ADVERTISEMENT

Officially Official ND v. Clemson ACC Conference Championship Game Thread

Look, Ian Book has been phenomenal. Nothing against the kid, he’s done great, but it’s clear if ND wants to win these big games consistently, we need a big, strong armed QB.

Reactions: TOMMY_23 and rgc7
Another Brian Kelly turd sandwich ... I thought maybe he turned a corner but knew him hiring Rees showed his failures as a coach

Reactions: TOMMY_23
Yikes. This has 2018 CFP game all over it again. I am aware that it’s tough to beat an opponent a second time, but I was expecting at least a little bit of a better showing than this. Flat and overwhelmed again. Oh well.

well this game is over. the big stage with a cfp bid on the line and our irish don't even f#cking show up

I'm very surprised by this considering ND beat them earlier. Whats that swagger, confidence, and chip on that shoulder? Gotta get themselves right mentally.

I don't know football as well as many people in this board, but I would love to hear an explanation from one of the experts here about why the absence of both Lawrence and Skalski was discounted in the first game. Their performances have pretty well defined this game. This is a good Notre Dame team, and it might get defeated something like 48 to 10, maybe worse.

I don't mean to attack Brian Kelly, who I think is a decent coach, but I don't see Notre Dame turning this around in the second half. We have neither the horses nor the coaches.

can book take Rees with him.... it is unacceptable to be this poorly prepared on offense, defense and special teams... only Brian Kelly gets blown out like this when he has good teams

I always knew this was a possibility but didn’t expect it this year. I don’t know what’s going on with this defense. Maybe Clark’s departure is a bigger distraction than I thought.

Change the channel, you‘re watching the wrong game.

How many times has Lawrence been sacked ?

Now how about Book ?
Book hasn’t been sacked in the pocket once.... book is scared to throw it , he’s playing like the book that started his first 25 games , average qb

Change the channel, you‘re watching the wrong game.

How many times has Lawrence been sacked ?

Now how about Book ?
Lawrence doesn’t need to leave the pocket to see the whole field. He’s had less time than Ian but he gets rid of it quicker.

Reactions: rgc7
It’s coaching plan and simple. The only talent gap is the lack of talent at the corner position. I pray Kelly goes to the NFL. I hope we get blown out, honestly don’t want to watch this team get embarrassed in the playoffs.

14 days of prep .... Kelly doesn’t have to worry about families of Nd players going to rose bowl

This ones over. Just limit the damage in the second half, if possible (hold them under 50?), and hope they can still get in to the CFP. Although I have no confidence in them to survive one game even if they make it in. They keep showing that the moment is too big. That’s a preparation and mindset issue. Cmon Kelly.

How is this the same team as the first game?

It's not. Lawrence and Skalski are both playing. That's the difference.

I'm old enough now where I don't have high expectations, so it doesn't make me mad when we get handled like this. I do wonder, though, why the hopes rise among our fan base when we have a good start to our seasons. Kelly has managed to recruit and coach well enough to get us to the top-10, but that's as far as it's going.

It‘s over ! We will have to score every possession , and stop Clemson cold ! If we can do that , it would be one of the biggest comebacks in College football history.
Our Defense was our strength all season long, but they are completely outclassed by Lawrence, that kid is a top pro draft
choice. Not to mention that Clemson is also running at will.

I don't know football as well as many people in this board, but I would love to hear an explanation from one of the experts here about why the absence of both Lawrence and Skalski was discounted in the first game. Their performances have pretty well defined this game. This is a good Notre Dame team, and it might get defeated something like 48 to 10, maybe worse.

I don't mean to attack Brian Kelly, who I think is a decent coach, but I don't see Notre Dame turning this around in the second half. We have neither the horses nor the coaches.
Book hasn’t been sacked in the pocket once.... book is scared to throw it , he’s playing like the book that started his first 25 games , average qb

That‘s not the question and you’re being dishonest.

How many times has Lawrence been sacked behind the LOS ?

How many times has Book been sacked behind the LOS ?

Yikes. This has 2018 CFP game all over it again. I am aware that it’s tough to beat an opponent a second time, but I was expecting at least a little bit of a better showing than this. Flat and overwhelmed again. Oh well.

Team was not flat at all. They came out playing great. Clemson is better.

Look, Ian Book has been phenomenal. Nothing against the kid, he’s done great, but it’s clear if ND wants to win these big games consistently, we need a big, strong armed QB.
Book is playing fine. It’s the rest of the team that didn’t show up.

Horrible. D is Swiss cheese. 4-1 and you let them bust through for a TD? Thank god signing day was before this game.

That entire drive was Etienne, even on 2nd and 15 from their 13 yd line, right up the middle for 8 yards. If we tried an entire drive of handing or throwing to K Williams, Venebles would have four Tigers mauling him by the 2nd series.

I’m not going even rehash what we saw. This is the entire issue. You need elite players to be an elite team. It’s not rocket science. ND doesn’t have that and it’s painfully obvious

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT