all, she's a girl. Not the greatest precedent but in all likelihood that's how it will end.

I agree that the best thing for guys to do is walk away. However, when you're 18 and you've been slapped or punched in the face and kicked in the balls that probably has a deleterious affect on one's judgment.

Police need more than "the talk around campus". The "talk around campus" may exist solely because of a false statement made by the QB's attorney.

You seem to be fixated on the fact that she would "skate free" because "she's a girl", rather than what appears to be the case - there's no corroborating evidence that she said anything racially motivated.

She could have called him a racial slur. She could have made disparaging remarks about his mother.
She could have thrown a drink in his face. She could have spit on him. IT DOESN'T MATTER!!!
There is no excuse to punch a woman in the face like that!!! None.

Much like the Ray Rice video, this bar-fight video helps the woman. Doesn't matter that it shows the
woman drunk and belligerent. Doesn't matter that she takes a casual swing at him first. The scene
that is etched in everyone's mind, is the sight of DJ smashing her in the jaw with a right hook. Society
has taken a strong stand on domestic violence and violence against women in the last two years. We
won't stand for it - in ANY instance. This kid is toast.

Ray Rice was crucified after his video surfaced. Same will happen here.

well, not surprised that this topic was more interesting than the news of the Opening and that there may be an important commit possible and a couple more in attendance.
So it is sex,violence and drugs we want, huh?

For all those who are upset about "the lack of men's rights": if everything were reversed, with Johnson getting to the bar first, the woman elbowing him from behind, Johnson objecting and putting his fist in the air, the woman grabbing his arm, Johnson weakly kneeing and pushing her away, and finally the woman busting him hard in the face, SHE would be the one subject to arrest. And he would still be on the team.

Police need more than "the talk around campus". The "talk around campus" may exist solely because of a false statement made by the QB's attorney.

You seem to be fixated on the fact that she would "skate free" because "she's a girl", rather than what appears to be the case - there's no corroborating evidence that she said anything racially motivated.
If she in fact "skates", and he faces any charges, it's 100% because she's a girl. Two guys jostle each other trying to pony up to a bar. One guy threatens the other with a clenched fist, the other guy grabs his arm before he can punch him, but the guy instead throws a punch with the other hand and tries to knee him in the nuts, the guy responds with a punch to the face. They either both get charged or neither gets charged, which is more likely. The bouncer sees them to the door. End of incident.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT