ADVERTISEMENT

Officially Official Rose Bowl ND v. Bama Game Thread

I've actually been watching ND since 1964 and have seen a lot. And it is plainly evident to anyone with even minimal football knowledge that ND has not had the horses for 25-plus years now. We currently have B- to B coaching, which is fine when you have the talent.

The point I have tried to make time and time again to overly emotional fans like yourself is that ND is at best at the lower half of the top 10.

And you will find out if you just relax and watch the games, you won't be upset by results that everyone knows are going to occur.
I just wanted to highlight your post. I happen to be of similar feelings. In fact, if we could exchange Saban for Kelly, I feel the result of this game would be very similar. Brian Kelly is not the only reason Alabama is outclassing Notre Dame.

100% correct. The game is a semipro endeavor for schools not making it a student athlete ideal. No coach could do much better than CBK under this reality.

ND is to be applauded for trying and getting this far. I too come from the old days and wish for what was in terms of performance.

I’m at peace with the reality.

Here here. Couldn’t agree more with both these statements.

I’m a lifelong ND fan, and 1979 alum, The university is a top 10 school because of the mesh of athletes they recruit, however because of the academic standards you won’t have cross the board NFL players across the two deep. Seriously of the ND offense and defense how many of these players are going pro vs Bama, Clemson, and OSU. Notre Dame is the essentially the Wichita State of football. Amazing regular season runs but as the teams dwindle the talent gap will always be there. Love the Notre Dame, but let’s be realistic going forward. These kids are skilled but they aren’t going to top NFL farm league schools. The football factories get 5* players and we get 3* and 4*. Come playoff time it'll always show. Unless the NCAA levels the playing field, both on and off the field, this is what it will be. I'd rather ND be ND then convert to a football factory. Even knowing it socks this time of year

I’m a lifelong ND fan, and 1979 alum, The university is a top 10 school because of the mesh of athletes they recruit, however because of the academic standards you won’t have cross the board NFL players across the two deep. Seriously of the ND offense and defense how many of these players are going pro vs Bama, Clemson, and OSU. Notre Dame is the essentially the Wichita State of football. Amazing regular season runs but as the teams dwindle the talent gap will always be there. Love the Notre Dame, but let’s be realistic going forward. These kids are skilled but they aren’t going to top NFL farm league schools. The football factories get 5* players and we get 3* and 4*. Come playoff time it'll always show. Unless the NCAA levels the playing field, both on and off the field, this is what it will be. I'd rather ND be ND then convert to a football factory. Even knowing it socks this time of year
Alabama QB 4.0 gpa with graduate degree.

I bet Phil is LHAO!

Book had a good drive and a TD taken away from him.

Take a look at the scoreboard and stats.

Jones is 26 for 31 for 303 yards and 4 TD’s

Is that Book’s fault ?

Alabama has rushed for 124 yards on 24 carries.

Is that Book’s fault ?

Alabama’s defensive backs are all over the ND receivers.

Is that Book’s fault ?

Is that Book’s fault ?

You’re an idiot, toxic fan who supports Kelly over the program and school .

This complaint about not being willing to football factory up is getting old.

ND is the only team in the playoffs whose head coach has vacated wins due to academic infractions.

If Brian Kelly could attract the 5* player they would get in and be just fine

How does bk explain to the players and administration that he has hired a clueless young OC, And allowed his DC to take job with another school but still stay on?

Who would you have brought in as the DC ?

ND is the only team in the playoffs whose head coach has vacated wins due to academic infractions.

What 5 star watching this debacle thinks this is the best place to develop?

BK punting with 4 minutes left so he can say he’s made progress since 2012. Only lost by 24 vs the 28 points in 2012.

Reactions: irish4life767

Is that Book’s fault ?

Is that Book’s fault ?

Book sucks, Rees sucks, and your football IQ sucks. Even I do not believe you are this obtuse. No one can be deliberately. I think this is your thing. Come here and s stir the pot with your insane obsurdities.

It’s these games that erase the 10 win seasons, because recruits remember what happened at the end of the season.

Clemson will clean 'Bamas clock!
Irish effort was much better today than against Clemson, but the Tigers are a better team.

Reactions: Weisnheimer
That’s pure bullshit on your part, as well as being an uninformed, ignorant moron, Kelly had nothing to do with the vacated losses.

Father Jenkins was at fault for agreeing to an NCAA penalty before the investigation was finished and a verdict rendered. And he refused to have the University file a lawsuit contesting that penalty.

I’m infinitely closer to that case than you are, you ignorant blowhard !

Irony.

My son went to an SEC school. He knew a few football players. They had a standing thing going that their position coach would text them during exams telling them they had to have a meeting. If they were struggling with the test, they would tell their prof they had to go, if not they would finish the test. They were always allowed to leave the test and "make it up" later.

I'm sorry, but I do not believe that happens at Notre Dame.

Even the case where the NCAA vacated wins was suspect in my opinion because they announced that the infraction would no longer be an infraction in the future but they decided to stick it to Notre Dame. If I were ND, I would never ever give an inch to the NCAA again.

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
Alabama QB 4.0 gpa with graduate degree.

So what? There are some exceptions. Alabama is also a decent state school producing fine graduates. But you need to look at whole picture, especially football.

At ND you have to be fully matriculated in a degree program. There are no soft degrees. ND in general is a much tough and competitive academic school than Alabama.

Many schools in contrast offer degrees that are almost impossible to fail. Distorting the entire notion of GPAs and graduation rates. So it is not at all comparable, especially when it comes to fielding a team in depth.

ND can actually produce a good rate of NFL talent, especially on the lines. But not in depth. And not as much in the skill positions. That is a significant margin of difference in the CFP against Alabama, Clemson, OSU, and the occasional Georgia or LSU.

I well remember 1988 when I was in college. This is totally different. ND back then had those skill players and depth. Then decided to hold the standard.

It is what it is.

That’s pure bullshit on your part, as well as being an uninformed, ignorant moron, Kelly had nothing to do with the vacated losses.

Father Jenkins was at fault for agreeing to an NCAA penalty before the investigation was finished and a verdict rendered. And he refused to have the University file a lawsuit contesting that penalty.

I’m infinitely closer to that case than you are, you ignorant blowhard !

Does Kelly have vacated wins due to academic infractions?

Do any of the other playoff coaches?

The only thing you are closer to than I am is hard antipsychotic medications.
I suggest you take some. Seems time?

You guys have a solid defense and offensive line. Shocked you covered, but that late score will really look better with time.

BK will point to the score to show the progress he has made like any good con man would.

He is the master of scoring late when the game is out of reach. And then to onside kick with under a minute to go and down three scores. Total douche move. And then calls time out with one second on the clock so Book can attempt a pass. What a joke. If Kelly and Notre Dame started the game with that sense of urgency perhaps ND would be trying for the game tying score at that point. But not Kelly. The Irish come out and find themselves chasing 14 points early and that's all she wrote. Kelly now owns 4 of those 7 BCS/Playoff game losses by double digits.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT