ADVERTISEMENT

Officially Official ND v. Marshall Game Day Thread

Thus year is exactly why ND should be in a conference. These kids have nothing to play for. All things must pass.

Maybe don’t have him sit in pocket all game? Buchner constantly throwing into coverage is on him … play calling was awful, but at times pre snap it was obvious there would be open people he just locked on to the wrong players at times

Buchner completed 57 % of his passes despite constant pressure.

When your TE is your leading receiver it doesn’t speak well for your passing attack.

The OLINE failed to provide adequate protection and time for Buchner and the OLINE failed to open up holes for the RB’s

ND ran for an anemic 86 yards net of Buchner.
Laborn ran for 163 yards.

You have to wonder, WHAT was the game plan and what adjustments were made at halftime ?

Against Ohio State ND ran for 58:yards net of Buchner.

58 yards and 86 yards in 2 games, that’s pathetic.

And it all starts at the top, with the Head Coach !

But, it’s too late now, we’re stuck with what we have.

Where are all of those posters who championed the hiring of MF ?

There’s no doubt that Kelly did us wrong, in the way he resigned and the timing of his resignation.

But how many times can Notre Dame make the same mistake of hiring a coach with absolutely NO prior Head Coaching experience, zero, nada, none, and expect a very positive outcome ?

Faust, Davie, Weiss and now Freeman ?
Remind me, what’s one of the definitions of insanity ?

ND previously elected to hire an interim coach but elected not to do so last year.

Life is all about decisions, ND made theirs and now we have to live with it !

It’s disappointing but that’s our reality !

Thus year is exactly why ND should be in a conference. These kids have nothing to play for. All things must pass.
ABSOLUTELY NOT !

“Nothing to play for” ?

Then you don’t understand competitive instincts.

When ND didn’t participate in post-season bowls and those teams lost a game do you think those players put their tails between their legs and gave up ? Do you think they wimped out and said, “we have nothing to play for” ?

In 1944 18 year olds stormed the beaches at Normandy in the face of murderous machine gun, mortar and artillery fire, today 18 year olds cry if their candidate loses an election.

Nothing to play for ?
How about your pride and your desire to compete !

Buchner completed 57 % of his passes despite constant pressure.

When your TE is your leading receiver it doesn’t speak well for your passing attack.

The OLINE failed to provide adequate protection and time for Buchner and the OLINE failed to open up holes for the RB’s

ND ran for an anemic 86 yards net of Buchner.
Laborn ran for 163 yards.

You have to wonder, WHAT was the game plan and what adjustments were made at halftime ?

Against Ohio State ND ran for 58:yards net of Buchner.

58 yards and 86 yards in 2 games, that’s pathetic.

And it all starts at the top, with the Head Coach !

But, it’s too late now, we’re stuck with what we have.

Where are all of those posters who championed the hiring of MF ?

There’s no doubt that Kelly did us wrong, in the way he resigned and the timing of his resignation.

But how many times can Notre Dame make the same mistake of hiring a coach with absolutely NO prior Head Coaching experience, zero, nada, none, and expect a very positive outcome ?

Faust, Davie, Weiss and now Freeman ?
Remind me, what’s one of the definitions of insanity ?

ND previously elected to hire an interim coach but elected not to do so last year.

Life is all about decisions, ND made theirs and now we have to live with it !

It’s disappointing but that’s our reality !
Let's face it Rees is a terrible OC. Jack tied Freeman to Rees when he went to Rees first and got him to stay.

The defense gave up 19 points today and 21 points last week. The defense shouldn't be expected to pitch shutouts every week.

The offense needs to score period, and that falls on Rees. Rees was schooled 2 weeks in a row. ND needs an experienced OC especially when you have a first time head coach that doesn't know the offensive side of the ball.

Let's face it Rees is a terrible OC. Jack tied Freeman to Rees when he went to Rees first and got him to stay.

The defense gave up 19 points today and 21 points last week. The defense shouldn't be expected to pitch shutouts every week.

The offense needs to score period, and that falls on Rees. Rees was schooled 2 weeks in a row. ND needs an experienced OC especially when you have a first time head coach that doesn't know the offensive side of the ball.
Meanwhile, after two full games, our offense is averaging nearly 4 points a quarter, up from an anemic 2.5 points per quarter last week!

Reactions: NDinNJ
ABSOLUTELY NOT !

“Nothing to play for” ?

Then you don’t understand competitive instincts.

When ND didn’t participate in post-season bowls and those teams lost a game do you think those players put their tails between their legs and gave up ? Do you think they wimped out and said, “we have nothing to play for” ?

In 1944 18 year olds stormed the beaches at Normandy in the face of murderous machine gun, mortar and artillery fire, today 18 year olds cry if their candidate loses an election.

Nothing to play for ?
How about your pride and your desire to compete !
Dude, I'm an alum (79'), CFB has changed dramatically since, or haven't you noticed? I always loved and argued our independence, but there is now generations of kids that could careless about it, or know nothing about it. You wanna fix recruiting, and still recruit quality kids, give them something to play for. With 2 losses, one being Marshall, at home, this season is over. You don't want see that, fine, but it is the reality of the present CFB world. It's time to move on. Like I said all things must pass, instead of holding onto to something that holds us back, so all us Grey hairs can reminisce and talk about how it was when we were kids. Independence doesn't help this school or more importantly these kids at all like it once did

Last edited:

I agree that the sequencing of the hirings was very unusual and prohibited MF from making the OC hire. But we don’t know who MF would have hired or if he would have been better or worse.

It doesn’t all fall on Rees, it falls primarily on the OLINE

Dude, I'm an alum (79'), CFB has changed dramatically since, or haven't you noticed? I always loved and argued our independence, but there is now generations of kids that could careless about it, or know nothing about it. You wanna fix recruiting, and still recruit quality kids, give them something to play for. With 2 losses, one being Marshall, at home, this season is over. You don't want see that, fine, but it is the reality of the present CFB world. It's time to move on. Like I said all things must pass, instead of holding onto to something that holds us back, so all us Grey hairs can reminisce and talk about how it was when we were kids. Independence doesn't help this school or more importantly these kids at all like it once did
How quickly you forget how successful the Notre Dame football program has been in recent years.

One only has to look at the hybrid ACC arrangement to see how joining a conference would hurt ND.

ND would go from a “national“ presence to a “regional” presence at best, ND would lose its distinctive identity.

Human nature hasn’t changed in thousands of years.
You either have the will to win or you don’t!
These players aren’t quitters !
These players aren’t losers !
They will try their best to win the remaining games.
They won’t adopt a “we have nothing to play for” attitude !

Ehhh....I'm optimistic things will turn around soon....sometimes you work on a plan all off-season and then the plan doesn't work early on and you have to adapt....these growing pains can be managed this year...the staff and players feel it way more than us fans so I'll just reserve all judgment till after the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT