ADVERTISEMENT

Officially Official ND v. Clemson ACC Conference Championship Game Thread

Someone should instead of asking Kelly a question just say F you for taking big games off coaching

Reactions: GDFan
ND isn’t choking. Clemson is really just way better. This is very disappointing. Knowing they had a shot at a playoff. Now they will go to a meaningless bowl. Even if it’s a New Years six bowl. It’s still meaning. As a fan it’s very frustrating to watch your team being dismantled like this.
Maybe the parents can go!

Reactions: tkirish
ND isn’t choking. Clemson is really just way better. This is very disappointing. Knowing they had a shot at a playoff. Now they will go to a meaningless bowl. Even if it’s a New Years six bowl. It’s still meaning. As a fan it’s very frustrating to watch your team being dismantled like this.
Nd chocked as coaches in game plan and book.... book started to panic once we got behind... part of blame is Rees play calling... book is just an average qb that played elite for 2-3 games

In spite of our being manhandled this game, we all knew the reality. Kelly is good coach , who will give us winning seasons and leave ND with an impressive win / loss ratio. Book is an excellent College QB, and ditto for his w / L record.
The reality is that we are not a legit top 10 team. We have neither the coaching or the Players.
Good team. Winning season. No championships

I think what you mean to say is we're not a top 3 team. Everyone knows that Clemson, tOSU and Bama are a cut above. That's the consensus and it's a reasonable one. Throw in the fact that they're hungry for revenge and we just lost our DC and it was a setup to get our ass kicked.

So I sort of agree with you. Anyway, hopefully we still get in the playoff. We'll see what happens.

BK didnt miss the 5 yard FG. He didnt drop the 4th down. He didnt let TL loose for a saftey.

We were never in this game, but its an easy 17-11 at half if you came to play

We all knew Book‚s strengths and limitations, that is why we were hoping that Phil would have had more opportunities to
compete here at ND. I know that he did not look too good against us when we played BC, but it was his first real season,
and Had no where the talent that we had.
Didvany of our Back up Q B,s underKelly ever get any meaningful time actually playing a full qt, with the first team
actually using the whole playbook ? Never ! They simply get garbage time , handing off the ball !

I think what you mean to say is we're not a top 3 team. Everyone knows that Clemson, tOSU and Bama are a cut above. That's the consensus and it's a reasonable one. Throw in the fact that they're hungry for revenge and we just lost our DC and it was a setup to get our ass kicked.

So I sort of agree with you. Anyway, hopefully we still get in the playoff. We'll see what happens.

I don’t think he’s a wartime consigliere !

• Love
Reactions: tbonesays and rgc7
He isn’t playing defense....isn’t playing offense either.

Its not his fault that the receivers aren’t getting open.

it’s not his fault that the running game is AWOL

So what do you want him to do.

Dabo has out game planned us and we haven’t been able to adjust

I’m glad I stopped caring after like the 7th post season blow out loss or else I’d be really aggravated right now. But the reality is I feel nothing because it’s in no way surprising.

Reactions: G_a_r_y
I’m glad I stopped caring after like the 7th post season blow out loss or else I’d be really aggravated right now. But the reality is I feel nothing because it’s in no way surprising.
I feel the same way.

Really hate that we didnt have our second string defense in and got a starter ejected for the first half of the CFP. Errr.

Acceptance, tkirish, acceptance. I think the last time I expected ND to do well in the post-season was after the 2005 season. I've become much happier now that I accept the fact that our ceiling is probably somewhere around #5 or #6 in the country.

BK didnt miss the 5 yard FG. He didnt drop the 4th down. He didnt let TL loose for a saftey.

We were never in this game, but its an easy 17-11 at half if you came to play
Sure throw the players under the bus. Worship lord Kelly who can do no wrong . gtfo!

It shouldn't. I called this before the first game. I had ND winning easily the first game (I was wrong there) and losing by 30 in the ACC championship. I was blasted and told 2020 ND was better than 2018. Clemson was missing so much against ND game 1. Lawrence was out. Etienne was banged up. Ross, Ngata, Ladson. And at one point in the game they were playing only 3 starters on defense. Healthy Clemson is a different animal. Add in the coaching differences, and you have this... Clemson has shut down the playbook now and are resting for Ohio State.
Yep!

I’m not convinced Ohio state is all that this year

When BK said there’s no sense in playing if the parents can’t be there I knew it was a bad omen.

The replacement Center has been a problem

44 yards rushing says it all

When BK said there’s no sense in playing if the parents can’t be there I knew it was a bad omen.

The replacement Center has been a problem

44 yards rushing says it all
You mean Kelly really wanted the kids’ parents see their kids get slobber-knocked! Shame on him!

Worst game I’ve seen from ND in the Kelly era. Makes one believe their record is, was and always be a total sham. Book? Ruined his NFL chances if he ever had any. 263 total yards. Goodbye ND and hello A and M. Has to be as ND could not beat Alabama, OSU or——-heaven forbid—-Clemson. Don’t think Kelly needs too worry about families in the stands.

Nd chocked as coaches in game plan and book.... book started to panic once we got behind... part of blame is Rees play calling... book is just an average qb that played elite for 2-3 games

Venables played pretty much a second string defense more than half of the first game. The only reason Book didn't have to bail the first game was because Williams picked up blitz after blitz after blitz. Credit Venables for making him uncomfortable early and often.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT