ADVERTISEMENT

Official ND v. UL Game Thread

Honestly White just saved that play! If he doesn’t read that he cuts back for a touchdown

And just like that Ian Book 9/14, 120 yards passing, 70 yards rushing, 2 TD (one rushing), 0 INT

It's really easy to overlook his intangibles. He's not a major arm with an aesthetically pleasing game, but more importantly he just produces.

He's going to finish with a 150+ PER, 300 total yards, and 3 TDs.
No stats for moxy, poise, pocket presence.. 2/10.

Reactions: BM16
Is this play calling for real? Another halfback draw to the outside with the slowest running back I've ever seen?

You can't even make this stuff up.

This one's gonna be a nail biter. I'm imagining Louisville has the ball on offense at the end with a chance to win it... it's not a good thought.

I’ve told my old man 1000 times , one day we’re gonna get smart and start betting against ND covering in games like this....I’ve genuinely not felt good about this one since I found out it was on Monday night, lots of distractions in mix up of routine like that...... While kelly has mostly had high highs and low lows in odd night road games...

To this point my thoughts are we’re gonna likely play better vs Georgia and Michigan, were gonna
Split those two games and possibly 1 or two more
Vs teams that run right at us, (Satterfield is doing so to remove our D line from the game, and it’s genius, they’re now 5 on 3-4 every play upfront, this team will be defined on how it replaces drue tranquil and Tevon Coney, and while our backers have settled down. I’m worried about them and our DT’s going forward....... ). Though I can’t note enough Satterfield truly has a knack for getting his guys to play with a chip on their shoulder, he’s been in the Appy State program since 98 in some form or fashion..... that program pisses football excellnce...

(Note there’s a lot of football left in the season and I’ve always been one to understand college football is different then any other sport alive, someone might step up or an entire position group might fold..., we won’t know truly til the chips start
Falling where they may.)

Last edited:
The way Claypool stayed down and slowly got up is a bit worrisome, like a concussion.

Targeting on Claypool

Helmet to helmet with the official looking right at the play from 3 yards away.

The fact that it looked like he felt it and wasn’t wobbly when he got up has me a little optimistic. Most times, you don’t feel concussions right away.

This defense is not good. Louisville is horrible on offense, especially at qb.
You really have no basis to say that. All new scheme good rb talent and some big ol. Last year sure. This year, if wait and see.

Chase called it!

Book 14-23 193 yards. 81 rush. No bad for an off night.

everytime book makes the right read on 3rd down and converts, or scrambles for a first down when a play breaks down, or escapes and throws the ball away to prevent a big loss, or escapes keeps his eyes down field and connects on a big play, none of this stuff looks as aesthetically pleasing like a 6'5 peyton manning clone with a rocket arm like trevor lawrence, but it all adds up to tons of productivity/value for NDs offense.

Book has 15 carries on almost 100 yards rushing right now to go along with another 200 yards passing with good efficiency stats.

he's a very good/underratted player.

Do you think it's beneficial to have a bye after the first game after the way they played tonight? Or would you prefer they were going right back at it next weekend?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT