ADVERTISEMENT

Officially Official Rose Bowl ND v. Bama Game Thread

One good play call.... now back to crap most likely ... still running into stacked box

ND does not belong in the CFP. And if this turns into an embarrassment to college football route, you can bet that ND is going to have an incredibly hard hard time getting back in the playoffs for years to come.

I've been saying this for years now. It is great to have a good regular season and make it to the playoffs, but that final step has proven to be simply too far for us.

I feel sorry for people who expect things to change given the current situation, which is a combination of a shortage of top talent and innovative and excellent coaching.

Reactions: rgc7
It’s a shame how Kelly can’t prepare an ND team for big games
Alabama went 99 yards without breaking a sweat. This could get ugly.

I don't know how you prepare for a 99 yd TD drive that looks methodical. We are 5 yards behind on coverage and miss open field tackles.

Bama is just bigger faster stronger regardless of the scheme.

I've been saying this for years now. It is great to have a good regular season and make it to the playoffs, but that final step has proven to be simply too far for us.

I feel sorry for people who expect things to change given the current situation, which is a combination of a shortage of top talent and innovative and excellent coaching.

I asked you before and you never answered the question, who would you have put in ahead of ND

Reactions: rgc7
How many times have the announcers said that the receivers aren’t open ?

Why don’t you fair weather fans go elsewhere, you bring no value to this site.

How many times have the announcers said that the receivers aren’t open ?

Why don’t you fair weather fans go elsewhere, you bring no value to this site.
They away it to say it. Only time I’ve ever heard an announcer say he had a receiver open and he didn’t it throw it to them is if they were wide open.
Announcers are seeing it at full speed, they can’t see a guy that may have a step or favorable position on a defender. You’re clueless.

aybe to a

As I indicated some time ago, Running the ball efficiently will be critical.

But, can the defense limit Alabama ?

Why anyone here is upset or surprised by this is beyond me. Everyone calling for Kelly’s head... there is not a coach in the country that would fare much better with what that university gives the coaches to work with. You can’t build fine furniture with plywood. Until this university changes its tune to get the type of two deep talent that these elite teams routinely get... this will always be the result... no matter who is coach. Stop pretending that Nd is in the same league as these elite teams.

Nd should be Ivy League or DII football program.

They away it to say it. Only time I’ve ever heard an announcer say he had a receiver open and he didn’t it throw it to them is if they were wide open.
Announcers are seeing it at full speed, they can’t see a guy that may have a step or favorable position on a defender. You’re clueless.

aybe to a

Isn't Book 3 for 4 ?

This Bama pass defense is ranked pretty low ND has their running game going they need to throw effectively. What gives?

Pleased with the running of the ball. But damn like I said after last game against Clemson just imagine if we had Quinn or Clausen teaming up with Floyd and Tate.

I don't know how you prepare for a 99 yd TD drive that looks methodical. We are 5 yards behind on coverage and miss open field tackles.

Bama is just bigger faster stronger regardless of the scheme.
Excuses are like assh*les, every one has one and they all stink.

ND does not belong in the CFP. And if this turns into an embarrassment to college football route, you can bet that ND is going to have an incredibly hard hard time getting back in the playoffs for years to come.
Well, unless you guys stay in the ACC and win the conference. That's definitely the easiest path after today, if the game gets out of hand!

Book steps up instead of panicking on his throw away, Nd td

You’re a total moron, the Alabama defender was right in Book’s face because Banks missed his block.

This proves that you have ZERO football IQ

You’re a total moron, the Alabama defender was right in Book’s face because Banks missed his block.

This proves that you have ZERO football IQ
He did not miss block.... he was there for book to step up, he panicked

Game plan is how can we win with book doing as little as possible.... dude has started 35 games

Lay off the drugs !
Its not that unrealistic. I expect to see a prolific passing attack in the next few years with Buchner, Austin, Johnson, Styles, Colzie and the TEs. The question is we maintain or improve on development at other position groups. ND has a tendency to be really good at 3-4 groups, but average at others.

No one covered the TE in the slot when they reshuffled the formation and Book didn't see it. Wasted TO.

Its not that unrealistic. I expect to see a prolific passing attack in the next few years with Buchner, Austin, Johnson, Styles, Colzie and the TEs. The question is we maintain or improve on development at other position groups. ND has a tendency to be really good at 3-4 groups, but average at others.
I’ve been reading posts like this for the past 10 years,. Just wait until the next class come in. Blah blah blah.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT